NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Unofficial NinjaTrader 8 wish list thread (NT8)!

Discussion in NinjaTrader

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one NinjaTrader with 96 posts (106 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 81 posts (78 thanks)
    3. looks_3 OpalDragon with 35 posts (12 thanks)
    4. looks_4 AdvancedIndicators with 29 posts (26 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Fat Tails with 5.3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two NinjaTrader with 1.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 AdvancedIndicators with 0.9 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 384,813 views
    2. thumb_up 692 thanks given
    3. group 221 followers
    1. forum 1,036 posts
    2. attach_file 63 attachments

Search this Thread

Unofficial NinjaTrader 8 wish list thread (NT8)!

jsengxx2 
Portugal, Viana do Castelo

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninjatrader
Trading: 6e

vladko View Post

Thanks,

That is exactly what I was looking for.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities

Daytona 
London

Platform: Ninjatrader
Trading: CL
Thanks Given: 70
Thanks Received: 26

I WISH chart objects and texts were saved for up to a year on the historical charts in your layout.

Drawing objects and texts are only saved in Ninja if they have been modified in the last, IIRC, 20 days. Scrolling through historical data and looking at my analysis is vital to my training each day before I start trading, and I often want to go back to a day 6 months ago when I observed a certain type of price action.

jeronymite   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 22

Would love to see highly configurable simulation test-bed capabilities so one could configure and test, in any way one wanted, a large variety of "non-standard" scenarios, particularly for "unusual" orders that might be generated in the real world.

For example, it would be great to be able to set a few parameters to change the behaviour in simulation mode of orders generated in response to NinjaScript order management commands. So, I could configure the simulator to generate not just a variety of "normal" orders, but also all types of aberrant/unusual orders that one might encounter in the real world; for example, rejected orders, partial fills, overfills, etc. Being able to generate such orders on demand would be a great boon to writing a fully robust strategy that can sensibly handle anything the brokers/dealers/market throws back at one.

One could also add capability to generate other "non-standard" conditions; for example, connectivity issues. By making "the unexpected" available on demand, the ability to program robustly becomes far easier.

Looking forward to hearing when NT 8 will be available ... even for beta testing!

Thanked by:

gregid 
Wrocław, Poland

Platform: NinjaTrader, Racket
Trading: Ockham's razor
Thanks Given: 320
Thanks Received: 623

Add one more option to Maximum Bars Look Back:

MaximumBarsLookBack = MaximumBarsLookBack.OneThousandTwentyFour;

Very often I need more than 256 bars but infinity is an overkill.

Thanked by:
 Camdo 
Boston, MA / USA

Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 2,698
Thanks Received: 392

In the Control Center, Account Performance tab, add an option in the "From Date calender" so that a marker can be selected instead of a date. The user marks a previous order where trades are matched. The account performance statistics from date "mark" are forward of the marked order. This will keep trades in proper match that makes sense to the user. It would be even nicer if the mark can be indexed (ie account performance is from 1st ,2nd ,3rd etc marks back) mark[xx].

MoscowOnHudson
USA / Lithuania

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 17

It would be great if NT8 would be available in foreign languages, kind of like CQG Trader has multi-language versions. I speak English fluently thanks to living in London as a EU citizen for several years, but.... choice is always welcome when it comes to choosing the language of your platform's interface. I think it would be good to make NT8 in Japanese, Russian, and Spanish. Would also make it better for NT since they would have less support e-mails from these places and also a way to get new clients with a more user-friendly platform.

MoscowOnHudson
USA / Lithuania

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 17

I recently read someone that NT gets a small routing fee for all trades placed through their platform, even on a free version. For example, I trade with AMP and use CQG and am charged a $0.10/fee for CQG routing. But I read there is an inherent Ninja routing fee included somewhere too, but it doesn't appear on my statement. I will ask my broker. Anyone know anything about this? Or I am wrong?

Pocwave 
Madison, WI

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninjatrader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 89
Thanks Received: 127

I would like to be able to toggle the drawing tools on and off, like in IRT.

Traderji 
Australia

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader, Multicharts
Trading: Spot Forex, Gold, Silver
Thanks Given: 114
Thanks Received: 114

I wish to install and use NT8..

jeronymite   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 22

NT7 supports full lots (one pip), demi-lots (half pip) and mini lots (tenth pip).

I hope NT8 adds micro lots (hundredth pip).

Last Updated on December 24, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts