NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





New MacBook


Discussion in Tech Support

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one tderrick with 7 posts (1 thanks)
    2. looks_two MrYou with 5 posts (2 thanks)
    3. looks_3 GFIs1 with 1 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 1 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one GFIs1 with 1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Xav1029 with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 MrYou with 0.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 tderrick with 0.1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 6,685 views
    2. thumb_up 5 thanks given
    3. group 4 followers
    1. forum 15 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #11 (permalink)
 
MrYou's Avatar
 MrYou 
NC, USA
 
Experience: None
Platform: None Yet
Trading: Guitar
Posts: 402 since Jun 2011
Thanks Given: 618
Thanks Received: 196


tderrick View Post
Might as well load Windows 7 on while I'm at it.

I would shoot for Windows 8 if possible. I seem to recall that a Windows 8 license includes a "downgrade license" to Windows 7. You may want to verify which edition (it may be Pro only) and how you go about this downgrade process if you need it. Personally I would rather try Windows 8.


Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
EA
Platforms and Indicators
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
  #12 (permalink)
 
MrYou's Avatar
 MrYou 
NC, USA
 
Experience: None
Platform: None Yet
Trading: Guitar
Posts: 402 since Jun 2011
Thanks Given: 618
Thanks Received: 196

Just FYI, the next-gen 13" MacBook with Retina display is rumored to be released next week.


Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)
 
tderrick's Avatar
 tderrick 
Nashville, Tennessee
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja / Jigsaw / 9G
Broker: AMP / CQG
Trading: NQ, YM and ES
Posts: 1,588 since Sep 2010
Thanks Given: 4,260
Thanks Received: 2,532



MrYou View Post
I would shoot for Windows 8 if possible. I seem to recall that a Windows 8 license includes a "downgrade license" to Windows 7. You may want to verify which edition (it may be Pro only) and how you go about this downgrade process if you need it. Personally I would rather try Windows 8.


I'm not sure if Ninja is 8 ready... but if I get 7 with it....point mute .. Thanx , I'll look into it,,,



AJ
Nashville, Tennessee


"Life On The Edge of SR"
Follow me on X Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)
 
Big Mike's Avatar
 Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader
 R.I.P. 1977-2026 
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Posts: 50,669 since Jun 2009
Thanks Given: 33,669
Thanks Received: 102,590


tderrick View Post
I'm not sure if Ninja is 8 ready... but if I get 7 with it....point mute .. Thanx , I'll look into it,,,



Mike




We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on X Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)
 
MrYou's Avatar
 MrYou 
NC, USA
 
Experience: None
Platform: None Yet
Trading: Guitar
Posts: 402 since Jun 2011
Thanks Given: 618
Thanks Received: 196

A new Mac Mini is also rumored to be on the way.


Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)
 
dano0726's Avatar
 dano0726 
Houston, Texas, USA
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Dorman
Trading: ZB, ZN
Posts: 25 since Nov 2010
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 21

I recently bought my daughter a new base/lowest 2012 MacBook Pro 13" -- sitting side to side next to her 2008 MacBook 13" = the laptops are look identical. I loaded 16 gigs of RAM into the 2012 MBP and the machine screams.

That base model classic (non-Retina) MacBook Pro still has the optical drive (what she wanted)....she's a high-school senior and this Mac is supposed to last for all of college (yeah -- I'm dreaming...)


Reply With Quote




Last Updated on November 7, 2012


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts