NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Senior trading advice welcomed here


Discussion in Psychology and Money Management

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one truckertrader with 3 posts (4 thanks)
    2. looks_two Zen Garden with 3 posts (3 thanks)
    3. looks_3 deaddog with 2 posts (10 thanks)
    4. looks_4 DowDaddy with 2 posts (2 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one octoman7 with 11 thanks per post
    2. looks_two deaddog with 5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 OnceBank54 with 3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 truckertrader with 1.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 4,091 views
    2. thumb_up 38 thanks given
    3. group 13 followers
    1. forum 16 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #11 (permalink)
 
deaddog's Avatar
 deaddog 
Prince George BC Canada
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: National Bank Direct
Broker: NBD/BMO/Questrade
Trading: Stocks
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Posts: 1,508 since May 2013
Thanks Given: 275
Thanks Received: 4,803


Zen Garden View Post
There is a simple solution that I ask myself. Does this trade make me nervous? If so, it’s not a good trade.

All trades make me nervous. It took me a long time to get comfortable with being uncomfortable.


"The days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days" RW Hubbard
Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
EA
Platforms and Indicators
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
  #12 (permalink)
 truckertrader 
Chicago, Illinois
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TOS
Broker: Schwab
Trading: Futures Calendar Spreads and Outrights
Frequency: Other
Duration: Other
Posts: 55 since Mar 2022
Thanks Given: 110
Thanks Received: 89


deaddog View Post
It took me a long time to get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

That's an awesome saying!


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #13 (permalink)
 
Zen Garden's Avatar
 Zen Garden   is a Vendor
 
Posts: 30 since Nov 2023
Thanks Given: 9
Thanks Received: 27



deaddog View Post
All trades make me nervous. It took me a long time to get comfortable with being uncomfortable.


So being comfortable with uncomfortable is what gets me into trouble. I am glad it’s working for you but a lot of us need to focus on risk management and keeping the RR correct. I am not constantly profitable so I want to make sure I am not coming across authoritative in any way.

Now that that’s said, is that working for you?


Sent using the NexusFi mobile app


Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)
 
deaddog's Avatar
 deaddog 
Prince George BC Canada
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: National Bank Direct
Broker: NBD/BMO/Questrade
Trading: Stocks
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Posts: 1,508 since May 2013
Thanks Given: 275
Thanks Received: 4,803


Zen Garden View Post
So being comfortable with uncomfortable is what gets me into trouble. I am glad it’s working for you but a lot of us need to focus on risk management and keeping the RR correct. I am not constantly profitable so I want to make sure I am not coming across authoritative in any way.

Now that that’s said, is that working for you?


Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Firstly I'm a long only stock swing trader. (I fund my lifestyle with trading)
Here is how I look at it.
I expect every trade to be a loser. So I'm not really disappointed when my stop is hit.
Capital preservation is my number one priority. Keeping losses small is one way of preserving my capital.
I do concentrate on R/R. With my low win rate I have to have a pretty healthy R/R to make any money.


"The days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days" RW Hubbard
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)
 
DowDaddy's Avatar
 DowDaddy 
Las Vegas
 
Experience: Master
Platform: Ninja
Broker: Ninja Trader Brokerage
Trading: Nasdaq Futures
Posts: 405 since Oct 2021
Thanks Given: 771
Thanks Received: 400


deaddog View Post
Firstly I'm a long only stock swing trader. (I fund my lifestyle with trading)

Here is how I look at it.

I expect every trade to be a loser. So I'm not really disappointed when my stop is hit.

Capital preservation is my number one priority. Keeping losses small is one way of preserving my capital.

I do concentrate on R/R. With my low win rate I have to have a pretty healthy R/R to make any money.

That's a winning formula!

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app


Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #16 (permalink)
 58LesPaul 
Owensboro, KY
 
Platform: TradingView
Trading: ES/NQ
Posts: 203 since Sep 2015
Thanks Given: 204
Thanks Received: 103

Never counter trend until a major support fails! This is tantamount! Always stay with the current trend. If a major support fails, then it is time to look for a trade in the opposite direction.


Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)
 
OnceBank54's Avatar
 OnceBank54 
Legendary Market Wizard
 
Posts: 1,925 since Nov 2014
Thanks Given: 3,750
Thanks Received: 3,571


Zen Garden View Post
There is a simple solution that I ask myself. Does this trade make me nervous? If so, it’s not a good trade.

The opposite of this works for me.

When I'm comforable or NOT anxious with a trade, that's usually an indication that I'm confident with my trade. This means I expect certain outcome and I'm likely to be stubborn i.e not taking my loss.

When I'm anxious, that's because of the uncertainity. That's a good start for any position.

Everyone is different


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:




Last Updated on January 1, 2024


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts