NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

PowerBroker's journal

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one PowerBroker with 113 posts (19 thanks)
    2. looks_two wldman with 8 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 6 posts (2 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Cloudy with 6 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one tigertrader with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two TheWizard with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 0.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 PowerBroker with 0.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 20,392 views
    2. thumb_up 25 thanks given
    3. group 10 followers
    1. forum 149 posts
    2. attach_file 45 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

PowerBroker's journal

PowerBroker 
DetroitMIUSA

Don't feel bad Cloudy. The mistakes I made today with those indi's cost me almost everything I had made in the last 3 weeks. Like 23k. It's totally whack!!!
It's my own damn fault though.. I shoulda freakin known better than to do anything other than what I had been doing that was working for me.

They only do like 3 moves in ZW and I was hoping to be able to see the turns better in there cuz I don't read regular volume very well and wasn't really using it at all.. The I saw how cool these indi's were and I thought maybe they might help me see it better. NOT SO MUCH!!!!

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
About a successful futures trader who didnt know anythin …
Psychology and Money Management
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout

Cloudy 
desert CA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT7, various
Broker: various, TDA
Trading: NQ,ES
Thanks Given: 2,396
Thanks Received: 1,748

Dang. I didn't realize it was like that from looking at your charts. Sorry. I'm sure you'll get back on track. I liked using Cory's volume too for a while, but I realized it was just too much info displayed for me after a while which may or may not really help with entries and exits or I hadn't figured out how to use it correctly. Now I'm just using better volume3 and Big Mike's up/down volume combined. Mainly I just look for "churn" areas near divergences, and for some volume confirmation. I've never figured out how to trade directly off each volume bar.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
 PowerBroker 
DetroitMIUSA

Well That's a wrap!! Today's total loss was $13825. Ahhhh well. Guess I can't take the G5 out of the hanger this weekend..LOL Now it will be a challenge to make it back just using my normal PA only method that is working for me right now. That's the real beauty of the market.. You get to make it back.. RIGHT???

PowerBroker 
DetroitMIUSA

Let me clarify the above here. I am in no way saying today's losses were due to the indicators I was trying. It's a fact that most everyone on this forum has those and perhaps uses/ed them. I am fairly certain I just "don't get it". No big deal. I will try it again tomorrow. I am sure if 2000k people downloaded them someone has made them work. Dunno about trading with them IRM but who knows. I hope for the best and expect 0.

cory 
virginia

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninja
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 877
Thanks Received: 8,090

PowerBroker View Post
I hope that it was just a snafu on my part on those indi's Cloudy.. I have not lost 3 in a row in like months now. I was like WWWTTTTFFFF?

this is like going to xyz seminar and getting pump up about xyz indies. So as soon as you get home you load them all on and they look real good on a stale chart (in case you haven't notice all indies look real good on a stale chart). Keep them on for a couple of days if they do nothing for you, dump them. Part of process is find out what rings your bell, exmp: CCI does nothing for me.

PowerBroker 
DetroitMIUSA

No worries Cory and TY again for getting the link to moi. Giving it another whirl tomorrow. I have a good sim feed so I can try a bunch of charts and time frames to scope them out. If like to make it work for my ZW trades for sure to see the turns in PA.

PowerBroker 
DetroitMIUSA

If I can make 23k on sim using no indi's at all then what is problem with using 1-2 and make them work to your edge and advantage. It's what they are for..

PowerBroker 
DetroitMIUSA

Playing around I found this confluence. Simple but powerful I think. Comment are welcome. I need to be able to see the turn in PA here.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ZW 05-12 (3 Min)  3_21_2012 confluence.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	67312  
 PowerBroker 
DetroitMIUSA

COULD not get it today in ES. Almost though... Charts are down there.

Time for ZW now.
Lets see if I can take out my loss from ES.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ES 06-12 (2000 Tick)  3_22_2012.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	67370  
 PowerBroker 
DetroitMIUSA

Allllllllrighhhhtttttyyyyy then!

Description of today's trading?

The money train hauling 1 million gallons of gasoline goes wildly off the the tracks and crashes into a gasoline tanker. The End!!

Closed Thread

Last Updated on April 9, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts