NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Thread for Good movies recently released to theater, video or otherwise.


Discussion in Off-Topic

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (76 thanks)
    2. looks_two Cloudy with 79 posts (16 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Itchymoku with 57 posts (39 thanks)
    4. looks_4 tturner86 with 22 posts (23 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one tturner86 with 1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Itchymoku with 0.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 0.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Cloudy with 0.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 286,652 views
    2. thumb_up 241 thanks given
    3. group 55 followers
    1. forum 470 posts
    2. attach_file 13 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #381 (permalink)
 Itchymoku 
Philadelphia
 
Experience: None
Platform: corded black telephone
Trading: ticker tape
Posts: 2,892 since Apr 2012
Thanks Given: 1,683
Thanks Received: 3,662

Well since the HLC is powering up to the fastest man's ever smashed particles this summer I thought this may be interesting to some.

At any given point in time this summer the earth could be sucked up into a mini black hole in half a second's time. But I guess then it wouldn't really matter right?


R.I.P. Joseph Bach (Itchymoku), 1987-2018.
Please visit this thread for more information.
Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
EA
Platforms and Indicators
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Want your NinjaTrader indicator created, free?
1 thanks
Running trading strategies on a VPS
1 thanks
  #382 (permalink)
 
furytrader's Avatar
 furytrader 
Lake Forest, IL USA
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: MultiCharts + CTS T4
Broker: Advantage Futures, IQFeed.net
Trading: YM, ES, EU, US, S
Posts: 153 since Jun 2011
Thanks Given: 109
Thanks Received: 151

I came across two good movies on Netflix / Pay Per View:

1. "I Saw The Devil" which is a Korean suspense movie with subtitles. Don't let the subtitles throw you - it's a great movie, in the spirit of 'Silence of the Lambs' and 'Saw'. The villain in this movie is a real piece of work, and the film is definitely not for the squeamish. Currently available through Netflix and Amazon Prime.

2. "It Follows" - an 'independent' horror movie filmed largely in Michigan. The premise is original, and the cinematography is unique. It's not a gory movie, nor a shrill, bloody screamfest but it gets under your skin and leaves you thinking about it for days. It's available on Pay-Per-View or for $5 on Amazon Instant Video.


Reply With Quote
  #383 (permalink)
 
Big Mike's Avatar
 Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader
 R.I.P. 1977-2026 
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Posts: 50,669 since Jun 2009
Thanks Given: 33,669
Thanks Received: 102,592


Had a bit of a movie watching spree lately while I've been real sick plus took some time off for my birthday.

1) Spy. Pretty good, comedy but actually top notch effects and good script I thought.

2) Entourage. I was a fan of the show, and to me this was just a bonus episode. I enjoyed it.

3) Avengers 2 Age of Ultron. Enjoyed it, but definitely not as good as the original Avengers. Still a must watch for fans of the genre.

I plan to watch Citizenfour (Edward Snowden) soon, it's at the top of my list when I am in the mood for something more serious.

Mike




We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on X Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
  #384 (permalink)
 
Big Mike's Avatar
 Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader
 R.I.P. 1977-2026 
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Posts: 50,669 since Jun 2009
Thanks Given: 33,669
Thanks Received: 102,592



The Big Short, looks great!

Mike




We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on X Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
  #385 (permalink)
 Itchymoku 
Philadelphia
 
Experience: None
Platform: corded black telephone
Trading: ticker tape
Posts: 2,892 since Apr 2012
Thanks Given: 1,683
Thanks Received: 3,662


Big Mike View Post


The Big Short, looks great!

Mike

Just like Vince Vaughn, it's going to be very very tough to take Steve Carell seriously. I thought he was going to bust out with a joke every time I saw his face! LOL

He's just a funny funny man


R.I.P. Joseph Bach (Itchymoku), 1987-2018.
Please visit this thread for more information.
Reply With Quote
  #386 (permalink)
 
Big Mike's Avatar
 Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader
 R.I.P. 1977-2026 
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Posts: 50,669 since Jun 2009
Thanks Given: 33,669
Thanks Received: 102,592

Watched Jurassic World last night. It was entertaining but the plot is about like you'd expect. Typical "summer blockbuster" type of movie. Definitely good if you have kids, I suppose...

Mike




We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on X Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
  #387 (permalink)
 Itchymoku 
Philadelphia
 
Experience: None
Platform: corded black telephone
Trading: ticker tape
Posts: 2,892 since Apr 2012
Thanks Given: 1,683
Thanks Received: 3,662

magic mike xxl wasn't bad, good character development.


R.I.P. Joseph Bach (Itchymoku), 1987-2018.
Please visit this thread for more information.
Reply With Quote
  #388 (permalink)
 
Big Mike's Avatar
 Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader
 R.I.P. 1977-2026 
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Posts: 50,669 since Jun 2009
Thanks Given: 33,669
Thanks Received: 102,592

I watched Citizenfour with and about Edward Snowden over the weekend. Fantastic. I wish it was more of a mini-series, it deserved so much more than 2 hours.

Everyone should watch this movie, I have a feeling the majority of people are clueless about the liberties and freedom's they are giving up to the government.

Mike




We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on X Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #389 (permalink)
 
OnceBank54's Avatar
 OnceBank54 
Legendary Market Wizard
 
Posts: 1,925 since Nov 2014
Thanks Given: 3,750
Thanks Received: 3,571

@Big Mike I thoroughly enjoyed Citizenfour too. It was double sweet because I read Greenwald's book just few days prior to that. That's when I got my VPN. Oops. I said it. Hopefully NexusFi (formerly BMT) new version can keep NSA out.

Sent from my Lenovo K50a40 using Tapatalk


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #390 (permalink)
 
Big Mike's Avatar
 Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader
 R.I.P. 1977-2026 
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Posts: 50,669 since Jun 2009
Thanks Given: 33,669
Thanks Received: 102,592


Watching Ender's Game, it's really quite good -- recommended.

Sent from my phone




We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on X Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:




Last Updated on June 28, 2022


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts