NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one GFIs1 with 4,755 posts (11,958 thanks)
    2. looks_two Symple with 89 posts (153 thanks)
    3. looks_3 ratfink with 83 posts (146 thanks)
    4. looks_4 CPRICE76 with 74 posts (30 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one GFIs1 with 2.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two choke35 with 2.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 ratfink with 1.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Symple with 1.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 1,131,199 views
    2. thumb_up 13,694 thanks given
    3. group 261 followers
    1. forum 6,139 posts
    2. attach_file 433 attachments

Search this Thread

GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal

GFIs1 
who cares
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: nobody interested
Broker: none
Trading: forget about it
Thanks Given: 6,196
Thanks Received: 15,617

Weekly results

This week had 4 trades:
Two positive +71 +43 points
One negative -40 points
One neutral 0 points

Weekly total +74 points
Happy weekend!
GFIs1

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

GFIs1 
who cares
Legendary Market Wizard

Jobs reports (USA) 14:30h

"US economy loses a record 20.5 million jobs April

From CNN Business' Anneken Tappe
America lost 20.5 million jobs in April as the coronavirus crisis devasted the country’s labor market, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported on Friday. It was the largest single month of job losses since the BLS began tracking the data in 1939.

The unemployment rate rose to 14.7%, the highest on record since the BLS began its monthly series in 1948."

DAX went up on this incredible data - no way to explain from economical view.
And it was NO exception - watch US indexes at the same time:

But so be it! The final movements will be seen on closing of the day and on starting next week. With so many jobs evaporated - the economy in USA will not have a decent up in the next months. Just to be sure that next month (here May) will present even more unemployed people.

The prediction was 15,5% and 14,7% are official - not far from the previewed data. Congrats!

GFIs1

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 GFIs1 
who cares
Legendary Market Wizard

DAX actual

In afterhours the DAX went up to 10991 (closing 22:00) which means again to the upper line of Kumo.
Despite all bad news to come about production, unemployment and stability there is still too much money around to give a fair value for pricing in the indexes.
Just my opinion - I can not see such development as good when we face the worldwide chaos for now and the next 2 years coming.

OK for the daytrader who cares just to have at least good volume and volatility. But it doesn't help to see a stable economy which is important for the longtime income for every country itself.
Unemployment leads to less consumption, less travel etc.. That leads to less or to none ore even negative tax paying and kills jobs in registration and finally gives a spiral in extremis for a hyperinflation which kills the worth of the connected currency. So prices are going up quickly, no back paying of debts (too expensive) and every stock of funds is melting like snow in the sun.

GFIs1

Thanked by:
 GFIs1 
who cares
Legendary Market Wizard

About incomplete unemployment numbers in USA

"The US government estimates that 7.5 million people are unemployed, which is not included in the official statistics. This means that the actual number of unemployed in the USA in April is likely to be much higher than officially stated.
The Ministry of Labour announced that 8.1 million people were reported as "absent for unspecified reasons" when the figures for April were collected. Normally, however, this figure is only 620,000.

"Our assumption is that these 7.5 million workers should have been reported as 'unemployed due to temporary layoffs'," said an appendix to the official labour market report. Had they been classified as such, the unemployment rate would have been 19.5 percent, it said.

The Ministry of Labour had officially set the rate at 14.7 percent. Outside of agriculture, 20.5 million jobs were cut in April due to the virus pandemic. The figures had nevertheless led to rising prices on the stock market. Analysts had previously expected 22 million new unemployed and a rate of 16 percent."

From German manager magazine today

GFIs1

Thanked by:
 Deetee 
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader / IB /Rithmic
Broker: EdgeClear / InteractiveBrokers / Rithmic
Trading: DAX / (M)NQ / (M)ES
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Hours
Thanks Given: 2,825
Thanks Received: 788

That makes sense. I guess all the manipulation will have consequences at some point...
Thank you for your valuable thread.
Have a good weekend, and, stay safe!!

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 GFIs1 
who cares
Legendary Market Wizard

This was:

since 2012...
Thanks for following - seems to still show some interest

• happy trading
• plus happy reading all the journals and all the good input & feedback in other threads on nexusfi.com
• keep asking
• open your own journal or keep it updated
• stay cool when trading!

GFIs1

GFIs1 
who cares
Legendary Market Wizard

Monday trade

DAX gapped up on Friday after cash closing. Opened higher today with up gap.
Asia are Ø 1,4% up to Friday.
DAX still in Kumo (daily) on the top line.

DAX short 9:30 to 14:00
entry @ 10981
exit @ 10774
result +207 points **

GFIs1

** the gap to cash hours of 6th May 20 had been closed minutes before 14:00 @ 10775.
It is quite possible to see lower prices today - but the rules were a perfect setting for a good winner today - no need to search any longer

Attention to bitcoin holders: tonight will be the 3rd "halving" of the bitcoin. After every 210000 new blocks a next halving is foreseen. This takes around 4 years. The halving has volatility effects before and after this day. Here the price came down on last Friday midnight and gave some traders hard times as they could not close their position with certain brokers.
Halving in crypto currencies is a bit to compare to the futures expiring.

Thanked by:
 bassa 
amsterdam

Experience: Master
Platform: NT
Broker: IB
Trading: stocks
Thanks Given: 57
Thanks Received: 37

GFIs1 View Post
Here the price came down on last Friday midnight and gave some traders hard times as they could not close their position with certain brokers.
Halving in crypto currencies is a bit to compare to the futures expiring.

Hmm sounds familiar..

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Thanked by:
 GFIs1 
who cares
Legendary Market Wizard

Pattern systems - like the one traded here

The followers even the longtimers got some feeling about the rules here that are different for every weekday. Even following just last 12 months - the rules can not be guessed in detail. Instead it is about a cascading rule set which implies a lot of different variables. That makes it even harder to program this "system". I did not change rules a lot. There were several very very rare occasions in the last 9 years of openly trading this system with announcing start and ending time in advance that some constellations came rarely. Such a case was to see last Friday as example.
In fact if the most easy rules are repeating quite often - then some difficult situations can easily be cut out by not taking any trade.
A very special thing about this system is that it is TIME-based and not PRICE-based. Such models are rarely to be found.
If I am asked if this system can be optimized then I just can say no because it went through many years (since 2012) with several problematic quarters and it just worked fine over time!

GFIs1

Thanked by:
 Deetee 
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader / IB /Rithmic
Broker: EdgeClear / InteractiveBrokers / Rithmic
Trading: DAX / (M)NQ / (M)ES
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Hours
Thanks Given: 2,825
Thanks Received: 788

GFIs1 View Post
Pattern systems - like the one traded here

... and it just worked fine over time!

"Fine" is a huge understatement

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Last Updated on April 26, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts