NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

The Beast Slayer, Lance's NQ Trading Journal

Discussion in Commodities

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one lancelottrader with 843 posts (4,515 thanks)
    2. looks_two redbarntrades with 59 posts (147 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Rrrracer with 28 posts (117 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Okina with 23 posts (41 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one lancelottrader with 5.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Rrrracer with 4.2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 4.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 redbarntrades with 2.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 458,291 views
    2. thumb_up 6,047 thanks given
    3. group 648 followers
    1. forum 1,639 posts
    2. attach_file 251 attachments

Search this Thread

The Beast Slayer, Lance's NQ Trading Journal

Plankton 
Blacksburg, SC

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Thanks Given: 51
Thanks Received: 29

"Perhaps the followers on this thread would like to share some of their own screenshots and trading procedures that have been inspired by Lance???"

Trust me @redbarntrades... you don't want to see a screenshot of my trades. It's way too scary to post here.

But then again Halloween is coming up.

Nah...I don't want to be responsible for scaring someone to death! LOL!!!

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart

redbarntrades
Kalispell=Mt./USA

Thanks Given: 354
Thanks Received: 426

Plankton View Post
"Perhaps the followers on this thread would like to share some of their own screenshots and trading procedures that have been inspired by Lance???"

Trust me @redbarntrades... you don't want to see a screenshot of my trades. It's way too scary to post here.

But then again Halloween is coming up.

Nah...I don't want to be responsible for scaring someone to death! LOL!!!

Ah, come on! I like to see any chart. Yes, even yours!

Other peoples charts are often stimulate thoughts and ideas. Come on, just go for it!

If not, your post was worth a chuckle!

Plankton 
Blacksburg, SC

Let me just say this...

I'm glad you got a chuckle!

Now if there where a thread called "I suck at trading!" I would be posting screenshots in it everyday!

Well... almost everyday. A blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.

Hmmm.... that's a thought. I may start that thread. LOL!

redbarntrades
Kalispell=Mt./USA

Plankton View Post
Let me just say this...

Now if there where a thread called "I suck at trading!" I would be posting screenshots in it everyday!

It's great that you SUCK!!! Really!!! You have to suck before you get good! There is this expectancy that this career can produce great wealth right out of the gate.

Everyone on this site is on a journey. You know what you want, but you don't know what it is til you figure it out.

Here is a video that helps put your/our own trading into perspective. I have gotten many principles from this stock trader which I employ daily. I don't trade like him, but do use many of his concepts. It's 8 min. Hope you enjoy!!!

Thanked by:
redbarntrades
Kalispell=Mt./USA

Plankton View Post
Let me just say this...

Good morning,

20 years ago, I took up riding horses for a diversion from working 6-7 days a week on my job and side job. After a year of trail riding, I got inspired to start team roping. I always wanted to be a cowboy as I grew up watching the Lone Ranger. I went to a roping class. As I was learning to throw the rope, I thought "I'm never gonna get this". It was stinkin hard! Plus you have to throw your rope from a galloping horse and rope his heels or horns. On top of that you had to quickly tie the rope around the saddle horn without getting your fingers caught in the rope and having them ripped off your hand.

But, I just stayed at it. Just kept practicing.

Moral of this story? I just kept at it. Eventually, I got to spend a couple of years playing the cowboy and it was a blast!

Regarding trading, I personally find value in any chart that is posted on this site. It's kind of like window shopping to see if perhaps I might relate to someone else's thinking.

Hope you are enjoying this journey!

Thanked by:
 joe s 
sacramento ca us

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja Trader,Trade Station
Trading: es
Thanks Given: 133
Thanks Received: 105

redbarntrades thanks for the video very interesting and a lot of truth to it I never thought of that perspective

Thanked by:
redbarntrades
Kalispell=Mt./USA

joe s View Post
redbarntrades thanks for the video very interesting and a lot of truth to it I never thought of that perspective

Your are welcome.

I have watched probably a hundred of his videos over the last couple of years (got to have something to do on the weekend when I am wide awake at 3am).

He uses everyday illustrations to get his point across and that's easy for me to understand.

A few of his concepts which he teaches is:

The Color game
Red bar ignored (RBI)
Green bar ignored (GBI)
Bull elephant bars
Bear elephant bars
Narrow space (where the 20ma and 200ma are close together
Wide space (opposite of above)

Just to name a few of the concepts that I like.

Glad to be of a little help!
Cheers!

Thanked by:

Plankton 
Blacksburg, SC

Thanks for the video @redbarntrades. He does make some good points. Because of this video I now know why I have not been successful at trading. Somebody keeps secretly adding more and more rope to my rope so it won't ever snap back. I say STOP IT ! STOP IT RIGHT NOW!!! Whoever you are!

All kidding aside I know for me my back has always been against the wall probably like most traders here. There are so many hurdles you have to jump before you can even see the finish line. It seems as though when you think you have jumped the last hurdle and can see the finish line another hurdle gets put in front of you. I know for me one of my biggest hurdles is time. Working a full time job that doesn't allow me to consistently trade at the same time all the time so when I do get to trade I feel like I have to take that one big trade or over trade and make a bunch of bad trades. Before you know it poof...big losses. That leads me into another hurdle. Discipline. I have none. The problems is I know I don't have discipline and I still can't stop myself from making bad decisions. Add on family obligations with a wife that doesn't like what your doing and thinks you are just blowing money, which sadly she has been right so far, unfortunately. Under capitalization is also a huge hurdle for most of us here including me. Hard to make the big bucks without big bucks it seems.

Wow, I just read what I wrote. Sounds pretty depressing. LOL! Well that just me thinking out loud I guess.

I'll keep trying to become a good cowboy though! Never give up! Right?

redbarntrades
Kalispell=Mt./USA

Plankton View Post
Thanks for the video @redbarntrades. He does make some good points. Because of this video I now know why I have not been successful at trading. Somebody keeps secretly adding more and more rope to my rope so it won't ever snap back. I say STOP IT ! STOP IT RIGHT NOW!!! Whoever you are!

All kidding aside I know for me my back has always been against the wall probably like most traders here. There are so many hurdles you have to jump before you can even see the finish line. It seems as though when you think you have jumped the last hurdle and can see the finish line another hurdle gets put in front of you. I know for me one of my biggest hurdles is time. Working a full time job that doesn't allow me to consistently trade at the same time all the time so when I do get to trade I feel like I have to take that one big trade or over trade and make a bunch of bad trades. Before you know it poof...big losses. That leads me into another hurdle. Discipline. I have none. The problems is I know I don't have discipline and I still can't stop myself from making bad decisions. Add on family obligations with a wife that doesn't like what your doing and thinks you are just blowing money, which sadly she has been right so far, unfortunately. Under capitalization is also a huge hurdle for most of us here including me. Hard to make the big bucks without big bucks it seems.

Wow, I just read what I wrote. Sounds pretty depressing. LOL! Well that just me thinking out loud I guess.

I'll keep trying to become a good cowboy though! Never give up! Right?

I definitely understand!!! It sure is defeating when there is a time issue. You might look at the Asian open. Look back at when price picks up. For us it's right at dinner time, so I usually don't trade it. I do best at the first 1 hour. Sometimes a little longer. So trying to put on a trade at a less optimal time sure can be destructive to the mind and account.

Since I have my 40 years in, am at home all the time. Mrs. Redbarntrades works at trading just like me.

With that said, take the next years to become "at home" with trading. Forget live trading and get to know your craft frontwards and backwards. Then, a time will come when you can devote all the time you want and will be more savvy.

In other words, take the slow boat. As long as you are cash flowing, you can afford to spend a few to many years getting this trade down. Preserve that capital. Store up those bullets until you are reading to go in for the K..L!

Thanks for the response. This is a lifetime endeavor.

(ps. I plan to trade til I drop. Keeps the mind sharp!

Thanked by:

Plankton 
Blacksburg, SC

redbarntrades View Post
I definitely understand!!! It sure is defeating when there is a time issue. You might look at the Asian open. Look back at when price picks up. For us it's right at dinner time, so I usually don't trade it. I do best at the first 1 hour. Sometimes a little longer. So trying to put on a trade at a less optimal time sure can be destructive to the mind and account.

Since I have my 40 years in, am at home all the time. Mrs. Redbarntrades works at trading just like me.

With that said, take the next years to become "at home" with trading. Forget live trading and get to know your craft frontwards and backwards. Then, a time will come when you can devote all the time you want and will be more savvy.

In other words, take the slow boat. As long as you are cash flowing, you can afford to spend a few to many years getting this trade down. Preserve that capital. Store up those bullets until you are reading to go in for the K..L!

Thanks for the response. This is a lifetime endeavor.

(ps. I plan to trade til I drop. Keeps the mind sharp!

Thanks for the advise! I may just have to step back for awhile and regroup.

Last Updated on April 11, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts