NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Thread for Good movies recently released to theater, video or otherwise.


Discussion in Off-Topic

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (76 thanks)
    2. looks_two Cloudy with 79 posts (16 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Itchymoku with 57 posts (39 thanks)
    4. looks_4 tturner86 with 22 posts (23 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one tturner86 with 1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Itchymoku with 0.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 0.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Cloudy with 0.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 286,894 views
    2. thumb_up 241 thanks given
    3. group 55 followers
    1. forum 470 posts
    2. attach_file 13 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #241 (permalink)
 
Big Mike's Avatar
 Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader
 R.I.P. 1977-2026 
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Posts: 50,669 since Jun 2009
Thanks Given: 33,669
Thanks Received: 102,593


Cloudy View Post
I was curious. Then found out the same director who directed "Tron: Legacy" had directed Elysium.
Kind of explains it if you thought the directing was a mess. And now not on my short list to want to see anytime soon.

I enjoyed Tron Legacy though..

Mike




We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on X Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Want your NinjaTrader indicator created, free?
1 thanks
Running trading strategies on a VPS
1 thanks
  #242 (permalink)
 Cloudy 
desert CA
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT7, various
Broker: various, TDA
Trading: NQ,ES
Posts: 2,126 since Jul 2011
Thanks Given: 2,398
Thanks Received: 1,752


Big Mike View Post
I enjoyed Tron Legacy though..

Mike

I hear you Big Mike. I dunno, for me I felt it could have been better. Just seemed like a lot of meaningless pedestrian rookie/conforming seeming choices and it could have been so much more. It was the director's first real movie. A costly and anticipated one with goodwill from the 1982 movie which is still scary and impressive in an otherworldly way. I did think the production value was excellent and cgi-youthing was amazing. Wish Tron himself had more of a maskless role by the end..
well maybe the next sequel which was originally planned.


Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
  #243 (permalink)
 Itchymoku 
Philadelphia
 
Experience: None
Platform: corded black telephone
Trading: ticker tape
Posts: 2,892 since Apr 2012
Thanks Given: 1,683
Thanks Received: 3,662


Tron was pretty good imo, great sound track too


R.I.P. Joseph Bach (Itchymoku), 1987-2018.
Please visit this thread for more information.
Reply With Quote
  #244 (permalink)
 Itchymoku 
Philadelphia
 
Experience: None
Platform: corded black telephone
Trading: ticker tape
Posts: 2,892 since Apr 2012
Thanks Given: 1,683
Thanks Received: 3,662




This is a rare case where the movie is better than the book!


R.I.P. Joseph Bach (Itchymoku), 1987-2018.
Please visit this thread for more information.
Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #245 (permalink)
 Itchymoku 
Philadelphia
 
Experience: None
Platform: corded black telephone
Trading: ticker tape
Posts: 2,892 since Apr 2012
Thanks Given: 1,683
Thanks Received: 3,662

47 ronin got a 11% on rottentomatoes.. I don't understand. It looks great from the trailer


R.I.P. Joseph Bach (Itchymoku), 1987-2018.
Please visit this thread for more information.
Reply With Quote
  #246 (permalink)
 
Big Mike's Avatar
 Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader
 R.I.P. 1977-2026 
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Posts: 50,669 since Jun 2009
Thanks Given: 33,669
Thanks Received: 102,593


Itchymoku View Post



This is a rare case where the movie is better than the book!

Wolf of Wall Street has an impressive 8.9 on IMDB right now. I look forward to the blu-ray release.

Mike




We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on X Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #247 (permalink)
 Itchymoku 
Philadelphia
 
Experience: None
Platform: corded black telephone
Trading: ticker tape
Posts: 2,892 since Apr 2012
Thanks Given: 1,683
Thanks Received: 3,662



I'd give this movie a solid 95%. It had great acting, hilarious plot developments, and a unique touch I haven't seen in other movies.


R.I.P. Joseph Bach (Itchymoku), 1987-2018.
Please visit this thread for more information.
Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #248 (permalink)
 RADO 
Melbourne, Australia
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: SC, TradingView
Broker: CQG/AMP, IB
Trading: SPI, EMD, CL, ZS
Posts: 64 since Oct 2013
Thanks Given: 16
Thanks Received: 82


Itchymoku View Post


I'd give this movie a solid 95%. It had great acting, hilarious plot developments, and a unique touch I haven't seen in other movies.

I have to agree American hustle was a pretty good flick. I saw this movie about a week ago at the cinema, I wasn't expecting it to be anything special but to my surprise I really enjoyed it.

Another movie I watched recently is Rush its about F1 during the 70's and how dangerous it was back then. If you liked the Senna documentary you will definitely like this movie.
Rush - Trailer #1 - YouTube


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #249 (permalink)
 
Big Mike's Avatar
 Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader
 R.I.P. 1977-2026 
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Posts: 50,669 since Jun 2009
Thanks Given: 33,669
Thanks Received: 102,593

I recently watched "Thanks for Sharing" and found it quite good.

Thanks for Sharing (2012) - IMDb

I started watching it because I thought it was a comedy and that was what I was in the mood for. But it's a much more serious movie, and yes has a few laughs but is really quite good.

Mike




We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on X Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
  #250 (permalink)
 
Big Mike's Avatar
 Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader
 R.I.P. 1977-2026 
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Posts: 50,669 since Jun 2009
Thanks Given: 33,669
Thanks Received: 102,593




I hope this is a hit, mainly because I'd like to see other cancelled shows return due to the power of crowdfunding.

Mike




We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on X Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote




Last Updated on June 28, 2022


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts