NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

TT TradingTechnologies

Discussion in Brokers

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one SMCJB with 24 posts (43 thanks)
    2. looks_two torroray with 9 posts (1 thanks)
    3. looks_3 addchild with 6 posts (7 thanks)
    4. looks_4 sakisf with 6 posts (4 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Scalpguy with 3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two SMCJB with 1.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 snax with 1.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 addchild with 1.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 25,083 views
    2. thumb_up 96 thanks given
    3. group 19 followers
    1. forum 88 posts
    2. attach_file 15 attachments

Search this Thread

TT TradingTechnologies

Scalpguy 
Helsinki, Finland

Experience: Advanced
Platform: SC and TWS
Broker: IB and AMP/CQG
Trading: ES, CL
Thanks Given: 17
Thanks Received: 166

Scalpguy View Post
AMP Futures status at 6:38 AM (UTC+0)

"We have disabled CME order routing. No new positions or orders on CME Exchange until full TT testing and confirmation."

24 hours after the status is still "disabled".

It takes nothing to be a Pig
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

Scalpguy 
Helsinki, Finland

Fryer View Post
...What are my chances of getting this resolved and refunded? I just want to hear the truth........I am sick if getting the runaround. NexusFi mobile app

They can track which orders really came in from you and which are caused by the system bug but it will take some time to go through all the executions done last days. TT is a big operator so there will be a lot of executions to check.

It would be nice to know if this a global incident or just related to some brokers only.

Well we don't know is this a hack or a bug but this kind of problems can always escalate quickly into very hazardous events and even kill the companies. Let's hope this is not the case and they are able to solve the situation soon.

EDIT:
These kind of events are very good reminders for us: Use always the full available leverage (not risk) so you can keep as little money as possible under the broker risk. And always trade from the limited liability entities such LLC

Thanked by:
 Fryer 
Lebanon, PA USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: AMP, Denali Data
Trading: ES, Stocks, Options
Thanks Given: 13
Thanks Received: 11

Part of the issue was, I saw open positions, when i was not trading while I was at work, and contacted Amp to flatten them......somehow that opened new positions in the opposite direction. Anyway, it is what it is. I feel like the more I plead my case the worse things get. I have taken big losses, but its hard to accept them when you did not make them. Thanks for your input. I was not on TT by the way, but Sierra with their order routing.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Thanked by:

Scalpguy 
Helsinki, Finland

Fryer View Post
I was not on TT by the way, but Sierra with their order routing

Btw. SC order routing is currently based on TT.

Thanked by:

SMCJB 
Houston TX
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: TT and Stellar
Broker: Advantage Futures
Trading: Primarily Energy but also a little Equities, Fixed Income, Metals and Crypto.
Frequency: Many times daily
Duration: Never
Thanks Given: 4,388
Thanks Received: 10,207

Sorry to hear of your problems @Fryer. This sounds eerily like the Phillips Capital (and hence Ninja Trader/Edgeclear/and others) problem from last week.

I was a little surprised when I heard how decisively one broker shut down TT users and liquidated positions. If this was a common problem with many of their accounts I can see why they did it. Since I haven't currently heard of similar problems at other FCMs I wonder if that broker have their own TT setup and if something went wrong that specifically effected them.

In your case, since you called them, and told them to flatten you, I hope you should be protected. The problems arise when people saw positions they didn't recognize and flattened them themselves.

I understand the FCMs concerns with this. If you think about it, in some ways that's a free option. If you see a position you don't recognize it, document it and then offset it. If it goes in your favor, then it was a trade you put on, if it goes against you it's their fault because they showed your position incorrectly and you have the documentation to prove it!

@Big Mike making sure you saw @Fryer's posts.

Thanked by:

Scalpguy 
Helsinki, Finland

All SierraChart users please read this thread:

https://www.sierrachart.com/SupportBoard.php?ThreadID=60892

For example:

Quoting 
We will make an announcement later today with what we plan to do to avoid this issue in the future. Short answer is we are close to releasing our our own direct CME order routing and we will make a priority to get this finished. We have to put TT behind us as quickly as possible.

and from today:

Quoting 
Ok we just had a conversation with CQG, we are going to go ahead with the CQG FIX connection and replace TT as quickly as possible.

addchild 
Bay Area California

Experience: None
Platform: TT T4
Broker: Phillip Capital
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 926
Thanks Received: 898

SMCJB View Post
Sorry to hear of your problems @Fryer. This sounds eerily like the Phillips Capital (and hence Ninja Trader/Edgeclear/and others) problem from last week.

I was a little surprised when I heard how decisively one broker shut down TT users and liquidated positions. If this was a common problem with many of their accounts I can see why they did it. Since I haven't currently heard of similar problems at other FCMs I wonder if that broker have their own TT setup and if something went wrong that specifically effected them.

In your case, since you called them, and told them to flatten you, I hope you should be protected. The problems arise when people saw positions they didn't recognize and flattened them themselves.

I understand the FCMs concerns with this. If you think about it, in some ways that's a free option. If you see a position you don't recognize it, document it and then offset it. If it goes in your favor, then it was a trade you put on, if it goes against you it's their fault because they showed your position incorrectly and you have the documentation to prove it!

@Big Mike making sure you saw @Fryer's posts.

From the sierrachart thread that @Scalpguy linked it sounded like there was an issue with the auto-liquidation feature, which I doubt most fcm's have enabled.

Thanked by:
Mozart2112
Minoqua Wi USA

Thanks Given: 69
Thanks Received: 86

TT still seems to be having issues even yesterday...

https://status.trade.tt/

looks like it happened to 7 different FCMs and looks to be TT's error.
TT says "issue is impacting a subset of users" so this probably means all the 7 different FCMs on this "subset" TT server environment were affected. Which would explain why it wasn't across all FCMs. Something was wrong with this specific TT server environment.

Thanked by:

SMCJB 
Houston TX
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: TT and Stellar
Broker: Advantage Futures
Trading: Primarily Energy but also a little Equities, Fixed Income, Metals and Crypto.
Frequency: Many times daily
Duration: Never
Thanks Given: 4,388
Thanks Received: 10,207

Believe the issue yesterday was a minor connectivity issue which didn't effect routing. Interestingly I monitor my connection to TT using PingPlotter. I had minor connectivity issues at the time TT indicated there was a problem but PingPlotter showed no issues with the connection. Makes me wonder whether the connectivity issue was between their front end (which I believe is cloud based) and their back end (which I believe is exchange colocated).

I reached out to several people at FCMs and all but one said they had heard of the issues but they had not had any issues themselves. Trying to confirm with the one who had issues, exactly what issues they had.

Mozart2112
Minoqua Wi USA

Thanks Given: 69
Thanks Received: 86

I heard it was FC Stone, AMP, GH Financials and I don't know the other firms...

Last Updated on March 18, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts