NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

ApexTraderFunding.com experience and review

Discussion in Funded Trading Evaluation Firms

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one VirtualMark with 114 posts (96 thanks)
    2. looks_two planetkill with 42 posts (36 thanks)
    3. looks_3 jlabtrades with 39 posts (21 thanks)
    4. looks_4 phantomtrader with 36 posts (29 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bobwest with 4.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Howard Roark with 3.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Baudo with 2.7 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 VirtualMark with 0.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 186,187 views
    2. thumb_up 877 thanks given
    3. group 99 followers
    1. forum 588 posts
    2. attach_file 26 attachments

Search this Thread
 VirtualMark 
Birmingham, United Kingdom

tr8d3r View Post
It is not clear to me where the claims are coming from. It would be nice if someone can back the claims with details, like statistics.

This guy runs statistics on the Apex payout.

Based on what I can see, it is very consistent.

So, Can someone indicate or point to the source where information is coming from when someone is saying that many people were decline.

Also clarify by many what is it percentage wise and what was their circumstances on that account.

My analogy would be for this situation is I purchase a new Hyundai car and it broke now, so I will tell everyone around that Hyundai car is a lemon car.

If you are such a confident trader and you are not happy with APEX rules, why would you waste you time and energy with this company, when you can go to other Funding company like Earn2trade, TST or for the matter of fact new company that is a sponsor of Nexusfi.

This is individual and you are taking something public why don't you go full on. Show stats of your trading and ask the question if it is fare or not, and let people judge on the provided facts.

All I am reading in the last posts is " The dogs bark, but the caravan goes on"

I stopped watching the video after a minute when he said "I am affiliated with Apex". You're definitely not going to get an unbiased opinion from someone who makes a living peddling Apex accounts.

I've got my opinion based on what Apex have said in their videos, and what I've seen across the internet, and based on personal experience as I have several friends that trade with them and have seen first hand how they treat their "funding partners" when something goes wrong.

Firstly, look on Trustpilot. Set to 1 and 2 star and sort by most recent. Have a read, it's shocking. The common complaint is payment denial, followed by Apex threatening to sue them if they complain about it in public, blocking them on         and Facebook etc. There's tons of new reviews every single day, they can't all be scammers and liars. Click on Apex's profile on there, look at how many reviews they've had taken down. And look at the positive ones, lots of generic reviews from people with no history.

Secondly, have a look across forums, Youtube etc. Search for Apex payment denied etc. Lots of angry people.

Thirdly, Apex themselves have put out a video series calling people scammers and schemers who have blown through lots of accounts and not taken out many payments. Also they have taken on a lot more staff with the sole purpose of scrutinising your trades, they have added rules such as requiring you to film yourself trading or having live Zoom sessions where they watch you trade.

Fourthly, have a look in their help section, or at their laughable PA contract, they can deny you for almost any reason. I mean literally anything. For example you can't trade the news, but it doesn't say how long after a news release that you have to wait. You can't take advantage of a breakout in the morning open, but it doesn't say how long you have to wait there either. You can't chase the market, but it doesn't explain what this is.

Lastly, Apex replied to this thread and ignored all of my points, so not a good look for them.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
How to keep the condition once the event occured
EasyLanguage Programming
Has anyone taken The Confident Trader course from aheadc …
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Volumetric charts
The Elite Circle
MC Advanced Simulated Trading.
MultiCharts
How to plot a custom icon for crossover
NinjaTrader

tr8d3r 
Sydney+Australia

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader + daytradr
Trading: futures
Thanks Given: 92
Thanks Received: 134

VirtualMark View Post
I stopped watching the video after a minute when he said "I am affiliated with Apex". You're definitely not going to get an unbiased opinion from someone who makes a living peddling Apex accounts.

I've got my opinion based on what Apex have said in their videos, and what I've seen across the internet, and based on personal experience as I have several friends that trade with them and have seen first hand how they treat their "funding partners" when something goes wrong.

Firstly, look on Trustpilot. Set to 1 and 2 star and sort by most recent. Have a read, it's shocking. The common complaint is payment denial, followed by Apex threatening to sue them if they complain about it in public, blocking them on         and Facebook etc. There's tons of new reviews every single day, they can't all be scammers and liars. Click on Apex's profile on there, look at how many reviews they've had taken down. And look at the positive ones, lots of generic reviews from people with no history.

Secondly, have a look across forums, Youtube etc. Search for Apex payment denied etc. Lots of angry people.

Thirdly, Apex themselves have put out a video series calling people scammers and schemers who have blown through lots of accounts and not taken out many payments. Also they have taken on a lot more staff with the sole purpose of scrutinising your trades, they have added rules such as requiring you to film yourself trading or having live Zoom sessions where they watch you trade.

Fourthly, have a look in their help section, or at their laughable PA contract, they can deny you for almost any reason. I mean literally anything. For example you can't trade the news, but it doesn't say how long after a news release that you have to wait. You can't take advantage of a breakout in the morning open, but it doesn't say how long you have to wait there either. You can't chase the market, but it doesn't explain what this is.

Lastly, Apex replied to this thread and ignored all of my points, so not a good look for them.

Thanks for your response all I am seeing here is He says, she says, they said. There are many trolls on the internet who lposts bad comments to the companies as well. Facebook is the biggest scam as well many people have multiple accounts. I worked on social media company and have very good understanding how it is all works.

We talk trading here. Trading is a statistics and probability. People point out to you the link where APEX publishes the payouts stats you can download it and do the work. So according to their stats 2700+ people got paid. I take rough estimate if 10% is complaint it is 270 people. Plenty of my ex girl friends complaint about me. I guess I can't be good for everyone

I am not funded with APEX yet but It would be my preference to get rid of these people who's focus to withdraw funding and then blew up accounts shortly after. I saw plenty of them on youtube as well. They love Averaging out or trading without SL and relying simply on the luck and one day pass.

In my opinion they are doing right thing as any business would do. They should focus on the 20% of the people who's preference is to grow with them. Other 80% who is cheating the system should go and complain and spread the rumours. Most of these people only see's a quick dollar sign.

I am yet to see the trading records of these people who's payment was decline. Once the can is open we are going to see many worms. Strangely enough their system so secret that they are not keen show it and clearly say. Look I follow the rules and APEX screwed me.

Post before already indicated that accounts remains active and all trader need to do is to trade according to the rules for the next 10 days. If trader choose not to do so it His/Her decision and not the company.

In my opinion only insecure people will create the biggest noise because the confident trader will be following the rules and explain his strategy with a proven probability and statistics that Risk management individual will understand and approve it. In my opinion trader who consistently making money doesn't not stress about all these rules because they do the right thing and busy making money.

Learn about Risk and how companies managing it. They create risk matrix for each client and quote differently in Landing in Insurance based on the company risk profiles. And Yes, I support that if you are high risk trader and would like to see a recording of your trading nothing is wrong with it.

So many time it was mentioned in previous posts Rules are rules, if can't comply find a company with different set of rules and be happy trader.

I guess these people not ready to pay $160 dol for evaluation it is easier to take Apex 90% discount and not to stick to the rules and then make noise.

Surly it is APEX's fault and not the trader.

Thanked by:

FXSurf 
Atlanta, GA USA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: AMP
Trading: NQ YM
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 33
Thanks Received: 19

tr8d3r View Post
Thanks for your response all I am seeing here is He says, she says, they said. There are many trolls on the internet who lposts bad comments to the companies as well. Facebook is the biggest scam as well many people have multiple accounts. I worked on social media company and have very good understanding how it is all works.

We talk trading here. Trading is a statistics and probability. People point out to you the link where APEX publishes the payouts stats you can download it and do the work. So according to their stats 2700+ people got paid. I take rough estimate if 10% is complaint it is 270 people. Plenty of my ex girl friends complaint about me. I guess I can't be good for everyone

I am not funded with APEX yet but It would be my preference to get rid of these people who's focus to withdraw funding and then blew up accounts shortly after. I saw plenty of them on youtube as well. They love Averaging out or trading without SL and relying simply on the luck and one day pass.

In my opinion they are doing right thing as any business would do. They should focus on the 20% of the people who's preference is to grow with them. Other 80% who is cheating the system should go and complain and spread the rumours. Most of these people only see's a quick dollar sign.

I am yet to see the trading records of these people who's payment was decline. Once the can is open we are going to see many worms. Strangely enough their system so secret that they are not keen show it and clearly say. Look I follow the rules and APEX screwed me.

Post before already indicated that accounts remains active and all trader need to do is to trade according to the rules for the next 10 days. If trader choose not to do so it His/Her decision and not the company.

In my opinion only insecure people will create the biggest noise because the confident trader will be following the rules and explain his strategy with a proven probability and statistics that Risk management individual will understand and approve it. In my opinion trader who consistently making money doesn't not stress about all these rules because they do the right thing and busy making money.

Learn about Risk and how companies managing it. They create risk matrix for each client and quote differently in Landing in Insurance based on the company risk profiles. And Yes, I support that if you are high risk trader and would like to see a recording of your trading nothing is wrong with it.

So many time it was mentioned in previous posts Rules are rules, if can't comply find a company with different set of rules and be happy trader.

I guess these people not ready to pay $160 dol for evaluation it is easier to take Apex 90% discount and not to stick to the rules and then make noise.

You nailed it. He's more convinced by the 4% negative reviews on TP and ignoring the 90% positive. There's a reason why some never achieve success in trading, they look on what's not possible (in their heads) instead of making it possible.

VirtualMark 

tr8d3r View Post

It would seem that some people aren't here to discuss the pros and cons of Apex, they would rather blindly defend them and not listen to any of the concerns that have been raised. You started by asking questions about this, but now have completely ignored everything I have posted and summed it up to "he said she said", even though Apex themselves are saying these things. So your mind was already made up when you first posted on this topic, that's not intelligent discourse, you're not here to share ideas and learn anything, that's just blindly defending them.

Lets break down your argument:

Quoting 

Yes people are saying things. This is called "evidence". Are you suggesting that the huge influx of unhappy people are all coming from one or two accounts? And that the positive reviews are all from different accounts? If so, that's a rather strange and biased way to view things.

Quoting 

We're talking about Apex here, but thanks for the advice. Yes Apex publish a list of names on their site, it's a fairly easy thing to do. Do you believe everything you read? If that's true, then I feel that I should tell you I've just returned from my trip to the Moon.

The rest of your comment is baseless conjecture, and pure nonsense, not sure what your ex girlfriend has to do with this.

Quoting 

At least we agree on this part. Some people are clearly not interested in a long term partnership, and are milking the system to the best of their ability. But to this I say, don't blame the player, blame the game.

Apex do need to find a way to stop doing business with this type of person, but to me the solution is simple - block them from buying more accounts. We have to ask who is to blame here, if these people buy 100s of accounts and Apex allow them to, who is at fault? All they have done is to go for payouts, which is the goal of any trader, to get paid. Apex took their money hundreds of times.

Quoting 

More baseless conjecture. 20% and 80%? So you're suggesting that 80% of Apex's past clients are scammers and cheaters?

Quoting 

Nor do you see the trading accounts of anyone who claims to be with them for years and be highly successful. Most people don't tend to post their accounts online for the world to see.

Quoting 

It's not that simple. They make you sing an NDA, and if you post negatively about not receiving your money, or complain to support, or post on        , or don't make what you usually do etc, then you lose your account and your money. How are you still missing this?

Quoting 

And in my opinion only very small, easily manipulated people will go online to defend a multi million dollar corporation, rather than side with their fellow traders. Apex have asked for people to fight back against online negativity, I guess you're one of them?

And of course traders will stress about more rules, as it may require them to adjust their system. Unless you're saying that Apex's way is the only way to be profitable? Lol!

Quoting 

What?

Quoting 

This is the place to discuss Apex, but you are suggesting to just not use them and shut up? Again, lol! Think I'll keep discussing them, but again thanks for the advice. I won't be buying an account with them until they clean up their rules and make things clear.

As you say, rules are rules. So please let me know - how many minutes after a news release can I place a trade on an Apex account to know that I'll 100% be guaranteed a payout?

What opportunities can I take that mean my trade will fit in with my other trades? Can I take a runner that's 500% the size of my usual profit target? Will this guarantee a payout or will I be denied?

If I average into a losing trade once, but then exit that first trade before my second one is in profit, but then decide to add a third contract but am only in 2 active contracts as I already exited the second one, does this break the DCA rule?

If I put an order on with 10 contracts and they don't all get filled at once, and some get filled a few seconds later but at a worse price due to slippage, have I broken the DCA rule even though I only placed one order?

Because as you say, rules are rules, so please let me know where I stand on these?

Quoting 

They are offering a product at an extremely competitive price. So yes, lots of people spend money with them. You can currently get $6500 of drawdown for about $100, so why wouldn't you give them a go? Yet all these ambiguous rules creep in once you want to get your payout, which doesn't seem fair to me.

Quoting 

Yes, 100% correct. They choose who they do business with, and can easily block people who they don't want to.

To be honest it comes across that you don't fully understand the situation, or why lots of people are complaining. I had a cursory look at your past posts and saw some rather ill thought out advice that shows you don't understand Apex's rules at all. This is what you posted to someone who passed an Apex evaluation and was moving to a PA account:

Quoting 
Congratulations JMAL. Very good effort.
Please be patient with your funded account and do exactly what you were doing with your evaluation account.
Do not change a thing just stick to it.

This is 100% untrue, as you can do anything you like in your evaluation account. You can whack 25 minis on CPI and just YOLO it and get a PA account. You can DCA 50 times. You can place a trade long or short and just go out to lunch, and come back and it's passed. Literally whatever you like.

It's only when you get to a PA account that you have a 30% consistency rule, a no flipping rule, no DCA rule, consistent sizes rule etc etc. The fact that you believe you can trade a PA how you trade an eval shows me you haven't understood even the fundamentals of trading at Apex.

FXSurf 
Atlanta, GA USA

VirtualMark View Post
It would seem that some people aren't here to discuss the pros and cons of Apex, they would rather blindly defend them and not listen to any of the concerns that have been raised.

Self awareness fail. You're not here to discuss pros and cons, your mind is already settled and unwilling to listen to anyone saying otherwise. Your agenda is clear.

planetkill 
New York City + NY/United States

Thanks Given: 129
Thanks Received: 349

VirtualMark View Post

Which funded futures companies are better now?

FXSurf 
Atlanta, GA USA

VirtualMark View Post

To be honest it comes across that you don't fully understand the situation, or why lots of people are complaining. I had a cursory look at your past posts and saw some rather ill thought out advice that shows you don't understand Apex's rules at all.

Complete lack of self awareness mate. Your past posts also reveal your persistent beating of a dead horse. Like i said before, your agenda is clear.

FXSurf 
Atlanta, GA USA

planetkill View Post

Some will say others that others will move you to a live account once funded. But think about that for a moment. You're better off getting your own private futures account at that point. It makes zero sense to have a live futures account with any of these firms when you can do it yourself.

xplorer 
London UK
Site Moderator

Experience: Beginner
Platform: CQG
Broker: S5
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 15,607
Thanks Received: 15,565

Moderator Notice
Moderator Notice

Thanked by:
 VirtualMark 

planetkill View Post

It's tough to say, there are pros and cons to each of them. The elephant in the room being that any of them who put you on a sim account lose money when they pay you out, so that's my first thought for any that keep you away from a real live account.

Topstep looks good at first, with clearly defined rules. But when you delve deeper into their accounts, you'll see that they set you up to fail. They have a daily loss even on the funded accounts, and that's always there so you can never truly scale the account up. They also have a scaling plan, and don't allow 10 micros for 1 mini, so you are forced to either trade 1-2 micros or 1-2 minis when you start your funded account.

That being said, they only require 5 days of $200 profit for a payout, so that's pretty good compared to the rest.

Tradeday look promising, with the ability to scale your account up and add more contracts as your balance grows. They also seem to actually care about proper trading, as you can't just flip contracts to pass your evaluation. They move you to sim for your first $5000, which isn't great, as you will probably want a payout, and if you take it then you'll move to a live account with only a small balance. But at least your goals and theirs are aligned.

But as said, there's not much point in trading a real live account with any firm, at least something we can agree on. Some will say the firm gives you access to greater margin, which is true. I.e you can trade 10 contracts, whereas to trade 10 NQ with your own account you'd need $10k minimum balance, and would get kicked out of your trades if it went against you.

The point is though, you don't really want to be trading huge contracts with small accounts, as you'll be overleveraging and probably end up blowing it. So might as well take a payout and fund your own account, and then start small.

Last Updated on June 24, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Sitemap - Downloads - Top
no new posts