NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Vinny E-Mini & Algobox Review TRADE ROOM

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Analytic with 167 posts (244 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 59 posts (256 thanks)
    3. looks_3 goodoboy with 57 posts (25 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 51 posts (168 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Neo1 with 9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bobwest with 4.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 3.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Analytic with 1.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 274,101 views
    2. thumb_up 1,507 thanks given
    3. group 652 followers
    1. forum 642 posts
    2. attach_file 200 attachments

Search this Thread
lightsun47
Toronto, Canada

Thanks Given: 494
Thanks Received: 303

Analytic View Post
Algobox Lifetime used to go on sale for $5999 then $4999, now it's selling for $3499 the lowest we have seen in years. It's all about supply and demand dynamics folks! In 6 months I would expect it to be selling at $999.

Pay only $3499 one time for a lifetime of trading losses.

On a side note, how about actually buying this system, let it run in sim and trading the opposite in live accounts?

Wouldn't that make one profitable?

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Radarscreen
TradeStation
Help re translation of ninjascript to EL
NinjaTrader
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
Elite Trader Funding, Avoid?
Trading Reviews and Vendors
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts

Dmonz
Málaga

Thanks Given: 50
Thanks Received: 68

Touchups View Post
I get that. He lost a ton of money in that 10 year span. Since then, especially recently, he appears to be making a ton of money with the system. That is all I am asking. NOT defending him. I have no dog in this fight. It is just an observation from his youtubes lately. I don't care if it is Apex (as he claims), or sim, or charlie brown's account. The system seems to be profitable, as of late anyway. Is it? Or just some freakish run? What am I missing?

You really made me watch a video of him.... And OMG, what a headache. What is with this annoying soundtrack and these click sounds? And what is all that stuff on his screen? I guess that it's all part of his sales tactic. He pictures perfectly the idea that new traders have of trading. Unnecessary piles of complex tools and indicators. Now they think they need that as well and buy his software...

And then the titles. "+$208,100 Morning Coffee." He did not make nowhere near that, as you can see on his screen on the right. He just multiplies it x20 and states that he has 20 apex accounts. But that does not mean anything. Big numbers sell better I assume.

Let's put that aside for a moment. Are you telling me that there really are people who watch his streams? There's absolutely nothing educational about it. And it's even less entertaining.

Let's go to the really bad things.

Maybe this helps to stop people buying into this...

From these few minutes I watched him, he is always adding to his losers, trying to bring his average down, and he moves his stop further away, leading to situations like this (see pictures).

Look at this...

40 contracts against him....

Does his software even do anything other than place weird names and symbols in his charts?

And here is the result of his trading "style". As expected, he blows up:

But you won't find these types of videos on his channel.

Analytic View Post

Pay only $3499 one time for a lifetime of trading losses.

Analytic 
New York NY/United States

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Multicharts, TS, TOS
Trading: Futures, Options, Stocks
Thanks Given: 104
Thanks Received: 304

Touchups View Post
Okay. I have not done a deep dive on the dates. There may in fact be plenty of gaps. Did not think of that. I have watched a couple, scanned the youtube lists, and get sucked in to the volume of them one after another. I realized they are being multiplied by 20 on some of the thumbs. My point was, it APPEARS he is doing what most of us are trying to do. Get 20 PA's, pad them, then size up after a while. It would be nice if he would show the apex account numbers. The part that shows the account successive number (3 digit part). That way you could tell if they are being blown all the time. Everyone would get a good laugh at mine.

Why not follow someone who is actually showing Apex PAs with payouts? I don't think he has a long term track record and would caution against just looking at short term results. He has had very big losses and multiple account blowouts but he is mostly transparent about them from what I have seen. He appears to be much more legit and transparent than Vinny.

The numbers tell the story.
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Analytic 

lightsun47 View Post
On a side note, how about actually buying this system, let it run in sim and trading the opposite in live accounts?

Wouldn't that make one profitable?

No it would not. Algobox has long term negative expectancy not just because the strategy in the long term is all noise but because NT8 is slow and and buggy. The platform crashes and freezes at frequent random intervals causing massive losses from slippage and straight up blow outs.

dnebadze 
cincinnati, OH

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 1

Dmonz View Post
You really made me watch a video of him.... And OMG, what a headache. What is with this annoying soundtrack and these click sounds? And what is all that stuff on his screen? I guess that it's all part of his sales tactic. He pictures perfectly the idea that new traders have of trading. Unnecessary piles of complex tools and indicators. Now they think they need that as well and buy his software...

And then the titles. "+$208,100 Morning Coffee." He did not make nowhere near that, as you can see on his screen on the right. He just multiplies it x20 and states that he has 20 apex accounts. But that does not mean anything. Big numbers sell better I assume.

Let's put that aside for a moment. Are you telling me that there really are people who watch his streams? There's absolutely nothing educational about it. And it's even less entertaining.

Let's go to the really bad things.

Maybe this helps to stop people buying into this...

From these few minutes I watched him, he is always adding to his losers, trying to bring his average down, and he moves his stop further away, leading to situations like this (see pictures).

Look at this...

40 contracts against him....

Does his software even do anything other than place weird names and symbols in his charts?

And here is the result of his trading "style". As expected, he blows up:

But you won't find these types of videos on his channel.

I am watching his YouTube loves every day, he does not have 20 account, he just make fun if he had 20 apex account that would be 200k or so, I am as curries as you are if it is his real money , I do not know but this week alone he did make over 175 k. but most I do not think he made that mich bc of system only ,he aolso trades 30-40 lots.

dnebadze 
cincinnati, OH

Touchups View Post
I get that. He lost a ton of money in that 10 year span. Since then, especially recently, he appears to be making a ton of money with the system. That is all I am asking. NOT defending him. I have no dog in this fight. It is just an observation from his youtubes lately. I don't care if it is Apex (as he claims), or sim, or charlie brown's account. The system seems to be profitable, as of late anyway. Is it? Or just some freakish run? What am I missing?

I do not think it is his system making hi this amount of profit, he reads market differently. looks like it works for him, and I did spoke one of the who. purchased algo box and loves it. I had 2 weeks trial and liked but still debating to buy or not

dnebadze 
cincinnati, OH

Big Mike View Post
Based on my understanding and recollection, he makes them do that or they risk getting banned from the group.

Maybe someone else can confirm. But I think I read that way back in this saga of a thread.

I do not think he banns for not posting results, but he banns for other stupid staff, like DM to other member, or asking someting not algo box related.

dnebadze 
cincinnati, OH

Analytic View Post
Confirmed. When I was in Vinny's discord room back in 2019 he would request/demand that all algobox traders to post their daily trading results with price charts in his room "so he can help them"
However I do recall him saying once something like "Just post your winners, I'm not interested in your losses" . Then at other times he did seem ok with people posting their losses
as long at it was not every day and as long as they blamed themselves for their trading losses and not him or Algobox.

I ssaw a some lossing trade posted lately, I did myself too when I had 2 week trail

dnebadze 
cincinnati, OH

dnebadze View Post
Hi, can you give me some direction what is DCM or you said you made it better would you share yours? thank you

DCM is order flow, and I would like to get it too, but I can't figure out what enigma is

Analytic 

dnebadze View Post
I ssaw a some lossing trade posted lately, I did myself too when I had 2 week trail

There is a rumor going around that Vinny is using a fake account name and pretending to be a non-english speaker by using broken english with a lot of mistakes in spelling and grammar. The point is to hide the fact that he is Vinny and that he is marketing Algobox in this forum in stealth mode. Crazy rumor huh?

Thanked by:

Last Updated on June 19, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts