NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Vinny E-Mini & Algobox Review TRADE ROOM

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Analytic with 168 posts (249 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 59 posts (256 thanks)
    3. looks_3 goodoboy with 58 posts (25 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 51 posts (169 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Neo1 with 9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bobwest with 4.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 3.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Analytic with 1.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 288,671 views
    2. thumb_up 1,514 thanks given
    3. group 652 followers
    1. forum 644 posts
    2. attach_file 200 attachments

Search this Thread
 planetkill 
New York City + NY/United States

Thanks Given: 129
Thanks Received: 349

Analytic View Post
Thank you Bob. I also don't recall Dr. Dean ever being flagged as a scammer. His video reviews are very helpful and he exposes a lot of retail trading vendors who are frauds and outright scammers.
His videos have been very helpful in the past. He saved me a ton of money. I also find his techniques for evaluating trading performance very helpful.

Vinny was also "helpful and exposed retail trading vendors". It's all of their marketing plan.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Brendt Skorupinsky
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Help re translation of ninjascript to EL
NinjaTrader
Volumetric charts
The Elite Circle
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
Elite Trader Funding, Avoid?
Funded Trading Evaluation Firms

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
ApexTraderFunding.com experience and review
46 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
43 thanks
What is Markets Chat (markets.chat) real-time trading ro …
41 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
27 thanks
1 Minute Man
19 thanks
 Charley1 
Petaluma

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninjatrader
Trading: gold
Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 8

Vinny's traders post their results on his        , are all the great results made by straw men, meaning fake traders? He'd be a very busy person if he was posting results for all the "allegedly fake traders" on his        .

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,356
Thanks Received: 101,989

Charley1 View Post
Vinny's traders post their results on his        , are all the great results made by straw men, meaning fake traders? He'd be a very busy person if he was posting results for all the "allegedly fake traders" on his        .

Based on my understanding and recollection, he makes them do that or they risk getting banned from the group.

Maybe someone else can confirm. But I think I read that way back in this saga of a thread.

Join the free Markets Chat beta: Real-time Trading Insights

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Analytic 
New York NY/United States

Platform: Multicharts, TS, TOS
Trading: Futures, Options, Stocks
Thanks Given: 104
Thanks Received: 309

planetkill View Post
Vinny was also "helpful and exposed retail trading vendors". It's all of their marketing plan.

I can summarize the entire trading vendor industry in one sentence:

Any trading vendor who claims to make money from trading one or more strategies and doesn't produce an independent 3rd party verified 2 year trading track record is most likely a fraud.

The numbers tell the story.
Thanked by:

Analytic 

planetkill View Post

Vinny's exposure videos are mostly nonsense. There are much better people exposing trading scams who show the numbers without all the drama. That's what I did with ICT.
I took ICT's trading performance numbers from his 2 months of live trading on TOS and explained why his performance was not very good.

Thanked by:

Analytic 

Big Mike View Post
Based on my understanding and recollection, he makes them do that or they risk getting banned from the group.

Maybe someone else can confirm. But I think I read that way back in this saga of a thread.

Confirmed. When I was in Vinny's         room back in 2019 he would request/demand that all algobox traders to post their daily trading results with price charts in his room "so he can help them"
However I do recall him saying once something like "Just post your winners, I'm not interested in your losses" . Then at other times he did seem ok with people posting their losses
as long at it was not every day and as long as they blamed themselves for their trading losses and not him or Algobox.

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,356
Thanks Received: 101,989

Analytic View Post

Any trading vendor who claims to make money from trading one or more strategies and doesn't produce an independent 3rd party verified 2 year trading track record is most likely a fraud.

How exactly does one get an independent third party to audit the broker statement?

It's not hard to fake or edit PDF files. I'm genuinely wanting an answer because I need to make use of it.

Join the free Markets Chat beta: Real-time Trading Insights

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread

Analytic 

Big Mike View Post
How exactly does one get an independent third party to audit the broker statement?

It's not hard to fake or edit PDF files. I'm genuinely wanting an answer because I need to make use of it.

There are companies that will do it if you trade with them like collective2 (Trader John Netto has a 2 year track record with them, Vinny also has a track record with them) and Robbins Trading (Traders: Andrea Unger, Kevin Davey). Alternatively traders can hire an accountant to do it like John Netto did for 5 years of his trading. His audited results are published in his book "The Global Macro Edge"
Some retail trading brokers like AMP won't allow accountants to audit their broker statements even with customer written and signed consent.

Vinny has a 3rd party verified 1.5 year track record with C2 and a 10 year 2nd party verified track record with Amp Futures.

CamTrader96 
Vancouver, BC

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninja
Broker: Ironbeam
Trading: Spoos
Frequency: Many times daily
Duration: Seconds
Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 26

Analytic View Post

Al Brooks has never produced records like this, and he's the real deal. He's assembled a murderer's row of very successful traders who learned from him and attribute their success to him. Ali Moin Ashfari, Tim Stout, Tim Fairweather, & Rose (from his trading room who I watched kill it for months in a row day after day real-time) as examples.

People I've talked to close to who are very close to Al say he has very few losing days EVER. Al's said himself he hopes to go through an entire calendar year without a single losing day, but hasn't done it yet. He often talks of his "friends" who have a success rate of over 90% scalping. As in, the proverbial friend we all turn to, usually when asking an embarrassing question. "For a friend".

So yes - The majority of people out there are scammers. But not everyone. I only happen to know about Al b/c I've studied under him but I'm sure there are other honorable folks who don't produce the records you think they should, who are legit.

The clearest hallmark IMO is you can see what they're selling and how they position it. In this case it's obvious most Guru's are doing it to support their lifestyle and to get their gamble on in the markets. But some, like Al, are pretty much giving away decades of hard earned knowledge, and making no promises to students beyond a lot of hard work and heartache along the way to profitability.

Thanked by:

Analytic 

CamTrader96 View Post
Al Brooks has never produced records like this, and he's the real deal. He's assembled a murderer's row of very successful traders who learned from him and attribute their success to him. Ali Moin Ashfari, Tim Stout, Tim Fairweather, & Rose (from his trading room who I watched kill it for months in a row day after day real-time) as examples.

People I've talked to close to who are very close to Al say he has very few losing days EVER. Al's said himself he hopes to go through an entire calendar year without a single losing day, but hasn't done it yet. He often talks of his "friends" who have a success rate of over 90% scalping. As in, the proverbial friend we all turn to, usually when asking an embarrassing question. "For a friend".

So yes - The majority of people out there are scammers. But not everyone. I only happen to know about Al b/c I've studied under him but I'm sure there are other honorable folks who don't produce the records you think they should, who are legit.

The clearest hallmark IMO is you can see what they're selling and how they position it. In this case it's obvious most Guru's are doing it to support their lifestyle and to get their gamble on in the markets. But some, like Al, are pretty much giving away decades of hard earned knowledge, and making no promises to students beyond a lot of hard work and heartache along the way to profitability.

How do you know that Al or any of his traders have a long term net positive expectancy? It doesn't matter what anyone says, it's what they can prove. Some vendors may have trading info that you find helpful which is fine of course but we should be careful about saying that certain traders are profitable without having any proof to show. Unfortunately many retail traders will believe 2nd or 3rd hand "here say" which is one of the big differences between retail traders and pro-traders (prop, fund).

Thanked by:

Last Updated on June 24, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Sitemap - Downloads - Top
no new posts