NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

In futures why does price turn so hard against you

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Spottrader with 15 posts (0 thanks)
    2. looks_two xplorer with 4 posts (7 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 4 posts (18 thanks)
    4. looks_4 josh with 2 posts (14 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one josh with 7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 4.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 sevensa with 2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 xplorer with 1.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 1,768 views
    2. thumb_up 50 thanks given
    3. group 11 followers
    1. forum 31 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,335
Thanks Received: 101,947

Spottrader View Post
I'll do you one better...Where did I say that "we(futures.io) has a pattern of behavior of censorship without fairness"?

But you and your mod are doing a good job of derailing the thread.

Saying it's double standard and nothing new.

I'm assuming you don't actually have links to prove your opinion, so this will be my last post on the subject.

If you do, then use the report feature and I'll be happy to review the post as well as the initial time you reported it, to make certain we act evenhanded and consistently.

Mike

Join the free Markets Chat beta: Real-time Trading Insights

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Has anyone taken The Confident Trader course from aheadc …
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Brendt Skorupinsky
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Forcing plots to disappear/reappear?
NinjaTrader
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
Is there a way to simulate CONTINUOUS CONTRACT?
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
ApexTraderFunding.com experience and review
91 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
73 thanks
Winning attitudes create winning traders
39 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
32 thanks
Topstep experience and review
28 thanks

xplorer 
London UK
Site Moderator

Experience: Beginner
Platform: CQG
Broker: S5
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 15,589
Thanks Received: 15,543

Spottrader View Post
I'll do you one better...Where did I say that "we(futures.io) has a pattern of behavior of censorship without fairness"?

Right here

It says
Quoting 
Double standard censorship. Nothing new.

Thanked by:

josh 
Georgia, US
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: SC
Broker: Denali+Rithmic
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Thanks Given: 6,867
Thanks Received: 18,494

Spottrader View Post
Seems like most every time the price action Log jams up against my position and eventually breaks the opposite way aggressively no matter the market conditions or contract.

Am I just off?

Yes, you are just off. End of story. I read your other posts here, and you are truly so far off of what is important in order to have some measure of success, that it can't be overstated.

Even the way you wrote the above shows that you don't really understand things well, at least not well enough to communicate it. For example, what does "every time the price action Log jams up against my position" actually mean? Think about what you're trying to convey, think about how someone reading it would interpret it, and try to express it again, if you want readers to understand.

If you're trying to say "every time I get in, the market goes against me," then, welcome to trading. There is no "minor league" here. You are a very green, uninformed, small fish, in a huge ocean of whales. Try trading on a simulator, where you are truly invisible to the market, and you will observe the same thing.

The market is a just a big game. The uninformed, weakest players will tend to exhibit the same behaviors, for the same reasons. For example, a market goes up, up, up, straight up. They have all been taught to look for pullbacks and most find it nearly impossible to buy into a market like this. So, when the market starts pulling back, they all start buying. Because they all start buying, these predictably weak hands put their stops in predictable places, and the sophisticated players know this, so they don't lump themselves in with them, but rather, sell into their liquidity and ride it down. See S&P yesterday from 10:48am to 11:11am. Called it at the time. Why? Because I'm not a green rookie any longer, and I myself have been suckered in and lost money countless times over many many years doing just that. I then learned to not do it, and because of my mistakes, I'm now better than I was. It can't work any other way. Pain is necessary for growth, especially in this game. Accept that or just walk away.

I wish there was a minor league, but there's not, only the majors. Market volume is 80% algorithmic in origin, absolutely true, but you don't even know what "the algos" do. You have so little foundation that to even think about it right now is holding you back. You can focus on meaningless stuff like this, or you can focus on one thing: how to win the game. Where do you have some edge in the market? How can you view things in order to shift probabilities in your favor? Who is on the other side of your trade? Who is positioned poorly? In a way, you actually have an edge: what you're doing isn't working, so what would happen if you did the opposite of what you're doing? That in itself is an edge. I hang out in a discord room, and actually pay attention to what the bad traders are saying, and they're always vocal. If they're pissed and looking for a reversal, chances are it'll keep going. They have a loser's mentality, and it affects how they view the market. You do too right now. I'm not calling *you* a loser, I'm saying that your mentality is not a winning one.

It doesn't matter how long you've been watching markets or trading. It doesn't matter how much you think you know, or how much you really know. When you're focused on what you're focused on, you won't win. It's your choice about whether to change that or not. About 90% simply find all the internal changes too painful to deal with.

Spottrader 
springfield, US

josh View Post
Yes, you are just off. End of story. I read your other posts here, and you are truly so far off of what is important in order to have some measure of success, that it can't be overstated.

Even the way you wrote the above shows that you don't really understand things well, at least not well enough to communicate it. For example, what does "every time the price action Log jams up against my position" actually mean? Think about what you're trying to convey, think about how someone reading it would interpret it, and try to express it again, if you want readers to understand.

If you're trying to say "every time I get in, the market goes against me," then, welcome to trading. There is no "minor league" here. You are a very green, uninformed, small fish, in a huge ocean of whales. Try trading on a simulator, where you are truly invisible to the market, and you will observe the same thing.

The market is a just a big game. The uninformed, weakest players will tend to exhibit the same behaviors, for the same reasons. For example, a market goes up, up, up, straight up. They have all been taught to look for pullbacks and most find it nearly impossible to buy into a market like this. So, when the market starts pulling back, they all start buying. Because they all start buying, these predictably weak hands put their stops in predictable places, and the sophisticated players know this, so they don't lump themselves in with them, but rather, sell into their liquidity and ride it down. See S&P yesterday from 10:48am to 11:11am. Called it at the time. Why? Because I'm not a green rookie any longer, and I myself have been suckered in and lost money countless times over many many years doing just that. I then learned to not do it, and because of my mistakes, I'm now better than I was. It can't work any other way. Pain is necessary for growth, especially in this game. Accept that or just walk away.

I wish there was a minor league, but there's not, only the majors. Market volume is 80% algorithmic in origin, absolutely true, but you don't even know what "the algos" do. You have so little foundation that to even think about it right now is holding you back. You can focus on meaningless stuff like this, or you can focus on one thing: how to win the game. Where do you have some edge in the market? How can you view things in order to shift probabilities in your favor? Who is on the other side of your trade? Who is positioned poorly? In a way, you actually have an edge: what you're doing isn't working, so what would happen if you did the opposite of what you're doing? That in itself is an edge. I hang out in a discord room, and actually pay attention to what the bad traders are saying, and they're always vocal. If they're pissed and looking for a reversal, chances are it'll keep going. They have a loser's mentality, and it affects how they view the market. You do too right now. I'm not calling *you* a loser, I'm saying that your mentality is not a winning one.

It doesn't matter how long you've been watching markets or trading. It doesn't matter how much you think you know, or how much you really know. When you're focused on what you're focused on, you won't win. It's your choice about whether to change that or not. About 90% simply find all the internal changes too painful to deal with.

There's a lot of generalization in your comment that I skimmed through.

You can disagree, that's no sweat off my back as I'm not here to garner likes and subs. Just here to share my knowledge.

This is something that I've tested with a live account for a long time. I've tested my thesis with different utensils and different brokerages and it exists in all the markets, with commodities in particular. Each trading vehicle does have its own characteristics. I've only divulged only a small amount of what I know and even then there's more to be learned, but just isn't something readily available to the public. This is something if you understand will add if you have edge, but trading will still be hard.

If anyone's inclined, go see things for yourself with an open and objective mindset of a sharp trader. If you think it's a bunch of market boogey man BS then that's fine as too.

A prudent man deals with knowledge.

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Spottrader View Post
Seems like most every time the price action Log jams up against my position and eventually breaks the opposite way aggressively no matter the market conditions or contract.

Am I just off?

This was you 3 days ago, but now you are here to share your knowledge?

Bro, c'mon. @josh wrote a great reply and you only "skim" it.

I would bet you also blame everything and everyone but yourself for your trading losses, it seems like you don't do well with accountability. That's a very bad personality trait to have as a trader.

Mike

Spottrader 
springfield, US

xplorer View Post
Right here

It says

Reading comprehension needs some work with maybe.

Spottrader 
springfield, US

Big Mike View Post

Saying it's double standard and nothing new.

I'm assuming you don't actually have links to prove your opinion, so this will be my last post on the subject.

If you do, then use the report feature and I'll be happy to review the post as well as the initial time you reported it, to make certain we act evenhanded and consistently.

Mike

Again, you've done enough. Its people like you that make trading social media a dumpster fire. I've seen it again and again here over the years. It's amazing how many times you personally get involved.

Perfectly good discussions just turn sour when you and your sycophants become dillusional in your own self righteousness.

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Moderator Notice
Moderator Notice

JMAL 
Houston Texas

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader 7
Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage
Trading: ES, MES
Thanks Given: 108
Thanks Received: 155

josh View Post

A nugget in all that negativity, thanks josh!

Follow your Plan
Thanked by:
 shokunin 
Manchester, United Kingdom

Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: Amp Futures, Apex Trader Funding, Earn2Trade, Topstep
Trading: ES
Frequency: Many times daily
Thanks Given: 10
Thanks Received: 185

josh View Post
what would happen if you did the opposite of what you're doing?

"Doing the opposite" is a difficult concept in trading, because often it is about timing and leverage rather than direction.

There is no opposite of 2PM - just a different time.
There is no opposite of 50% position size - just a different size.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on June 18, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts