NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

27" Monitors

Discussion in Tech Support

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Lornz with 7 posts (1 thanks)
    2. looks_two liquidcci with 5 posts (5 thanks)
    3. looks_3 ReaM with 4 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 4 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one pengi with 3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two cw30000 with 2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 liquidcci with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 zer0 with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 19,888 views
    2. thumb_up 18 thanks given
    3. group 12 followers
    1. forum 50 posts
    2. attach_file 1 attachments

Search this Thread

27" Monitors

FGBL07 
Oberhausen, Germany

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierracharts
Broker: Interactive Brokers/DTN IQFeed
Trading: Bund Future
Thanks Given: 100
Thanks Received: 311

Delivery is further delayed - till end of October now. Are there problems in the production line or is demand so big?

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities

Lornz 
Oslo, Norway

Platform: CQG, Excel
Trading: CL

FGBL07 View Post
Delivery is further delayed - till end of October now. Are there problems in the production line or is demand so big?

I don't know, but there seems to be a lot of talk about it. I would imagine that there is significant demand for it. Hopefully it will find its way to Europe soon...

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

liquidcci 
Austin, TX

Experience: Master
Platform: ninjatrader, r-trader
Trading: NQ, CL
Thanks Given: 610
Thanks Received: 1,091

Just ordered Dell U2711 27 inch high res. Overkill for trading but I do some design so this should be amazing. At $899 this thing cost almost as much as it cost to build my computer which is insane. But I justify like this. I stare at this at least 8 hrs a day. Only other thing I do more than that is sleep. Moral of the story buy a good bed and a good monitor.

"The day I became a winning trader was the day it became boring. Daily losses no longer bother me and daily wins no longer excited me. Took years of pain and busting a few accounts before finally got my mind right. I survived the darkness within and now just chillax and let my black box do the work."

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,249
Thanks Received: 101,669

liquidcci View Post
Just ordered Dell U2711 27 inch high res. Overkill for trading but I do some design so this should be amazing. At $899 this thing cost almost as much as it cost to build my computer which is insane. But I justify like this. I stare at this at least 8 hrs a day. Only other thing I do more than that is sleep. Moral of the story buy a good bed and a good monitor.

Hmm, yes you could have purchased three U2412 24" monitors for that price....

Mike

Join the free Markets Chat beta: one platform, all the trade rooms!

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Lornz 
Oslo, Norway

Platform: CQG, Excel
Trading: CL

liquidcci View Post

Don't forget a good chair!

I second your decision. I don't understand why more traders don't buy IPS screens, considering how much time we spent in front of the computer. I also much prefer a high resolution 27" over two 24".

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

liquidcci 
Austin, TX

Big Mike View Post
Hmm, yes you could have purchased three U2412 24" monitors for that price....

Mike

Mike I did a 2 and 3 monitor setup at one time but caused me neck problems. I can only do one monitor head on. The extra screen real estate at 27 inches and the 2560 x 1440 resolution is what pulled me up. Big jump in price but the pixel density on the U2711 is much higher which is not needed for trading by any means. But I do some web design and spend alot of time in photoshop so I can "almost" justify the price. When get to design level there is a big difference between U2412 and U2711 which is reflected in the price. At least this is what I tell my wife. The real reason is below.

That being said real reason is I am a hopeless tech junky that looks for ways to spend money on things I don't really need and the 24 inch was just not exciting or wasteful enough. Let's be honest here.

I will report back on how I like the monitor once I get it in case someone else wants to spend way to much on a monitor.

"The day I became a winning trader was the day it became boring. Daily losses no longer bother me and daily wins no longer excited me. Took years of pain and busting a few accounts before finally got my mind right. I survived the darkness within and now just chillax and let my black box do the work."

liquidcci 
Austin, TX

Lornz View Post
Don't forget a good chair!

I second your decision. I don't understand why more traders don't buy IPS screens, considering how much time we spent in front of the computer. I also much prefer a high resolution 27" over two 24".

You got that right on chair. I have a pretty good ergonomic chair. It is a knock off of some of the real expensive chairs and works well for the most part as it has many adjustments. Sitting all day long is killer. I have an adjustable chair, desk and monitor. All have to be right or can cause some serious body pain.

Thanked by:
 ab456 
New Delhi, India

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: SierraChart NinjaTrader,
Trading: ES,Stocks, Futures
Thanks Given: 734
Thanks Received: 111

liquidcci View Post

That being said real reason is I am a hopeless tech junky that looks for ways to spend money on things I don't really need and the 24 inch was just not exciting or wasteful enough. Let's be honest here.

WOW liquidcci, you finally told us the truth.

I also believe that for people like us, whose most of the time goes sitting in front of the system, it does makes a lot of sense to buy the stuff that makes us "Feel Good" and which is "Healthy" for our body. Spending good money on a flexible sitting arrangement and a good display is perfectly justifiable. Good Choice I would say.

Thanked by:

liquidcci 
Austin, TX

Okay got my Dell u2711.

Excellent Hi Res monitor. It is pricey so can be debated if worth it but I am very happy. If you only want to use one monitor as opposed to multiple this has alot of screen real estate. It is not just the 27 inch size but the native resolution of 2560 x 1440 that gives it so much screen real estate.

Build quality excellent, screen sharpness and color reproduction amazing. Note it is non glare. Some people do not like non glare. I would say this monitor has an aggressive non glare coating which bothers some people. At first I did not like it when viewing white backgrounds can give a sparkel effect. But after a few days I don't notice it unless I look for it. Your eyes adjust. I personally do not like glossy screens so perfect for my needs.

Price is high but this is way above your $200 to $300 dollar monitor from build quality, color reproduction, to resolution.

Bottom line glad I got it even with price.

Dell UltraSharp U2711 69cm (27?) Monitor with PremierColor Details

Thanked by:
init77
Switzerland

Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 7

I personally really like NEC Displays, but Samsung are also fine. There are other ones like from Eizo, but they are expensive and more for Desktop Publishing stuff... If you use the displays just for office/trading stuff, you can probably go easily with most displays. I would rather prefer a higher vertical resolution like 2560 * 1600 (usually 30") than the usual 2560 * 1440 of the usual 27" displays... -> the 30" HP seems to be relatively cheap and delivers respectable quality

Last Updated on May 17, 2018

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts