NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,966 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 46 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 47 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,251,660 views
    2. thumb_up 12,017 thanks given
    3. group 6,319 followers
    1. forum 10,646 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

CarlatBMTF
Norwich, VT

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

Hi everyone,

I've looked perused your site a fair amount, and it looks like you've got a great community of traders here! I look forward to learning and contributing.

I'm a fairly new trader who made an exciting amount of money at first buying SLW on dips, but then got greedy, used leverage to try to repeat my success, and lost many times what I had originally gained. Didn't blow out my account, but did severe damage. I've learned a lot since then, but, clearly have a lot more to learn, since I'm still losing money in my paper account at IB.

I use Sierra Chart and IB.

I'm a newbie at eminijunkie.com, a trading education service specializing in the ES. I see they made your list of scams. I hope that's wrong, but I am concerned about them. In the chat room the proprietor doesn't show his trading DOM, and I've not been able to understand how his system can yield the results he posts on his daily video recaps.

Good trading!

Carl

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
use extra computer for optimisation
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts

djhade 
naples

Experience: Advanced
Platform: sellaextreme
Trading: stocks
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

Hello everyone I am a professional trader on small caps. I find big mike very interesting to develop techniques for scalping futures greetings

Thanked by:
stanwnd
Wichita

Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 3

Thank you Mike for all you're doing and the opportunity you are giving others to Join.

I'm a retired individual from a local aircraft Company, for a number of years, and have seen my 401k, then my IRA -shrink about 50% with market downside. Have been trading for a number of years with various trading groups, not making much headway. I recognize that a succesfull trader has to limit the losses, that's where emotions get in the way. One bad trade wipes out several successful ones.

Have been trading mostly stocks, ETF, gold & silver. Would like to refine my entries and exits somewhat. May also want to try option trading, when I feel I'm ready.

My account is with Fidelity and I use their Active Trader Pro platform. Gives great options for customizing, but 1 Gig ram barely sufficient.

I look forward to improve my trading skills.

happy trading everyone!

stan :crazy_pilot:

Thanked by:

sinisa 
Melbourne, Australia

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: IG Markets
Trading: EUR?USD,AU/USD
Thanks Given: 10
Thanks Received: 42

Name is Sini, AUS Melbourne, trading options on stocks and indicies (positions) and trading FX Spot (Intraday) for about two years now,
Hallo to everyone....

Markets are logical and
Thanked by:
stanwnd
Wichita

Are you doing well, Sinista. would be interested to know, if there are books, courses, sites you recommend for an option trading beginner.

Thanks,

stan

sinisa 
Melbourne, Australia

Experience: Intermediate
Broker: IG Markets
Trading: EUR?USD,AU/USD
Thanks Given: 10
Thanks Received: 42

I use Integrated Investor and Optionetics Platinum, when originally i did course with Optionetics they where good, those days i believe they suck (Gone very commercial). Though Platinum is my favorite, as with options you need to get you greeks good. As to the books, have a look at their site ( Optionetics - Your Investment Education and Options Trading Resource) George Fontanellis has written couple of trading manuals, and i do have a big respect for him. They are still advertised at the store page. GEt the ISBN and on Amzaon you might be able to get them cheaper.

One of the very good books is :
Buy Options As A Strategic Investment Book by Lawrence G. Mcmillan (9780735202382) at Angus and Robertson with free shipping

You can find it cheaper elsewhere, but this book explains nicely all strategies possible, from basic strategies such as spreads all the way to arbitration positions such as boxes, and provides good examples of risks and what you can expect from the position.

Platinum as software is very good for options analyses, take a free trial and see for your self. (This is optionetics software web based). It is a great tool full of good scanners and very nice whatif analyses. Though these days i tend to use Integrated Investor from HUBB. As it givea me ability to get analysis done on any market.

Hope it helps

Markets are logical and
Thanked by:
 Caveman 
Edmond,Oklahoma,United States

Experience: Beginner
Broker: Mirus Futures/Zen-Fire
Trading: ES, CL
Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 30

Hey everyone. I'm Dave - my friends call me Caveman hence the nickname.

I started trading stocks about 12 years ago but nothing heavy, mostly penny stocks focusing on the biotech industries. I still have a few holdout stocks I'm hoping someday will pay off for me (GNBT) but I know it's a lost cause.

I moved on to Futures trading with E-Minis about a year and a half ago, paper-trading live data for about 6 months before actually clicking my first live trade. During this first 6 months I built what I would consider a semi-predictive indicator using some maths I made up in my head and traded on it for a few months on paper and made a nice profit.

I went live with it on QM and ES, and was profitable. I got so cocky I decided it would be brilliant to work on my indicator while I was in a live trade. Clicked the DOM and in I went for a long trade. I started tweaking the indicator and noticed there was a lot of activity on the chart for some reason. Looked over at the DOM and I'd been closed out of my position by my broker and lost everything. Just so happened I entered my trade in QM about 3 mins before the reserve announcement. Yay for being stupid.

So like probably every single trader in here I've been delt a pretty big blow, but have decided to give it another shot. I have been a member of Big Mikes for almost a year and the community seems to be great. I hope to contribute my experiences both good and bad, and look to learn a lot from all of you.

Thanks for all of your time,
Dave

Lornz 
Oslo, Norway

Experience: Advanced
Platform: CQG, Excel
Trading: CL

stanwnd View Post
Are you doing well, Sinista. would be interested to know, if there are books, courses, sites you recommend for an option trading beginner.

Thanks,

stan

There's a lot of info on the CBOE site:
Options Education | Options Courses & Seminars - CBOE

A couple of good books:
Amazon.com: Option [AUTOLINK]Volatility[/AUTOLINK] & Pricing: Advanced Trading Strategies and Techniques (9781557384867): Sheldon Natenberg: Books

Amazon.com: Options Trading: The Hidden Reality ("Options: Perception and Deception" & "Coulda Woulda Shoulda" revised & expanded, Printed in Color) (9780977869176): Charles M Cottle, Sarah E Cottle: Books

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Tom Joad
Milano

Thanks Given: 29
Thanks Received: 0

Ciao a tutti e grazie a Mike
I'm a trader from Italia ....and my english is very little
I hope is possible understen

stanwnd
Wichita

Thanks Sinista, good leads to follow. I'm hesitant to get into something, without being well versed in it. I like to do repair on cars & appliances and knowing how things work is a necessary requirement. Appreciate your input.

stan

Thanked by:

Last Updated on April 26, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts