NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

ApexTraderFunding.com experience and review

Discussion in Funded Trading Evaluation Firms

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one VirtualMark with 114 posts (96 thanks)
    2. looks_two planetkill with 42 posts (36 thanks)
    3. looks_3 jlabtrades with 39 posts (21 thanks)
    4. looks_4 phantomtrader with 36 posts (29 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bobwest with 4.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Howard Roark with 3.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Baudo with 2.7 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 VirtualMark with 0.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 177,407 views
    2. thumb_up 874 thanks given
    3. group 99 followers
    1. forum 588 posts
    2. attach_file 26 attachments

Search this Thread
 VirtualMark 
Birmingham, United Kingdom

phantomtrader View Post
Watch this video:

These guys are staying up at night figuring out how to make life as difficult as possible for the trader. A trader's proprietary strategies are none of anyone's business unless they choose to share them. The number of alerts with the Apex Ponzi scheme should be enough for everyone to stay away from them. There are several very good prop firms with no bs rules and that have copy trading.

Yeah, it's like asking a chef for their secret recipe. Not really fair to ask this of traders.

Although I don't think that having someone's strategy necessarily means that I would be as successful as them in using it. A lot of this stuff is discretionary, and if there were absolute rules for entry that had an edge, then we could just code it and get rich.

And surely they have access to everyone's data anyway? If they wanted to, they could trawl through their most successful trader's activity and find out what they're doing. Pretty much anyone you trade through could do that too.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Radarscreen
TradeStation
Has anyone taken The Confident Trader course from aheadc …
Trading Reviews and Vendors
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
How to plot a custom icon for crossover
NinjaTrader
Historical data for Kospi and Nikkei Index
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
ApexTraderFunding.com experience and review
65 thanks
What is Markets Chat (markets.chat) real-time trading ro …
54 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
43 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
21 thanks
1 Minute Man
21 thanks

JMAL 
Houston Texas

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader 7
Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage
Trading: ES, MES
Thanks Given: 108
Thanks Received: 156

In my younger days I bought a small boat, someone said to me, "the best day in your life is when you get a boat, the next best day is when you get rid of it". That's the way I felt after going through 2-Apex PA accounts. It felt so restrictive, I feel it set me back with my trading, I still feel this hesitation on making an entry in my Live NT account. At any rate it was a good experience and it's good to know, worst case scenario, there is Funded Trading.

Follow your Plan
Thanked by:

josh 
Georgia, US
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: SC
Broker: Denali+Rithmic
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Thanks Given: 6,874
Thanks Received: 18,518

VirtualMark View Post
And surely they have access to everyone's data anyway? If they wanted to, they could trawl through their most successful trader's activity and find out what they're doing. Pretty much anyone you trade through could do that too.

Yes, as mentioned before, order flow data is very valuable. However, your trades alone, even your orders, don't reveal the process, which is more valuable. But someone asking for the process? Unacceptable and ridiculous.

Thanked by:
lightsun47
Toronto, Canada

Thanks Given: 495
Thanks Received: 303

Been following this thread for a while now.

But after reading today's comments, what I can tell you is this: I would rather fund my own $1k account, trade micros and go to eminis instead of fooling around and begging to get paid *AFTER* showing/sharing my own strategies and making a video to these people.

This is abhorrent.

People should realise this is all nonsense and stop making these people rich by not opening anymore new accounts.

Thanked by:

FXSurf 
Atlanta, GA USA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: AMP
Trading: NQ YM
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 33
Thanks Received: 19

lightsun47 View Post
Been following this thread for a while now.

But after reading today's comments, what I can tell you is this: I would rather fund my own $1k account, trade micros and go to eminis instead of fooling around and begging to get paid *AFTER* showing/sharing my own strategies and making a video to these people.

This is abhorrent.

People should realise this is all nonsense and stop making these people rich by not opening anymore new accounts.

To be fair, there's a growing market of wannabee influencers who will take on every prop firm under the sun, schlock their affiliate codes, and pimp for youtube/tiktok subs. These aren't serious people nor serious traders.

The previous video posted from a chap with 475 youtube subs and a serial prop fanatic pushing like I mentioned above. Taking on every prop firm under the sun means you're chasing reputation, likes and subs. Makes zero sense if you're actually serious about trading

I've always maintained that these props should be treated as ATM's to fund ones private account. Sure I tried TradeDay and bailed after first payout. Apex, I still have and keep, but my bread and butter will always be my AMP account.

Thanked by:
 VirtualMark 
Birmingham, United Kingdom

FXSurf View Post
Sure I tried TradeDay and bailed after first payout.

I bet they get that a lot. They allow up to $5k on their sim account, after that you have to pay professional data fees. I don't see the point in continuing with them at that point, just take the $5k and add it to your own account and pay non professional fees.

pipandrun 
Cologne, Germany
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 2,176
Thanks Received: 1,224

Apex's problems with Rithmic are slowly becoming unbearable. Instead of solving this problem, it seems that they have decided to hide the problem. In the         chat, a message is immediately deleted if it contains some keywords like "Rithmic, problems" etc. If you score a word to get through R.i.t.h.m.i.c, you get a timeout for 24 hours. What unbelievable conditions there are these days. Trades are not executed or simply execute themselves. If you collect money professionally, you should also offer professional service, Apex. Let's see, if and what the "support" will say.

Waiting, Discipline and Patience Pays!
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 planetkill 
New York City + NY/United States

Thanks Given: 129
Thanks Received: 349

VirtualMark View Post
Yeah, it's like asking a chef for their secret recipe. Not really fair to ask this of traders.

Although I don't think that having someone's strategy necessarily means that I would be as successful as them in using it. A lot of this stuff is discretionary, and if there were absolute rules for entry that had an edge, then we could just code it and get rich.

If the chef was working in a restaurant, are managers and/or owners not allowed to ask the chef for their secret recipe?

Likewise with these funded trader companies, isn't the idea that they are looking for consistently profitable traders in order to copy trades into their own live accounts, or move them to real live accounts like a real prop firm?

If that's the assumption, then it seems fair for a real prop firm to ask their traders what their strategy is.

Thanked by:
 planetkill 
New York City + NY/United States

Thanks Given: 129
Thanks Received: 349

He said he got his payout approved.

Thanked by:

FXSurf 
Atlanta, GA USA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: AMP
Trading: NQ YM
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 33
Thanks Received: 19

planetkill View Post
If the chef was working in a restaurant, are managers and/or owners not allowed to ask the chef for their secret recipe?

Likewise with these funded trader companies, isn't the idea that they are looking for consistently profitable traders in order to copy trades into their own live accounts, or move them to real live accounts like a real prop firm?

If that's the assumption, then it seems fair for a real prop firm to ask their traders what their strategy is.

No kidding, most of these clowns chasing payouts would never get in the door at a traditional brick and mortar prop firm.

Last Updated on June 24, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Sitemap - Downloads - Top
no new posts