NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Asus Transformer Prime


Discussion in Tech Support

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 14 posts (9 thanks)
    2. looks_two DavidHP with 5 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 redratsal with 3 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 sharky with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 9,716 views
    2. thumb_up 9 thanks given
    3. group 3 followers
    1. forum 23 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #21 (permalink)
 
redratsal's Avatar
 redratsal 
Milan (I)
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninjatrader
Broker: Kinetick
Trading: FDAX,6E,CL,YM,NQ,ES
Posts: 1,648 since Oct 2010
Thanks Given: 1,216
Thanks Received: 2,090

Lucky you, nice gift before the end of the year, let us know your first impressions


Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
EA
Platforms and Indicators
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
  #22 (permalink)
 
redratsal's Avatar
 redratsal 
Milan (I)
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninjatrader
Broker: Kinetick
Trading: FDAX,6E,CL,YM,NQ,ES
Posts: 1,648 since Oct 2010
Thanks Given: 1,216
Thanks Received: 2,090

Hello Mike,

Any feedback from your transformer prime, I noticed you sent your tapatalk with it.


Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)
 
Big Mike's Avatar
 Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader
 R.I.P. 1977-2026 
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Posts: 50,669 since Jun 2009
Thanks Given: 33,669
Thanks Received: 102,590



redratsal View Post
Hello Mike,

Any feedback from your transformer prime, I noticed you sent your tapatalk with it.

Love it.

If you need the keyboard it can't be beat, and can easily attach/detach it.

Otherwise I'd get the new Nexus 7, also made by Asus.

Mike




We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on X Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #24 (permalink)
 
DavidHP's Avatar
 DavidHP 
Isla Mujeres, MX
Legendary Market Wizard
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Ninjatrader / Optimus Futures / AmpFutures
Trading: NQ / ES / 6E / 6B / CL
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Minutes
Posts: 1,827 since Aug 2009
Thanks Given: 11,793
Thanks Received: 3,051

I also had the Asus Prime.
It is a great tablet and the wifi issues reported were not a problem on my unit.

It was very nice. The problem is... I discovered it was just a bit too large for me.
I also wanted something with 3G/4G....
So, I gave mine to my wife and bought a 7.7 Samsung Galaxy Tab.

I could not be happier.
It is the 'perfect' size for me and is 'always on the net'.

If I could figure out a way to run my charts from it I would be in heaven.
I watch charts via Splashtop or Logmein.
This is an 'ok' solution but not really a great way to trade.
(I am uncomfortable with live trading over a remote platform)

I thought I would be upset when a less expensive alternative to my 7.7 became available,
but it is so great for me, I am glad I did not wait.
My Verizon LTE service is super in this area and I usually get 20K speeds when on an LTE network.
Verizon's model does not allow it to double as a phone.
However, I added GrooveIP and Google Voice so I can send and receive calls from the tab.

I carry mine in a Poetic cover and I attached a thin lanyard to the case.
The lanyard helps in case it slips from my hand. I have it with me all the time.

Everyone sees me at work, play and always with two things....
My cup of Espresso and my Tab.
<can you say GEEK>


Rejoice in the Thunderstorms of Life . . .
Knowing it's not about Clouds or Wind. . .
But Learning to Dance in the Rain ! ! !
Follow me on X Reply With Quote




Last Updated on July 9, 2012


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts