NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

The PandaWarrior Chronicles

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one PandaWarrior with 945 posts (6,447 thanks)
    2. looks_two tigertrader with 101 posts (1,011 thanks)
    3. looks_3 tderrick with 88 posts (205 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 85 posts (437 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one tigertrader with 10 thanks per post
    2. looks_two PandaWarrior with 6.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 5.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 VinceVirgil with 3.1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 401,459 views
    2. thumb_up 11,064 thanks given
    3. group 162 followers
    1. forum 2,157 posts
    2. attach_file 207 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

The PandaWarrior Chronicles

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

I think it may be time to change your system. Maybe a higher time-frame, or new indicator should be in order? what do you think....

(JUST KIDDING!, you are doing great)

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

monpere 
Bala, PA, USA

Broker: Mirus, IB
Trading: SPY, Oil, Euro
Thanks Given: 300
Thanks Received: 3,372

PandaWarrior View Post

Just couldn't get it to day. Then I just gave up......

Another crappy day on the CL, I got just 2 signals all morning, when I generally get around 10. You might want to think about some sort of filtering mechanism to keep you out of unfavorable market environments like this, unless you think you just could not get your personal mojo going today.

Thanked by:

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

Experience: None
Thanks Given: 6,329
Thanks Received: 13,405

bluemele View Post
I think it may be time to change your system. Maybe a higher time-frame, or new indicator should be in order? what do you think....

(JUST KIDDING!, you are doing great)

You have no idea how much I get tempted to do that every time I have a day like today!!!!

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication, Leonardo da Vinci

Most people chose unhappiness over uncertainty, Tim Ferris
Started this thread
Thanked by:

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

monpere View Post
Another crappy day on the CL, I got just 2 signals all morning, when I generally get around 10. You might want to think about some sort of filtering mechanism to keep you out of unfavorable market environments like this, unless you think you just could not get your personal mojo going today.

I have a confession....I have felt like my personal mojo has take a vacation and not invited me along for the trip.

I battled some of the old demons today. The desire to constantly be in the market. I think this comes after a losing streak because I understand that without being in the market, money cannot be made and that if I am not in the market, I will miss the next big thing.....

All bad emotions.

Instead, I need to recognize I have an edge designed to keep me OUT of the market unless there are favorable conditions to be in the market.

In hindsight, I did have signals....enough to make it a decent day or perhaps a scratch day depending on how long I was prepared to sit and wait for the market to make it to my targets.

In real time, my emotions overrode my edge and created out of thin air, fictitious signals I was compelled to trade even though I knew it was against my self interest. It was almost impossible to control today.

In a way, these days are very valuable, they point out weakness and points of interest to work on. On great trading days, its not hard to remain in control. On poor trading days, it can be impossible. The mark of a good trader is not how they trade on great days but how they trade on poor days.

By that standard, I am still a beginner.

Started this thread

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

PandaWarrior View Post
You have no idea how much I get tempted to do that every time I have a day like today!!!!

Indeed I do.... Sad isn't it..

Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

PandaWarrior View Post
I have a confession....I have felt like my personal mojo has take a vacation and not invited me along for the trip.

I battled some of the old demons today. The desire to constantly be in the market. I think this comes after a losing streak because I understand that without being in the market, money cannot be made and that if I am not in the market, I will miss the next big thing.....

All bad emotions.

Instead, I need to recognize I have an edge designed to keep me OUT of the market unless there are favorable conditions to be in the market.

In hindsight, I did have signals....enough to make it a decent day or perhaps a scratch day depending on how long I was prepared to sit and wait for the market to make it to my targets.

In real time, my emotions overrode my edge and created out of thin air, fictitious signals I was compelled to trade even though I knew it was against my self interest. It was almost impossible to control today.

In a way, these days are very valuable, they point out weakness and points of interest to work on. On great trading days, its not hard to remain in control. On poor trading days, it can be impossible. The mark of a good trader is not how they trade on great days but how they trade on poor days.

By that standard, I am still a beginner.

To me, setting expectations of wins every day is most likely unrealistic. Market conditions change and I have noticed a tight ranging on the CL which is not good trading for your system. To me that is just market conditions and you adapting 'on the fly' to those, and you will get better over time.

However, the key is to stay positive and not count your ticks/pips by the day and focus more on the longer term windows of opportunity. I am a very judgmental person on myself as well as others, and I always want to measure my performance from a metric that doesn't matter. Measuring off of a daily makes no sense as if you didn't have losing days you would be the richest person in the world as your confidence would be unstoppable.

Your body can't run a marathon every day and reach the same times. At some point things will snap, pop, ping and you will have some downtime but it is temporary. Losses are inevitable and I am not telling you anything you don't know or already feel.

monpere 
Bala, PA, USA

bluemele View Post
To me, setting expectations of wins every day is most likely unrealistic. Market conditions change and I have noticed a tight ranging on the CL which is not good trading for your system. To me that is just market conditions and you adapting 'on the fly' to those, and you will get better over time.

However, the key is to stay positive and not count your ticks/pips by the day and focus more on the longer term windows of opportunity. I am a very judgmental person on myself as well as others, and I always want to measure my performance from a metric that doesn't matter. Measuring off of a daily makes no sense as if you didn't have losing days you would be the richest person in the world as your confidence would be unstoppable.

Your body can't run a marathon every day and reach the same times. At some point things will snap, pop, ping and you will have some downtime but it is temporary. Losses are inevitable and I am not telling you anything you don't know or already feel.

In terms of expecting to win everyday, I understand what your are saying, but there is a slight nuance. I expect to win everyday I sit at that trading chair. If I trade well in accordance to my plan and market condition, and still have a losing day, that is perfectly acceptable, that is the way it goes sometimes. But, if I have a losing day because I made numerous mistakes, or took unnecessary risk, or went outside of my plan, wrong market condition, or was sick, in a bad mood, wrong mental state, etc. etc., then that should not be acceptable, I need to identify these things and work on them.

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

+26

I quit at +26 and just marked charts from there. It went winner, BE, loser, winner....

Started this thread

monpere 
Bala, PA, USA

PandaWarrior View Post
+26

I quit at +26 and just marked charts from there. It went winner, BE, loser, winner....

I think it's a good idea to quit while you're ahead sometimes for emotional capital. Sometimes I feel it is important to do that after a bad day or string of bad days etc., to regain that emotional capital lost.

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

monpere View Post
I think it's a good idea to quit while you're ahead sometimes for emotional capital. Sometimes I feel it is important to do that after a bad day or string of bad days etc., to regain that emotional capital lost.

That was my exact reason for stopping......

Started this thread

Closed Thread

Last Updated on May 14, 2014

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts