NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Ninjatrader IB and iqfeed


Discussion in Brokers

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one grindsgears with 4 posts (2 thanks)
    2. looks_two ElChacal with 4 posts (3 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 3 posts (3 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Robert Carrillo with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 8,566 views
    2. thumb_up 8 thanks given
    3. group 4 followers
    1. forum 13 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #11 (permalink)
 
ElChacal's Avatar
 ElChacal 
Houston, TX
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader TWS Barchart
Broker: IB / IB
Trading: SPY, QQQ
Posts: 419 since Nov 2014
Thanks Given: 474
Thanks Received: 278

@IQFeed James Thanks, yes I will contact them to see what's going on.

@Big Mike I was on default which is ETH and backtesting last night. The backtest went haywire on specific dates.

I will let you know once I solve it.


Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
  #12 (permalink)
 
ElChacal's Avatar
 ElChacal 
Houston, TX
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader TWS Barchart
Broker: IB / IB
Trading: SPY, QQQ
Posts: 419 since Nov 2014
Thanks Given: 474
Thanks Received: 278

@IQFeed James

Well... there is apparently a trading halt that I was not aware of that affects backtesting results on those dates.

Price gaps on IQFeed data - NinjaTrader Support Forum


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #13 (permalink)
 
Big Mike's Avatar
 Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader
 R.I.P. 1977-2026 
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Posts: 50,669 since Jun 2009
Thanks Given: 33,669
Thanks Received: 102,590



ElChacal View Post
@IQFeed James

Well... there is apparently a trading halt that I was not aware of that affects backtesting results on those dates.

Price gaps on IQFeed data - NinjaTrader Support Forum

I'm not sure I follow. The market was closed if I understand correctly, what is the issue? If you are seeing 'gaps' on your chart maybe you have a 24/7 template that is showing weekends or something, and need to adjust it to the correct sessions.

Mike




We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on X Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #14 (permalink)
 
ElChacal's Avatar
 ElChacal 
Houston, TX
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader TWS Barchart
Broker: IB / IB
Trading: SPY, QQQ
Posts: 419 since Nov 2014
Thanks Given: 474
Thanks Received: 278

@IQFeed James @Big Mike I just found the issue.

The data is perfect, working like a charm.
I was mixing apples and pears in my strategy (different instruments that trade different hours) and that was skewing my results.

Thanks.


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:




Last Updated on August 21, 2015


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts