NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





What psychological shift did you make to become profitable?


Discussion in Psychology and Money Management

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one BrooksElms with 5 posts (2 thanks)
    2. looks_two Itchymoku with 3 posts (7 thanks)
    3. looks_3 FABRICATORX with 3 posts (3 thanks)
    4. looks_4 kevinkdog with 3 posts (33 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one kevinkdog with 11 thanks per post
    2. looks_two deaddog with 11 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 lsubeano with 4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 cogito with 3.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 16,287 views
    2. thumb_up 127 thanks given
    3. group 24 followers
    1. forum 40 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #41 (permalink)
 
deaddog's Avatar
 deaddog 
Prince George BC Canada
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: National Bank Direct
Broker: NBD/BMO/Questrade
Trading: Stocks
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Posts: 1,508 since May 2013
Thanks Given: 275
Thanks Received: 4,803


BrooksElms View Post
What exact process did they use to make their psychological shift?

I changed my definition of a successful trade;

I does not matter if the trade made a profit or a loss; what matters is if I followed my trading plan.

If all my criteria to enter a trade were met and I closed the trade according to my plan then it was a successful trade.

Once I got away from the fear of being wrong , of taking a loss and of missing a move and just concentrated on the process of trading I became profitable.


"The days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days" RW Hubbard
Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
EA
Platforms and Indicators
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks




Last Updated on November 12, 2015


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts