NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Psychology of going from Sim to Real money


Discussion in Psychology and Money Management

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one motowater with 8 posts (3 thanks)
    2. looks_two trendwaves with 3 posts (9 thanks)
    3. looks_3 tturner86 with 3 posts (2 thanks)
    4. looks_4 ratfink with 2 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two trendwaves with 3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Yukoner with 3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 motowater with 0.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 11,921 views
    2. thumb_up 35 thanks given
    3. group 14 followers
    1. forum 30 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #31 (permalink)
mikorn83
Gdansk/Poland
 
Posts: 33 since Feb 2014
Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 23

When I started to trade on simulation I've had a set of rules. My SL was 5 ticks. After a losing trade I took a 15 min break to cool off. After 3 losses in a row I took an hour break and then I came back to my PC. When I've made 5 losses that day I just took a day off and didn't trade for the rest of the day. It helped me a lot since I didn't hunt my loss from previous trade to make a profit (usually you just overtrade and lose more than you want). It worked for me and maybe it might to work for some new traders.


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
EA
Platforms and Indicators
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks




Last Updated on April 16, 2014


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts