NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Unofficial NinjaTrader 8 wish list thread (NT8)!

Discussion in NinjaTrader

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one NinjaTrader with 96 posts (106 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 81 posts (78 thanks)
    3. looks_3 OpalDragon with 35 posts (12 thanks)
    4. looks_4 NJAMC with 29 posts (19 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Fat Tails with 5.3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two NinjaTrader with 1.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 AdvancedIndicators with 0.9 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 384,439 views
    2. thumb_up 692 thanks given
    3. group 221 followers
    1. forum 1,036 posts
    2. attach_file 63 attachments

Search this Thread

Unofficial NinjaTrader 8 wish list thread (NT8)!

josh 
Georgia, US
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: SC
Broker: Denali+Rithmic
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Thanks Given: 6,784
Thanks Received: 18,257

NT guys, I thought of a great addition possibility for NT8. I think all of us at some point have needed this--I know I sure have many times, and the software I used last had this feature and it was very handy.

So, I draw a few lines on my chart, maybe type a little text, draw a box or two.... chart is still clean, but it sure would be nice to be able to view the clean chart without all the stuff just for a moment. So, put a menu option under the drawing menu that says "Hide Drawing Objects" and it all goes away. Uncheck it, and they all reappear again. What do you think?

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

kalalex 
Up the Ladder, CA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: SC
Broker: Optimus & AMP
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 261
Thanks Received: 151

josh View Post
NT guys, I thought of a great addition possibility for NT8. I think all of us at some point have needed this--I know I sure have many times, and the software I used last had this feature and it was very handy.

So, I draw a few lines on my chart, maybe type a little text, draw a box or two.... chart is still clean, but it sure would be nice to be able to view the clean chart without all the stuff just for a moment. So, put a menu option under the drawing menu that says "Hide Drawing Objects" and it all goes away. Uncheck it, and they all reappear again. What do you think?

Better yet,,,assign a toggle key.

Silver Dragon 
Cincinnati Ohio
Legendary Master Data Manipulator

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TastyWorks / NT
Broker: TastyWorks /NT
Trading: FX, Stocks, Options
Thanks Given: 6,422
Thanks Received: 5,238

The SQLCE NT database is set to a default 128MB. Please make it bigger!! According to MSDN it should set to 256 for a desktop usage. It would also be nice to be able to adjust the size inside the options window.

NT gives you a pop up error window everytime it submits a order and the DB is full. I probably had 500 pop up error windows. Please add code which disables the strategy when this happens.

When the database is maxed out you cannot re-open NT. You get an error when the database is initialized and NT closes. You should consider adding some code which cleans the database of excess rows.

Thanks!
SD

nosce te ipsum

You make your own opportunities in life.
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

gavetso 
lima/peru

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: VISION/Rithmic
Trading: ES/CL/TF/NQ/YM/CG

Add in Super Dom the option to See the P/L in curreny format as Thinkorswim Activetrader Feature
se image below

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,246
Thanks Received: 101,669

Be able to chart everything in Exchange time instead of local time. I've got very used to this over the years with MultiCharts and Sierra Chart, would be nice to see this in NT.

Mike

Join the free Markets Chat beta: one platform, all the trade rooms!

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

djkiwi 
Mercer Island WA

Platform: Ninjatrader/Strategy Desk
Broker: Various
Trading: TF/NQ/ES/Stocks
Thanks Given: 981
Thanks Received: 1,558

I'd like to see improvements in the multibroker license module functionality. Unfortunately it is difficult to facilitate trade across multiple brokers which is its primary objective. For example traders may want to:

1. direct trades to different brokers based on cash available in the account
2 implement complex futures/equities swing trading strategies
3. place trades for tax effective reasons(trading say AAPL in one account and have a core holding in another so they don't get mixed up and long term capital gains stay intact).
4. Commission reasons. Buying say 20,000 Citibank shares the commission cost at interactive brokers is $100 whereas at TD Ameritrade is a fixed negotiated $5. So for high volume low value shares the trader may want to set the default at TD so all trades go through TD. For high value low volume shares like AAPL the default could be IB.

To further the example, if a trader invokes an ATM strategy and wants to buy 500 shares in CLF through TD Ameritrade, 100 AAPL shares through Interactive brokers and buy 2 ES futures contracts through AMP there are no commands available to do this. Ideally you should be able to code something like this in an ATM strategy:

Code

{AtmStrategyCreate(Cbi.OrderAction.BuyOrderType.LimitlineEntryonelineEntryone,TimeInForce.GtcorderId1"CLF"atmStrategyId1e.g Ameritrade1);} 

{
AtmStrategyCreate(Cbi.OrderAction.BuyOrderType.LimitlineEntryonelineEntryone,TimeInForce.GtcorderId1"AAPL"atmStrategyId1e.g  InteractiveBrokers1);}

{
AtmStrategyCreate(Cbi.OrderAction.BuyOrderType.LimitlineEntryonelineEntryone,TimeInForce.GtcorderId1"ES"atmStrategyId1e.gAMP1);} 
Note the last part of the code would specify the broker part where you instruct the strategy to send the order to the correct broker (this is not currently in place).

This workaround is being able to save the ATM strategy in the DOM with the correct broker. So when the trader sets-up the ATM strategy for the CLF he can save the broker as TD Ameritrade. You can do this now but when you shut down and then restart and log into the first account as your data feed, e.g: I use Zenfire/AMP then the Account drop down box in the ATM is populated with the AMP Dorman account not TD Ameritrade. This needs to retain the original account that was saved with the ATM strategy not change to the first connection broker.

Cheers
DJ

Thanked by:

shodson 
OC, California, USA
Quantoholic

Platform: IB/TWS, NinjaTrader, ToS
Broker: IB, ToS, Kinetick
Trading: stocks, options, futures, VIX
Thanks Given: 533
Thanks Received: 3,709

I wish there was a more simplified trading-specific DSL (domain-specific-language) to replace or augment Ninjascript, something simple like EasyLanguage but on the .NET framework, but where you could still get low-level like Ninjascript if you needed to. Something akin to what Scala or Groovy has become for the Java Virtual Machine, but trading-specific. I mean, every time I want to create a new public property/attribute for strategy analyzer or indicator settings it takes 7-8 freaking lines of code. I'm to the point where if I have a trading idea that I want to explore I don't even want to pursue coding it because I'm going to have to do so much typing to get what I want. I've thought of creating a Ninjascript code generator for myself to help generate a lot of this tedious code for me, or an expressive grammar, I guess what would be my own DSL, that would compile into editable Ninjascript. I know NT has the wizard, which is a great start, but evolutionary changes once you unlock the code gets tedious.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 Xeno 
UK

Platform: Ninja
Broker: Mirus/Zen
Trading: Futures - bonds, currencies, index
Thanks Given: 70
Thanks Received: 274

shodson View Post
I wish there was a more simplified trading-specific DSL (domain-specific-language) to replace or augment Ninjascript,

Replace?? What a poor idea. With cut and paste and putting common code in a seperate re-usable file it's fairly quick to develop code. I can see why a smaller language would be useful for some people, but for many automated traders ninjascript is one of the main reasons they use ninja.

Bosch777 
Ireland

Platform: Ninja Trader
Trading: CL GC FDAX
Thanks Given: 89
Thanks Received: 55

NT 8 will be interesting whenever it appears.

Bosch777 
Ireland

Platform: Ninja Trader
Trading: CL GC FDAX
Thanks Given: 89
Thanks Received: 55

It would be very handy if we could d/load a series of days for use on the replay instead of one day at a time/.

Last Updated on December 24, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts