NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Nootropics, brain fog, and my routine for optimal brain


Discussion in Off-Topic

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one tpredictor with 9 posts (5 thanks)
    2. looks_two vmodus with 3 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 ch123456 with 3 posts (6 thanks)
    4. looks_4 MiniP with 3 posts (2 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one ch123456 with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two artemiso with 2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 MiniP with 0.7 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 tpredictor with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 11,026 views
    2. thumb_up 18 thanks given
    3. group 14 followers
    1. forum 24 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #11 (permalink)
 tpredictor 
North Carolina
 
Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader, Tradestation
Trading: es
Posts: 644 since Nov 2011

I have added Chromadex's Niagen to the stack (also hold CDXC stock). While there is uncertainty around specific precursors, I found the research compelling enough on NAD+ precursors.


Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
EA
Platforms and Indicators
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Want your NinjaTrader indicator created, free?
1 thanks
Running trading strategies on a VPS
1 thanks
  #12 (permalink)
 kventinupgrade 
London
 
Posts: 9 since Mar 2019

My mental functions are improved by normal sleep-wakefulness, healthy eating, sports, keeping a diary to record my thoughts


Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)
 
vmodus's Avatar
 vmodus 
Somewhere, Delaware, USA
Legendary Systematic Algo Trader
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: MultiCharts
Broker: Barchart.com
Trading: Everything, it all tastes like chicken
Posts: 1,270 since Feb 2017
Thanks Given: 2,960
Thanks Received: 2,856



kventinupgrade View Post
My mental functions are improved by normal sleep-wakefulness, healthy eating, sports, keeping a diary to record my thoughts

Word. There is no substitute.

I would toss meditation on that 'stack'.

~vmodus


Follow me on X Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)
 kventinupgrade 
London
 
Posts: 9 since Mar 2019


vmodus View Post
meditation

all the waves break on calm, even elliott waves)


Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)
 
ch123456's Avatar
 ch123456 
Houston+Texas/United States
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja Trader, Motivewave
Broker: NinjaTrader, Oanda, TD Ameritrade
Trading: CL GC
Posts: 98 since Nov 2015
Thanks Given: 116
Thanks Received: 111

I had lots of problems with fog. Stopped eating grain for a completely unrelated health issue and brain fog went away. Never get it any more. Like a miracle.


Follow me on X Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #16 (permalink)
 
vmodus's Avatar
 vmodus 
Somewhere, Delaware, USA
Legendary Systematic Algo Trader
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: MultiCharts
Broker: Barchart.com
Trading: Everything, it all tastes like chicken
Posts: 1,270 since Feb 2017
Thanks Given: 2,960
Thanks Received: 2,856


ch123456 View Post
I had lots of problems with fog. Stopped eating grain for a completely unrelated health issue and brain fog went away. Never get it any more. Like a miracle.

You are not the first person I've known who has reported similar results when cutting grain. Do you eat corn?

~vmodus


Follow me on X Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)
 
MiniP's Avatar
 MiniP 
USA,USA
Legendary Market Wizard
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage
Trading: ES,
Posts: 1,157 since May 2017
Thanks Given: 1,109
Thanks Received: 2,946


ch123456 View Post
I had lots of problems with fog. Stopped eating grain for a completely unrelated health issue and brain fog went away. Never get it any more. Like a miracle.



When did you first notice the improvements ?

-P


Sent using the NexusFi mobile app


"Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie"-Miyamoto Musashi
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)
 
ch123456's Avatar
 ch123456 
Houston+Texas/United States
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja Trader, Motivewave
Broker: NinjaTrader, Oanda, TD Ameritrade
Trading: CL GC
Posts: 98 since Nov 2015
Thanks Given: 116
Thanks Received: 111


MiniP View Post
When did you first notice the improvements ?

-P


Sent using the NexusFi mobile app


I stopped eating it 7 years ago. So I don't rember exactly. I think it took about 3 weeks to lose the fog. I started sleping a lot better within a week.


Follow me on X Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #19 (permalink)
 
ch123456's Avatar
 ch123456 
Houston+Texas/United States
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja Trader, Motivewave
Broker: NinjaTrader, Oanda, TD Ameritrade
Trading: CL GC
Posts: 98 since Nov 2015
Thanks Given: 116
Thanks Received: 111


vmodus View Post
You are not the first person I've known who has reported similar results when cutting grain. Do you eat corn?

~vmodus


Corn does not give me brain fog but I did stop eating it as well.

I stopped eating wheat first and then corn. It was too hard to stop eating both at the same time. I went about a year with no wheat and then when I got used to the no wheat, I stopped eating corn and other grains as well.


Follow me on X Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #20 (permalink)
jmp470
San Antonio, TX
 
Posts: 96 since May 2019
Thanks Given: 46
Thanks Received: 57


Sprints. Followed by a swim for endurance. Followed by water and coffee. Also yoga and meditation.


Reply With Quote




Last Updated on July 18, 2019


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts