NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Limit Order - Auto Cancel


Discussion in EasyLanguage Programming

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one ABCTG with 5 posts (8 thanks)
    2. looks_two Vientomarsol with 4 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 MartinHHH with 1 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Quick Summary with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 10,356 views
    2. thumb_up 9 thanks given
    3. group 3 followers
    1. forum 10 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #11 (permalink)
 ABCTG   is a Vendor
 
Posts: 2,448 since Apr 2013
Thanks Given: 494
Thanks Received: 1,643

Hi Martin,

you might want to post your question (or start a new thread) within the Ninjatrader section of NexusFi as chances are your NT questions are overlooked within the Tradestation section.
The following thread should get you going:
https://discourse.ninjatrader.com/forum/ninjascript-educational-resources/reference-samples/19659-strategy-keeping-orders-alive?t=19169

Regards,

ABCTG


MartinHHH View Post
Hello all,

I am posting here, since it is the closest post I found regarding what I want to do.

My strategy will enter long with a limit order -1 tick of the actual price when the conditions of the strategy are met. One of the condition is the crossover of the MACD, so that condition will not remain satisfied on the next bar update, so the limit order get cancelled on bar update (my order is only valid for 5 minutes..., the time of one bar).

I would like to keep the order good till 'x' amount of bar updates. Seems to be a simple concept, but I didn't find anyone doing it on ninjatrader, neither on other Platform.

I thanks in advance anyone who can help on that. Be aware that I am using NinjaTrader8 and I am not a coder...

martin


Follow me on X Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
EA
Platforms and Indicators
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks




Last Updated on March 20, 2019


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts