NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Easylanguage vs. C++


Discussion in EasyLanguage Programming

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Cogito ergo sum with 2 posts (1 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 2 posts (1 thanks)
    3. looks_3 janson with 2 posts (2 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Darshiit with 1 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one diverdan with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two janson with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 aslan with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 cbritton with 1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 13,645 views
    2. thumb_up 8 thanks given
    3. group 6 followers
    1. forum 10 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #11 (permalink)
 
cbritton's Avatar
 cbritton 
Atlanta, Georgia
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT
Broker: DDT
Trading: ZN, ZB
Posts: 230 since Mar 2010
Thanks Given: 152
Thanks Received: 256

I asked this same question when I wanted to start developing strategies and indicators. I thought: why go with procedural languages at all when I'm very well versed in object oriented languages?

I've developed code for 15+ years using a variety of languages: c/c++/java/php, etc. When it comes to strategy and indicator building for trading systems, I have not found any advantages an object oriented language has. Strategy and indicator building is functional and rule driven where polymorphism, encapsulation, function overriding and all that OO stuff gets in the way more than it actually helps. The only thing I find of some use is namespaces and that is purely for organizational purposes.

Regards,
-C


“Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.” - Sun Tzu
Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
EA
Platforms and Indicators
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks




Last Updated on August 2, 2010


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts