NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,966 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 46 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 47 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,250,079 views
    2. thumb_up 12,017 thanks given
    3. group 6,320 followers
    1. forum 10,646 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

EgoRisk 
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NT8, Bookmap
Trading: ES, MES
Thanks Given: 78
Thanks Received: 198

pethof View Post
Sorry not posting messages since 2900 days. This is because i stepped away from trading 9 years ago and now i am back, but donīt know if i start trading again. For the time being i am just looking what have changed since the past. Best luck to all active traders. pethof

I had a similar experience, having had to step away from trading to pursue other professional development type stuff. I tend to think it is natural and healthy to have an experience such as that. Trading is a hard life, and it is difficult to first establish success when your non-trading life is disorderly. I was very young when I got into trading and then had to step away. In the meantime, I think I grew up a little bit. Also, money itself became just slightly less of a concern for me and therefore my approach to trading (after stepping away and coming back to it) was never the same as it was when I was so young. Having grown up a bit and now placing less emphasis (or need) for success, I was able to re-approach trading from a healthier perspective. With the healthier perspective, I had slightly more clarity than before....not that much more, but marginally more. My priorities changed and my goals became more realistic. So, perhaps, I wasn't really seeing trading more clearly..perhaps, instead, I was seeing myself more clearly. Regardless, I'm just saying that I think stepping away at some point becomes healthy, at least when re-introducing yourself to trading brings improved clarity.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart

Troybuddy81 
Monroeville, ohio

Experience: None
Platform: Robinhood
Trading: ETF
Thanks Given: 23
Thanks Received: 7

I am Troy, 36, Ohio. I am new, 2 months trading. I started with 60$. High of 344$ and currently at 312. I trade on Robinhood.

Fortissimofi
San Francisco, CA, USA

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

Hi All,

Excited to be a part of this community. Have already spent a good few hours absorbing some top notch content (Kevin Davey's AMA thread for example).

I've been involved with investing for the better part of a decade. In the last 6 months I've been in hardcore learning mode and this has so far led me to pursuing the systematic trading pathway. I now realize the level of work and commitment that will be involved to get this business to profitability but I'm in it for the long haul.

Next steps: take the lessons from recent times and turn them in to robust live strategies.

Thanks in advance to all who assist on this pathway and I look forward to getting to meet you!

F-mofi

zambo
CERRO MAGGIORE / italy

Thanks Given: 1

Hi everyone,

very glad to be here and join the group! Living in Italy and trading since long time but with few gains...... Hope to improve myself by learning from all fellows here. Using NJ8 and very happy about it! Best trading to all of you!

Troybuddy81 
Monroeville, ohio

zambo View Post
Hi everyone,

very glad to be here and join the group! Living in Italy and trading since long time but with few gains...... Hope to improve myself by learning from all fellows here. Using NJ8 and very happy about it! Best trading to all of you!

I enjoy trading. Any thoughts on it. I mainly trade ETFs

westex
Boca Raton,Fl USA

Thanks Given: 3

Halo everybody,,,Just joined the site,,,I can't specify why, but it feels good !!!!! My exposure to trading futures is OLD and PAINFUL ..so by being a part of your community I know I can change it !!!!!

Troybuddy81 
Monroeville, ohio

Hello. I enjoy trading. Becoming a quick hobby

Sass0g
bari/italy

Thanks Given: 0

Hello everyone. After 4 years of forex I went to futures. I'm using the ninja demo and I find it very beautiful. It is very customizable and it is useful to insert or edit orders on the chart itself.
I hope to learn a lot from the most experienced users also because brokers often do not report all the details of the various accounts. thank you all

NerradC
Perth AUSTRALIA

Thanks Given: 79
Thanks Received: 87

Good day fellow traders
I am new here, just found out this great place on internet. And so happen there is this contest so i decided to kick start my posts soon.

My journal consist of an excel file and a journal on OneNote ( Microsoft).

I uploaded a pdf print out of my excel spreadsheet which contain basic entry and exit information. i also upload pdf print out from OneNote which contain my decision making for each and every signal. I will upload latest copy every now and then after i exit from a position.

I consider myself discretionary in systematic way. I have been using a market profile indicator and trade swing time frame ( combined analysis on 1H and 4H) for more than 2 years now. I use tradestation and trade Live on someone's account, you may consider this someone my very rich uncle.

my past performance is no indication of future performance. I am still in early stage of a trader who is eager to forward run my strategy and fine tune for an edge. (yes i am still struggling, despite some good trades from Wheat lately)

I hope to learn a lot from other traders who sharing their journal & relevant experience here. So please, any comment will be appreciated.

Cheers
DarrenC

Johnytalker
Palmela

Thanks Given: 1

Hello All,

Nice to join the team!

I'm kind of new to trading and my focus will be scalping the emini and maybe swing trade some stocks.

Hope to learn a lot from you guys and when the time comes share some knowledge also.

Regards,
Johny

Last Updated on April 26, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts