NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

The PandaWarrior Chronicles

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one PandaWarrior with 945 posts (6,447 thanks)
    2. looks_two tigertrader with 101 posts (1,011 thanks)
    3. looks_3 tderrick with 88 posts (205 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 85 posts (437 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one tigertrader with 10 thanks per post
    2. looks_two PandaWarrior with 6.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 5.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 VinceVirgil with 3.1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 402,243 views
    2. thumb_up 11,064 thanks given
    3. group 162 followers
    1. forum 2,157 posts
    2. attach_file 207 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

The PandaWarrior Chronicles

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

Experience: None
Thanks Given: 6,329
Thanks Received: 13,405

Anyone reading that knows how to set a GOOD blog on blogspot or wordpress out there?

I need help setting up my own blog and I'd like it to at least look good. I don't have the slightest idea about how to really do this. I have another blog I write in occasionally that I used a standard blogspot template and it suffices for that purpose as I dont really intend for lots of people to read it. Its more of a personal diary thing....but my trading blog I wouldn't mind trying to make it more public and therefore would like one that looks nice but also is SUPER easy to use....

If anyone would like to volunteer, that would be awesome...PM me if you are interested.

Thanks....

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication, Leonardo da Vinci

Most people chose unhappiness over uncertainty, Tim Ferris
Started this thread

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart

Silvester17 
Columbus, OH
Market Wizard

Platform: NT 8, TOS
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 5,139
Thanks Received: 11,527

Big Mike View Post
On which timeframe?

Mike

just to show what the same ma (in this case 50 ema) on different timeframes looks like. more than 8 points difference between the shortest (5 min) and the longest (135 min) timeframe.

if you ask me, back to random lines.

tigertrader 
Philly, Pa
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Master
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ES, ZB
Thanks Given: 6,662
Thanks Received: 36,258

Silvester17 View Post
just to show what the same ma (in this case 50 ema) on different timeframes looks like. more than 8 points difference between the shortest (5 min) and the longest (135 min) timeframe.

if you ask me, back to random lines.

“Some traders conceptualize problems differently than other traders.. These traders don’t succeed by accessing better information; they succeed by using the information differently than others.” In other words, “It’s not the uniqueness of the idea that’s the key. It’s the uniqueness of your ability to implement it.

Follow me on Twitter

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninja trader
Thanks Given: 5,258
Thanks Received: 3,120

This reminds me of the choppy range the ym was in , from Aug and sept.The hedge funds were getting roasted...All the breakouts and breakdowns failed.The only support i can give to a breakout theory, is ,each time price goes to the high, the 21 ma and the 89 ma are grinding higher.The Only tradable trend was in Oct into Nov.Taking a long on a breakout, would be like carrying the flag into battle....imo.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CL 03-12 (1440 Min)  1_21_2012daily.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	233.0 KB
ID:	60182  
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

tigertrader 
Philly, Pa
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Master
Trading: ES, ZB
Thanks Given: 6,662
Thanks Received: 36,258

PandaWarrior View Post
For the first time since I began this trading journey, I experienced a few things other successful traders have told me over the years would happen to me.

1. Trading should be boring....and it is. Except when #2 is successfully executed, then its exciting.

2. I've heard traders talk about stalking the trade....like it was some sort of prey to be stalked and killed. Its like sitting in a hunting blind looking to shoot a bull elk and passing the time while assorted other wildlife walk by unharmed. The bars on the chart are just assorted wildlife. Let them pass until the bull elk you are looking for shows up and its within range of your rifle. And then wait until you can make a kill shot with 100% certainty. I felt a bit of that today. An oddly exhilarating feeling. It could become addicting.

3. I've had traders tell me privately that once you "get it" you should be able to take money from the market almost every day if not every day. I am still not entirely sure about the "every" day part but after this week, I think its in the realm of possibility.

4. I finally feel a level of confidence I've never had before.

I can't quantify it, and I have a lot to learn still, BUT I feel different mentally and emotionally today. It feels like something shifted in the space time continuum and I'm not the same person I was last week, month or year.

I'm still a one trick pony. I have one trade in my tool box. But at least I think I know enough when to use that one trade and to just stay away when market structure does not support using my one trick. Over time, I'd like to add another trade or two to my arsenal but for now, I am dancing with the partner I know.

There's an old African proverb that goes like this; “Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve to death. It doesn’t matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you better start running.” In other words, you have to constantly work on improving your trading or it will degrade; there’s no coasting in this game. Markets are constantly changing, and they never change for the better, nor get easier to trade, so you can never waste time or rest on your laurels. Remember, you're only as good as your next trade.

Once you intimately understand market structure, yourself, your abilities, and trust in your risk management there is nothing to fear from trading.

Follow me on Twitter
 loxics 
Calgary, Canada

Platform: Ninja
Trading: Stocks
Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 7

PandaWarrior View Post
For the first time since I began this trading journey, I experienced a few things other successful traders have told me over the years would happen to me.

1. Trading should be boring....and it is. Except when #2 is successfully executed, then its exciting.

2. I've heard traders talk about stalking the trade....like it was some sort of prey to be stalked and killed. Its like sitting in a hunting blind looking to shoot a bull elk and passing the time while assorted other wildlife walk by unharmed. The bars on the chart are just assorted wildlife. Let them pass until the bull elk you are looking for shows up and its within range of your rifle. And then wait until you can make a kill shot with 100% certainty. I felt a bit of that today. An oddly exhilarating feeling. It could become addicting.

3. I've had traders tell me privately that once you "get it" you should be able to take money from the market almost every day if not every day. I am still not entirely sure about the "every" day part but after this week, I think its in the realm of possibility.

4. I finally feel a level of confidence I've never had before.

I can't quantify it, and I have a lot to learn still, BUT I feel different mentally and emotionally today. It feels like something shifted in the space time continuum and I'm not the same person I was last week, month or year.

I'm still a one trick pony. I have one trade in my tool box. But at least I think I know enough when to use that one trade and to just stay away when market structure does not support using my one trick. Over time, I'd like to add another trade or two to my arsenal but for now, I am dancing with the partner I know.

Your journal has been truly inspiring. It's one thing to hear about a successful trader talk about their great frame of mind. It's quite another witnessing someone in the transformation process of becoming a professional.

Thanked by:

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

Got off to a bad start.....had real trouble with PA.....but I reset and managed to scrap 58 ticks together.

Started this thread

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

Platform: ninja trader
Thanks Given: 5,258
Thanks Received: 3,120

PandaWarrior View Post
Got off to a bad start.....had real trouble with PA.....but I reset and managed to scrap 58 ticks together.

[IMG]http://content.screencast.com/users/aztrader9/folders/Jing/media/88432e68-c594-4813-89fe-0632532519dc/2012-01-23_0947.png[/IMG]

nice job, pandawarrior.I shut it down , around 8:30 your time, which is typical for me.The best trades, of the am imo, were just after that.Well done

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

tigertrader View Post
There's an old African proverb that goes like this; “Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve to death. It doesn’t matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you better start running.” In other words, you have to constantly work on improving your trading or it will degrade; there’s no coasting in this game. Markets are constantly changing, and they never change for the better, nor get easier to trade, so you can never waste time or rest on your laurels. Remember, you're only as good as your next trade.

Once you intimately understand market structure, yourself, your abilities, and trust in your risk management there is nothing to fear from trading.

Under these circumstances, nothing would be boring. Perhaps trading should not be boring. Both the lion and the gazelle are running, neither can be bored.

I think for a long time I have been the gazelle. Always running with no real goal in mind. Just escape the lion....now I feel a bit more like the lion. Running but with a strategic purpose. To cut off the gazelles escape routes and to bring him down with as little effort as possible. After all, lions don't much like to run. They'd much rather eat and lay around.

Started this thread
Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

PandaWarrior View Post
Under these circumstances, nothing would be boring. Perhaps trading should not be boring. Both the lion and the gazelle are running, neither can be bored.

I think for a long time I have been the gazelle. Always running with no real goal in mind. Just escape the lion....now I feel a bit more like the lion. Running but with a strategic purpose. To cut off the gazelles escape routes and to bring him down with as little effort as possible. After all, lions don't much like to run. They'd much rather eat and lay around.

I think success is 'boring' if you are not reaching to further heights. When you reach success in your business it 'should be boring' in the sense that it comes easy.

There is a difference in the feelings one gets when they first start clicking live compared to when you click now. In a way, it is 'boring'. But, I think the point is for all of us to keep our passion strong as to think it does not evolve is a falsity.

I come to trading mainly for that reason. I don't want to go through cycles of ups/downs again like what we have seen in RE. I prefer something 'boring' and consistent and without the steep learning curve and I do not see trading having a continued learning curve indifferent than anything else. But of course, I am not the guy pulling in millions per year either.. Or even thousands from trading...

Closed Thread

Last Updated on May 14, 2014

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts