NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Mystery Chart

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one hondo69 with 11 posts (6 thanks)
    2. looks_two lolu with 11 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Zoethecus with 6 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 sharky with 6 posts (9 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one sharky with 1.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two hondo69 with 0.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Zoethecus with 0.2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Silvester17 with 0.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 22,321 views
    2. thumb_up 18 thanks given
    3. group 5 followers
    1. forum 45 posts
    2. attach_file 15 attachments

Search this Thread

Mystery Chart

lolu 
Lagos, Nigeria
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader, SierraChart
Trading: Euro Currency & Oil
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Hours
Thanks Given: 1,049
Thanks Received: 1,678

hondo69 View Post
Great work Sharky, this is much better.

I've been playing around with different chart settings and need to narrow it down just to a couple. Until then, still using the 9 range chart. More than anything, having trouble honing in on the proper Period to use, but that will come with time.

On the 6E, I like using this 9 range with two other charts: 2000 volume and 53 tick. The three charts together are a nice combination.

TREND: My 2000 volume chart has two different MA's. The main one is a 26 SMA. I look for three closes below the line for down trend, three above for up trend.

INTERMEDIATE:
9 range chart

SHORT: Here I watch the pivots. In an up trend, both upper and lower pivots should both be moving up. When price violates a lower pivot (during a retrace) it indicates a possible setup. Should price come back up and close above the pivot line I'll go long. Of course, I check my other charts before entering. There are certain times I'll pass on the trade depending upon conditions.

The 9 range often coincides with the pivots on the short term chart so I use it as a guide right now, sort of a Super Pivot indicator.

hondo,

You seem to have the orignal ZiNonLagma and the ZiNonLagMA_v03 on this chart. Yeah, it feels better; I do that too.

Your "SHORT" chart is the 53 tick chart; Right ?

Lolu

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs

emini_Holy_Grail 
Dallas,TX

Platform: NinjaTrader, OpenQuant
Broker: Zaner/Zen Fire
Trading: ES,6E,6B,GC,CL
Thanks Given: 176
Thanks Received: 126

silvester - No, I wasnt talking about more signALS. if look at my chart, there is one short signal in 15min and plenty of yellow for neutral color, and bottom one with ADXVMA has like same 1 short signals, but has very less neutral color bars.

Silvester17 
Columbus, OH
Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: NT 8, TOS
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 5,139
Thanks Received: 11,527

emini_Holy_Grail View Post
silvester - No, I wasnt talking about more signALS. if look at my chart, there is one short signal in 15min and plenty of yellow for neutral color, and bottom one with ADXVMA has like same 1 short signals, but has very less neutral color bars.

now I'm a little confused. but again if you change filter and split tick settings you will have less neutral color bars as well.

Zoethecus 
United States of America

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NT

hondo69 View Post
Great work Sharky, this is much better.

I've been playing around with different chart settings and need to narrow it down just to a couple. Until then, still using the 9 range chart. More than anything, having trouble honing in on the proper Period to use, but that will come with time.

On the 6E, I like using this 9 range with two other charts: 2000 volume and 53 tick. The three charts together are a nice combination.

TREND: My 2000 volume chart has two different MA's. The main one is a 26 SMA. I look for three closes below the line for down trend, three above for up trend.

INTERMEDIATE: 9 range chart

SHORT: Here I watch the pivots. In an up trend, both upper and lower pivots should both be moving up. When price violates a lower pivot (during a retrace) it indicates a possible setup. Should price come back up and close above the pivot line I'll go long. Of course, I check my other charts before entering. There are certain times I'll pass on the trade depending upon conditions.

The 9 range often coincides with the pivots on the short term chart so I use it as a guide right now, sort of a Super Pivot indicator.

What width are you using now on those plots and how has that changed your method when it was 90?

hondo69 
Austin, TX

Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: Currencies
Thanks Given: 57
Thanks Received: 248

Yes, Lolu, the short chart is a 53 tick chart.

Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

hondo69 
Austin, TX

Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: Currencies
Thanks Given: 57
Thanks Received: 248

I bounce back and forth using a line width (hash) of either 90 or 30. When I use 90 my intent is to "blurr" the data to a greater degree. Therefore, I must plan to enter a longer term trade. As I switch back to a 30 line width I have less data "blur" and am able to enter and exit more quickly, often resulting in a shorter term trade.

Which puts me smack dab back in the middle of the trader's paradox. Sometimes short term works better and other times long term works better. How do you pick just one "blurr" setting without compromising your trading rules too much?

Started this thread Reply With Quote

Last Updated on January 11, 2010

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts