NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





iPhone 4


Discussion in Off-Topic

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one lolu with 4 posts (0 thanks)
    2. looks_two roonius with 4 posts (2 thanks)
    3. looks_3 MetalTrade with 4 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 shodson with 3 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 10,401 views
    2. thumb_up 4 thanks given
    3. group 7 followers
    1. forum 24 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #21 (permalink)
 zickzack 
Switzerland
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Posts: 7 since Jun 2010
Thanks Given: 12
Thanks Received: 0


roonius View Post
I don't own any of them. Because I don't buy names. That does not mean I have not used any of them.
Two companies I will not buy for sure ever: Apple and SONY - 90% of price - name , 10% - product.

Especially in laptops of Sony. I look first to the price/performance-relationship = no Sony, no Apple


Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
EA
Platforms and Indicators
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
 
  #22 (permalink)
 bandler6 
essex, nj
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ES
Posts: 7 since Jul 2010
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 2

Just got my iPhone two days ago. Ordered last Saturday. Arrived on Thursday. Really nice display. Much crisper doing a side-by-side comparison. And a lot faster too. My 2G 1st gen is quite pokey, but I am stoked at maintaining my all-I-can-eat data plan.

As an aside, one of bosses decided to return his iP4 and become a fAndroid via an Incredible. Pretty cool device too. For the next two years though, I'll stick with AT&T (I have about 4000 R/O mins on my 700 mpm plan), as I have added my 11 y.o daughter to the plan I can say goodbye to those mins...although most tweens seem to SMS and use few minutes. I guess I'll know soon enough.

In the end, I probably use the "phone" feature of my phone barely 2% of the time. I also use the same (though modified) Z-Cover Skin, so the antenna issues are not a problem. Mobile ToS and other apps are what keep me busy.

David


Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)
 MetalTrade 
 
Posts: 1,055 since May 2010



lolu View Post
Mac OS X is really BSD-commercial.


Lolu

But based on Free-BSD, it uses the Mach Kernel.


Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)
 traderwerks   is a Vendor
 
Posts: 688 since Jun 2009
Thanks Given: 436
Thanks Received: 466


MetalTrade View Post
But based on Free-BSD, it uses the Mach Kernel.

It used be, but they made some changes and now it is the XNU kernel that is sort of Mach + FreeBSD POSIX & I/O.


Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)
Bilderberger
London
 
Posts: 14 since Aug 2010
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 27


roonius View Post
I don't own any of them. Because I don't buy names. That does not mean I have not used any of them.
Two companies I will not buy for sure ever: Apple and SONY - 90% of price - name , 10% - product.

I've owned a Sony Vaio and was unimpressed overall with the performance.

I've used a blackberry and various other smartphones, and overall as an impartial business phone user, I would definately say that IMO performance+functionality+quality is by far the best in the iPhone.

I would agree with the weighty price argument however, which is why i'm waiting a few months for the scarcity premium to come off after which I'll try to pick one up on ebay or in a store promotion at a more reasonable price.


Reply With Quote




Last Updated on August 14, 2010


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts