NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





How to control the Emotional Conflict.


Discussion in Psychology and Money Management

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one tdrogers with 7 posts (1 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 3 posts (7 thanks)
    3. looks_3 olobay with 2 posts (2 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mattz with 2 posts (6 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one mattz with 3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 2.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 olobay with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 xiaosi with 1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 10,378 views
    2. thumb_up 21 thanks given
    3. group 6 followers
    1. forum 21 posts
    2. attach_file 1 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #21 (permalink)
 
Devil Man's Avatar
 Devil Man 
Fort Lauderdale
 
Experience: None
Platform: Ninjatrader, Python API
Broker: CQG
Trading: Nasdaq and Crude futures
Posts: 894 since Oct 2009
Thanks Given: 3,570
Thanks Received: 1,606


FDateTrader View Post

So how did I get mastery over my emotions?

I didn't.

@FDateTrader, I appreciate your insight...having been a trader for just a short time compared to you....the hardest thing I've had to deal with IS emotions....but from outside the realm of trading. Life stuff has really taken a toll on me so many times, some how, some way I have survived and LEARNED to cut my losses quick...and quit while I'm ahead.

Thank you for sharing!

JD


Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
EA
Platforms and Indicators
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
  #22 (permalink)
 FDateTrader 
Fayetteville Arkansas USA
 
Posts: 5 since Sep 2013


Devil Man View Post
@FDateTrader, I appreciate your insight...having been a trader for just a short time compared to you....the hardest thing I've had to deal with IS emotions....but from outside the realm of trading. Life stuff has really taken a toll on me so many times, some how, some way I have survived and LEARNED to cut my losses quick...and quit while I'm ahead.

Thank you for sharing!

JD

My pleasure JD.

No trader should feel bad about having to deal with emotions. What they need to do is to learn to COPE with it and WORK around it.

I've dealt with hundreds of trading students over the years and what I had found was that the winners and losers both had emotions getting in the way. However, the winners learned to keep risk low, and have confidence in their chosen method of trading.

Good job on what you have LEARNED!

Cheers!


Reply With Quote




Last Updated on September 9, 2013


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts