NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





How do you come up with your trade ideas?


Discussion in Stocks and ETFs

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one deaddog with 4 posts (1 thanks)
    2. looks_two wcmaria with 3 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Zxeses with 1 posts (2 thanks)
    4. looks_4 umngane with 1 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Zxeses with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two MaritimeCanuck with 2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Alphanator with 2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 deaddog with 0.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 6,888 views
    2. thumb_up 7 thanks given
    3. group 7 followers
    1. forum 11 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #11 (permalink)
 wcmaria 
toronto canada
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninjatrader
Trading: es
Posts: 7 since Sep 2014
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1


deaddog View Post
What is your exit strategy?
Do you sell and buy a new ETF each month?

That's it. Set it and forget it for the month. If a new etf has performed better over the last 3 months than the one I am holding I sell my holding and buy the best performer.

If the etf I am currently holding is still on top, I do nothing.


Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
EA
Platforms and Indicators
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
  #12 (permalink)
 
deaddog's Avatar
 deaddog 
Prince George BC Canada
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: National Bank Direct
Broker: NBD/BMO/Questrade
Trading: Stocks
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Posts: 1,508 since May 2013
Thanks Given: 275
Thanks Received: 4,803


wcmaria View Post
That's it. Set it and forget it for the month. If a new etf has performed better over the last 3 months than the one I am holding I sell my holding and buy the best performer.

If the etf I am currently holding is still on top, I do nothing.

Sounds like a plan. How does it look for achieving your goal of beating your mutual funds?
Which funds are you using as a benchmark?


"The days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days" RW Hubbard
Reply With Quote




Last Updated on September 29, 2014


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts