NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Joe's Trading Garage

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one JMAL with 41 posts (73 thanks)
    2. looks_two 1 Minute Man with 9 posts (2 thanks)
    3. looks_3 ThemBones with 4 posts (4 thanks)
    4. looks_4 rumsontrader with 1 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one JMAL with 1.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two ThemBones with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 rumsontrader with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 1 Minute Man with 0.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 4,987 views
    2. thumb_up 80 thanks given
    3. group 5 followers
    1. forum 54 posts
    2. attach_file 131 attachments

Search this Thread
1 Minute Man
Las Vegas

Thanks Given: 153
Thanks Received: 236

JMAL View Post
Date6/11/24

Live Yes SIM

Number of contracts per trade: 1 MES

Goal for the day: Two trades and stop, win or lose, look for multiple reasons to enter trades.

End of day summary: Finished with trading early today, two successful trades.

First trade once again I hesitated on entry. Reason for taken the first trade, M pattern completed with a break of the trend line. Several retracements back to the retracement area. Expecting PA to reach larger M pattern resistance area. +5 ticks

Second trade, similar to 1st trade but with a better entry, after a break of trend line and return to Retracement area, neutral candle at trend line, 3 large empty CS to fill. +8 ticks.

Final thoughts: 2nd trade could have been a large runner had I not taken so much so early. Need to work getting more out of a trade.

Green Day nice!

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Help re translation of ninjascript to EL
NinjaTrader
Volumetric charts
The Elite Circle
Brendt Skorupinsky
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Elite Trader Funding, Avoid?
Funded Trading Evaluation Firms
How to keep the condition once the event occured
EasyLanguage Programming

JMAL 
Houston Texas

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader 7
Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage
Trading: ES, MES
Thanks Given: 108
Thanks Received: 156

Date 6/12/24

Live Yes SIM

Number of contracts per trade 1MES

Goal for the day Several big news events today, continue with 2 trades, work on entering earlier and runners.

End of day summary
Great disappointment with my trading today. Broke my 2-trade rule for starters, then broke my 2-point Stop rule. After the CPI news and the 40-point jump in the market I became bias with the market retracting and recovering the 40 points. I couldn't shake that bias all day, down to my last trade. I cannot understand how this or any market can continue higher with what is going on in this World! Oh well, what did I learn? Nothing is guaranteed, trade what you see, expect the market to continue higher for the foreseeable future.

Overall overlooking the rule infractions, I managed to make a profit of $5 bucks! I made 8 trades, 2 were at breakeven, 1 loss (-24 ticks), 5 winners (+31 ticks) total (+7 ticks)

Thoughts
I stayed with it all day with a couple breaks. Felt like I put a hard day in at the office. I let my bias affect my trading while breaking my rules. I can continue to work hard like this making multiple trades or make a couple smart trades early and enjoy the day, that is once I become profitable with the funds to trade.

Follow your Plan
Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

JMAL 
Houston Texas

Date 6/13/24

Live Yes SIM
Number of contracts per trade 1 MES

Goal for the day No limits, be smart! strive for lower entries, do not take more than 2-point loss on any trade!

End of day summary

Follow your Plan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (73).png
Views:	10
Size:	182.3 KB
ID:	340274  
Thanked by:
1 Minute Man
Las Vegas

Thanks Given: 153
Thanks Received: 236

JMAL View Post
Date 6/13/24

Live Yes SIM

Goal for the day No limits, be smart! strive for lower entries, do not take more than 2-point loss on any trade!

End of day summary

At least you noticed the bias. And eeked out some green without crazy risk! Keep at it

Thanked by:

JMAL 
Houston Texas

Continue from above

Date 6/13/24

Live Yes SIM

Goal for the day

End of day summary Was unable to read the price action early, 5 losses 1 win. Took a couple hours break, returned to make 5 winning trades and on the last trade I let the price action touch an order entry while holding with left mouse and that cost me 3 points. Prior to that I had recovered half of the morning loss.

Going to take a break from journaling, I have been spending too much time at the computer posting and I feel it is affecting my trading.

Follow your Plan
Thanked by:

Last Updated on June 13, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Sitemap - Downloads - Top
no new posts