NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Vinny E-Mini & Algobox Review TRADE ROOM

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Analytic with 167 posts (244 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 59 posts (256 thanks)
    3. looks_3 goodoboy with 57 posts (24 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 51 posts (168 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Neo1 with 9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bobwest with 4.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 3.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Analytic with 1.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 269,587 views
    2. thumb_up 1,506 thanks given
    3. group 653 followers
    1. forum 642 posts
    2. attach_file 200 attachments

Search this Thread

Granddaddy 
Johnson City, TN

Experience: Master
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Ninja
Trading: Day Trading: ES-NQ-CL-NG
Thanks Given: 14
Thanks Received: 16

Big Mike View Post
Video has been removed looks like. Unless I am remembering incorrectly, Dr Handley was shown to be a "possible" scammer like 10 years ago here on this site. Anyone remember the details? I am going to say possible scammer right now because I cannot recall specifics.

Mike

bobwest View Post
Dean Handley was at one time well-known on this site. I don't recall if he was ever shown to be a scammer (as in, someone known to be ripping people off), but he was definitely a spammer (someone who spammed the site with self-promotional messages.) He was banned and then apparently came back again in many accounts, using the same language and phrasing, and those versions were banned also. I think he sent some followers also with more praise for his products. We spent a little bit of time playing whack-a-mole with them. I assume that what he was selling was about as useful as the stuff these promotional spammers' junk usually is, but I don't remember details of his offerings now and am not inclined to do any research on it. I remember the flavor of it though, which was "get rich quick."

One of the things that Handley did a lot of was publish very negative "reviews" of everyone else who could possibly be a competitor, and plug himself, at least by implication. I recall deleting a lot of fake reviews directed against his competitors. They all sounded the same, and usually mentioned him at some point.

I saw that @Analytic had posted the Handley video and I meant to delete it, but when I came back to it I saw that the video had been taken down by the original poster, for whatever reason. My reason for deletion was simply that Dean Handley is known to not be a reliable source of information and to be a self-promoter. (I don't think @Analytic meant anything wrong with the post, and probably was just publishing more negative comment on Vinny.)

Based on past experience I would expect anything Handley puts out to be a vehicle for his own sales in the end. I don't see a reason to give him a platform for that.

Bob.

Then this is my recollection as well. I knew there was at least one guy that did this. I've seen so much over the years.

I also recall that, it turned out, in addition to finding fault with all of his competitors (mostly through highly dubious methods, IMO) and plugging himself by implication (like you said), the guy also gave a few gushing reviews . . . but those turned out to either be outright bought or paid for through affiliate commissions. I believe they also all turned out to be pretty clear scammers. Of course there was never a disclosure of paid reviews or affiliate income until AFTER things were exposed publicly.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
How to plot a custom icon for crossover
NinjaTrader
Pivot Indicator based on Level2 data
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Forcing plots to disappear/reappear?
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
ApexTraderFunding.com experience and review
93 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
76 thanks
Winning attitudes create winning traders
39 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
32 thanks
Vinny E-Mini & Algobox Review TRADE ROOM
28 thanks

Devil Man 
Fort Lauderdale
Legendary / Stochastic Calculus is not your friend

Experience: None
Platform: Ninjatrader, Python API
Broker: CQG
Trading: S&P, Crude, Gold
Thanks Given: 3,511
Thanks Received: 1,563

Big Mike View Post
Can you provide details on this, and link to anything that describes what you are saying? Who is Ross Cameron?

Mike

@Big Mike..............Ross Cameron is:
https://www.ftc.gov/business-guidance/blog/2022/04/ftc-bids-good-night-deceptive-day-trading-earnings-claims.

Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,336
Thanks Received: 101,948

That should be posted in Markets Chat thread, it is exactly that kind of person/room that goes against every fiber of my being and will not be permitted on MC.

Thanks for sharing it. If there isn't already a Warrior thread maybe you can create one. I'm not on my workstation to check easily.

Join the free Markets Chat beta: Real-time Trading Insights

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 CamTrader96 
Vancouver, BC

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninja
Broker: Ironbeam
Trading: Spoos
Frequency: Many times daily
Duration: Seconds
Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 25

TickTricksta View Post
It's not a competition when only one person agrees to enter. Ross had a small account challenge for himself that Vinny decided to "compete" with.
Ross had no clue whatsoever about it even taking place. So no, there has never been any competition.

This.

Same deal with all the hoo-haw about ICT and the Robbins cup this year. After talking a whole load of $hit, I've seen zero evidence that Vinny even entered the trading contest. It appears he'd rather make a video whining about what a scam the Robbins is, (as an excuse not to enter and have his results scrutinized and auditable) and then decided to have his own little "competition" all by himself with no supervision or way to verify. Other than his "post the occasional favorable day" trick complete with "broker statements", and livestreaming part of the sessions. Also selectively. This and he's acting like he's kicking everyone's ass and the king of the leaderboard.

Kind of like a child shadowboxing with Tyson Fury on the television and claiming he's opened up a can o' whoopass on him, fighting for the heavyweight title of the world. And winning.

So. Much. Win.

It would almost be adorable if we were talking about a 3 year old. But we're not.

Thanked by:

Analytic 
New York NY/United States

Platform: Multicharts, TS, TOS
Trading: Futures, Options, Stocks
Thanks Given: 104
Thanks Received: 304

bobwest View Post
Dean Handley was at one time well-known on this site. I don't recall if he was ever shown to be a scammer (as in, someone known to be ripping people off), but he was definitely a spammer (someone who spammed the site with self-promotional messages.) He was banned and then apparently came back again in many accounts, using the same language and phrasing, and those versions were banned also. I think he sent some followers also with more praise for his products. We spent a little bit of time playing whack-a-mole with them. I assume that what he was selling was about as useful as the stuff these promotional spammers' junk usually is, but I don't remember details of his offerings now and am not inclined to do any research on it. I remember the flavor of it though, which was "get rich quick."

One of the things that Handley did a lot of was publish very negative "reviews" of everyone else who could possibly be a competitor, and plug himself, at least by implication. I recall deleting a lot of fake reviews directed against his competitors. They all sounded the same, and usually mentioned him at some point.

I saw that @Analytic had posted the Handley video and I meant to delete it, but when I came back to it I saw that the video had been taken down by the original poster, for whatever reason. My reason for deletion was simply that Dean Handley is known to not be a reliable source of information and to be a self-promoter. (I don't think @Analytic meant anything wrong with the post, and probably was just publishing more negative comment on Vinny.)

Based on past experience I would expect anything Handley puts out to be a vehicle for his own sales in the end. I don't see a reason to give him a platform for that.

Bob.

Thank you Bob. I also don't recall Dr. Dean ever being flagged as a scammer. His video reviews are very helpful and he exposes a lot of retail trading vendors who are frauds and outright scammers.
His videos have been very helpful in the past. He saved me a ton of money. I also find his techniques for evaluating trading performance very helpful.

The numbers tell the story.

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Analytic View Post
Thank you Bob. I also don't recall Dr. Dean ever being flagged as a scammer. His video reviews are very helpful and he exposes a lot of retail trading vendors who are frauds and outright scammers.

His videos have been very helpful in the past. He saved me a ton of money. I also find his techniques for evaluating trading performance very helpful.

Just to be sure:

Are you Dr Handley or have any association with him whatsoever?

Mike

Thanked by:

Analytic 

Granddaddy View Post
Then this is my recollection as well. I knew there was at least one guy that did this. I've seen so much over the years.

I also recall that, it turned out, in addition to finding fault with all of his competitors (mostly through highly dubious methods, IMO) and plugging himself by implication (like you said), the guy also gave a few gushing reviews . . . but those turned out to either be outright bought or paid for through affiliate commissions. I believe they also all turned out to be pretty clear scammers. Of course there was never a disclosure of paid reviews or affiliate income until AFTER things were exposed publicly.

Thank you. I can say from first hand experience that Dr. Dean has very valuable information on retail trading scams and on how to evaluate trading performance correctly. None of his trading vendor recommendations have been shown to have a long term net negative expectancy although that is certainly possible I just have never seen any proof of it. Regarding "paid reviews or affiliate income" Can you share some actual proof about this? I know in general these things are rampant in the retail trading industry.

Analytic 

Big Mike View Post
Just to be sure:

Are you Dr Handley or have any association with him whatsoever?

Mike

I have no business relationship with Dr. Dean whatsoever. I have never paid him for anything nor have I ever taken any money from him.
I do talk with him once in a while,

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Analytic View Post
I have no business relationship with Dr. Dean whatsoever. I have never paid him for anything nor have I ever taken any money from him.

I do talk with him once in a while,

What exactly and specifically is the full extent of your relationship?

Thanked by:

Analytic 

Big Mike View Post
What exactly and specifically is the full extent of your relationship?

I talk with him from time to time. We share information on trading. We exchange info on social media. We discuss various topics mostly trading related. He showed me some of his excel based trading performance stats (Not 3rd party verified). That's it.

Last Updated on June 19, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts