NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Why we shoot deer in the wild

Discussion in Jokes

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Lornz with 5 posts (0 thanks)
    2. looks_two RM99 with 3 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 forrestang with 2 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Small Dogs with 2 posts (1 thanks)
    1. trending_up 1,435 views
    2. thumb_up 4 thanks given
    3. group 5 followers
    1. forum 12 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

Why we shoot deer in the wild

Lornz 
Oslo, Norway

Experience: Advanced
Platform: CQG, Excel
Trading: CL

RM99 View Post
Whenever I encounter an animal rights freak or a vegan or vegetarian, I always tell them the same thing.

If God (or nature...lots of these folks are atheist) didn't want us to eat animals, then he shouldn't have made them so tasty.

The best (and most difficult to understand) argument for harvesting dear is that it prevents the other deer from suffering.

Deer populations will balloon so rapidly and to the point that it literally kills nearly all of them through starvation.

Deer were always naturally meant to be harvested by predators, but when we removed the predators (wild cats, wolves, bears, etc) the natural order is messed up.

There is a difference between eating meat and hunting. You are, of course, right about predators. The whole ecosystem is out of whack....

If one wants to "shoot" an animal, use a camera... For me there is not much difference between shooting a person and a deer, and I prefer to do neither.

I guess my problem with it, is that I don't see the sport. There is no challenge, yet hunters seem to take so much pride in their killings...

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
About a successful futures trader who didnt know anythin …
Psychology and Money Management
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

RM99 
Austin, TX

Platform: TradeStation
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 124
Thanks Received: 704

Lornz View Post
There is a difference between eating meat and hunting. You are, of course, right about predators. The whole ecosystem is out of whack....

If one wants to "shoot" an animal, use a camera... For me there is not much difference between shooting a person and a deer, and I prefer to do neither.

I guess my problem with it, is that I don't see the sport. There is no challenge, yet hunters seem to take so much pride in their killings...

As long as the hunting is done in a humane way, I see little difference between meat bought at the butcher and taken from the wild.

And like I said (and you agreed) that without hunters, the deer would suffer greatly, dying of starvation. Predators also play an important role in keeping the gene pool clean (something humans will finally admit in about a century after our entire global population is inundated with disease, genetic defects and outright recessive, undesirable genes)

People that are sick or disease prone should not be allowed to pass their defective genes on...it's not "natural" but alas, we humans feel we're above nature.

"A dumb man never learns. A smart man learns from his own failure and success. But a wise man learns from the failure and success of others."

Lornz 
Oslo, Norway

Platform: CQG, Excel
Trading: CL

RM99 View Post
As long as the hunting is done in a humane way, I see little difference between meat bought at the butcher and taken from the wild.

And like I said (and you agreed) that without hunters, the deer would suffer greatly, dying of starvation. Predators also play an important role in keeping the gene pool clean (something humans will finally admit in about a century after our entire global population is inundated with disease, genetic defects and outright recessive, undesirable genes)

People that are sick or disease prone should not be allowed to pass their defective genes on...it's not "natural" but alas, we humans feel we're above nature.

I just don't like to take life, but I can if I have to. I don't understand the joy people take in it, that's all. I could understand it if people were hunting each other, as there would be real danger involved. Or if you get an armed intruder in your house and you defend yourself. But sitting at a distance, shooting a harmless animal. I don't see from where the pleasure would come...

Fact is, we are far too many people already. But nature usually has a way of regulating excess...

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Last Updated on July 28, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts