NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

FootPrintV2 Chart for NT8

Discussion in Platforms and Indicators

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one mk77ch with 51 posts (262 thanks)
    2. looks_two trymph with 29 posts (29 thanks)
    3. looks_3 brettji with 20 posts (16 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Alinghy with 17 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one mk77ch with 5.1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two trymph with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 brettji with 0.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 zt379 with 0.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 90,370 views
    2. thumb_up 405 thanks given
    3. group 131 followers
    1. forum 247 posts
    2. attach_file 120 attachments

Search this Thread
 tickBull 
Zug Switzerland

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader NT8
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 15

Hi molleti

mzPack
I've used mzPack as well for a long time, not only the footprint but also other mzPack Indicators, such as MP and VP. I was very satisfied, did not look any further after that purchase. There are a lot of customization, tweaking and functionality available.
Overall it has me served well.

But meanwhile I've moved away from mzPack in general. The change was initially triggered due to performance issues I've experienced with NT8 in general at some point (not directly due to mzPack) and the desire to visually clean up my charts. So I had to strip things down, made a lot of performance testings and optimized my workspace more than I had already at that point.
mzPack was one of the indicators which used quite a good amount of resources, compared to the alternatives I've considered.
By trying other products, I found the alternative slightly more stable (performance wise); more readable and clean (more intuitive), especially in action under moving live conditions. (maybe more a personal preference thing)
So I'm currently using a lot of stuff from the ACME Suite from RanchoDinero.

Test before commit
Whatever Indicator you are interested in, I would definitively advise to be intentional about what your need is, then test and compare different indicator first, before fully committing to one.
Often you'll get your hands on the manuals (learn about features), videos (see it in action), getting trial period (testing within your use case) or alternatively just buying an affordable monthly license (forward test the indicator).

Render Frequency for orderflow visualisations:
For this type of Orderflow chart, I would also highly recommend experimenting with the TickRefresh indicator to get higher render frequency above the by NT8 natively fixed 250ms. This is for the same reason why the DOM also updates faster than 250ms, it gives visually more clues and is easier to pick up the action. (Although not sure how accurate the sequence really is with this workaround)

Don't hesitate to ask, if you want to know something more specific. I still have full access to it (live time licensed).

TB

mzPack Footprint, NQ, Point Figure 1-22, 1 tick res. (normally lower), split statistic grid into distinct participant tiers

ACME Footprint, NQ, Point Figure 1-22, 1 tick res.

mzPack Footprint, ES, Point Figure 1-12, 1 tick res., split statistic grid into distinct participant tiers (fictive settings)

ACME Footprint, ES, Point Figure 1-12, 1 tick res., (fictive settings)

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Help re translation of ninjascript to EL
NinjaTrader
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
Elite Trader Funding, Avoid?
Trading Reviews and Vendors
What You Know vs How much you know about it
Traders Hideout

RobWa 
Seattle, WA

Platform: NinjaTrader8
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 1

RobWa View Post
Here is a little more weirdness. Looking at the bid ask columns on your orderflow indicator and the orderflow indicator that comes with a package of inc. in the WyckoffZen bundle. It looks like something isn't mathing but is this by design? Regarding to number size, going from 15 range to 10 range helped.
Capture4

Capture5

@mk77ch any thoughts on this?

mk77ch 
Switzerland

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Dorman
Trading: Currency Futures, ES
Thanks Given: 29
Thanks Received: 364

RobWa View Post

no, not really, i made a few tests after your initial post in a slow moving es and couldn't find any discrepancy comparing it to the incoming ticks/volume in a live market.

when it comes to historical calculation, there could be some differences based on how the ticks are recorded in tick replay, vs adding a one tick serie. maybe also how ninjatrader is feeding these ticks into each chart. the data provider could be an issue too.

there have always been some discussions on how ninjatrader triggers a new bar and there are different approaches to handle this event.

it's strange but best to test on a 1 minute chart in a slow moving market i guess. comparing live and historical bars.

i actually can't completely rule out any bugs but there should be none.

will give it another try this week if i find the time.

all the best,
mike

I never lose. I either win or learn.
Nelson Mandela

The Potion | Konje | Pride | Stick Season | Breathe
Started this thread Reply With Quote
 Arch 
W.Coast, USA.

Platform: Anything
Trading: Emini
Thanks Given: 117
Thanks Received: 410

mk77ch,
1. can you explain cumulative swing delta, and particularly how you use it?
2. does your foot print render a full depth map, like the order flow depth map (bookmap style)?

molleti 
Princeton,NJ

Experience: None
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: Stocks
Thanks Given: 1

tickBull View Post
Hi molleti

mzPack
I've used mzPack as well for a long time, not only the footprint but also other mzPack Indicators, such as MP and VP. I was very satisfied, did not look any further after that purchase. There are a lot of customization, tweaking and functionality available.
Overall it has me served well.

But meanwhile I've moved away from mzPack in general. The change was initially triggered due to performance issues I've experienced with NT8 in general at some point (not directly due to mzPack) and the desire to visually clean up my charts. So I had to strip things down, made a lot of performance testings and optimized my workspace more than I had already at that point.
mzPack was one of the indicators which used quite a good amount of resources, compared to the alternatives I've considered.
By trying other products, I found the alternative slightly more stable (performance wise); more readable and clean (more intuitive), especially in action under moving live conditions. (maybe more a personal preference thing)
So I'm currently using a lot of stuff from the ACME Suite from RanchoDinero.

Test before commit
Whatever Indicator you are interested in, I would definitively advise to be intentional about what your need is, then test and compare different indicator first, before fully committing to one.
Often you'll get your hands on the manuals (learn about features), videos (see it in action), getting trial period (testing within your use case) or alternatively just buying an affordable monthly license (forward test the indicator).

Render Frequency for orderflow visualisations:
For this type of Orderflow chart, I would also highly recommend experimenting with the TickRefresh indicator to get higher render frequency above the by NT8 natively fixed 250ms. This is for the same reason why the DOM also updates faster than 250ms, it gives visually more clues and is easier to pick up the action. (Although not sure how accurate the sequence really is with this workaround)

Don't hesitate to ask, if you want to know something more specific. I still have full access to it (live time licensed).

TB

mzPack Footprint, NQ, Point Figure 1-22, 1 tick res. (normally lower), split statistic grid into distinct participant tiers

ACME Footprint, NQ, Point Figure 1-22, 1 tick res.

mzPack Footprint, ES, Point Figure 1-12, 1 tick res., split statistic grid into distinct participant tiers (fictive settings)

ACME Footprint, ES, Point Figure 1-12, 1 tick res., (fictive settings)

Nice of you - Thanks a lot for the information you have shared.

Thanked by:
 tickBull 
Zug Switzerland

Platform: NinjaTrader NT8
Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 15

molleti View Post
Nice of you - Thanks a lot for the information you have shared.

You're welcome!

TB

duidid
london, england

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 5

RobWa View Post

I've noticed the same behavior but through different sources.

'
This is our footprint

this is sierra chart, which if you take any value and 2x it you'd get the footprint v2 value. On a side note, I have also noticed that if you look at the lowest tick on the current bar, the bid ask is the wrong way around showing 45*0 vs 0*90. I may be ignorant to something and may be my mistake.

Tradingview volume on the 2nd last candle shows approx 13k but the volume in the footprint (at bottom) shows 26k.

I've been able to replicate this live too

Overall I think this indi is amazing and I thank the author for their work

Thanked by:
 RobWa 
Seattle, WA

Platform: NinjaTrader8
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 8

duidid View Post
I've noticed the same behavior but through different sources.

'
This is our footprint

this is sierra chart, which if you take any value and 2x it you'd get the footprint v2 value. On a side note, I have also noticed that if you look at the lowest tick on the current bar, the bid ask is the wrong way around showing 45*0 vs 0*90. I may be ignorant to something and may be my mistake.

Tradingview volume on the 2nd last candle shows approx 13k but the volume in the footprint (at bottom) shows 26k.

I've been able to replicate this live too

Overall I think this indi is amazing and I thank the author for their work

I really like it too. Right now, because of this and the font size issues I have I actually turn off the footprint. stacked imbalance still gets flagged, the delta shaded candles are excellent, and the 3 layer volume profile is REALLY COOL. Since I'm no expert at reading footprint info anyway, I'll typically take a trade off of a 500 tick chart and then flip over to an 8Range chart with a different footprint indicator to watch it and study the entry and exit.

Last Updated on June 20, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts