NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Labeling GMO's

Discussion in Off-Topic

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Rachel with 156 posts (140 thanks)
    2. looks_two Victory Trader with 18 posts (25 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Zondor with 18 posts (31 thanks)
    4. looks_4 aquarian1 with 13 posts (12 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one JohnS with 1.9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Zondor with 1.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Victory Trader with 1.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Rachel with 0.9 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 49,164 views
    2. thumb_up 262 thanks given
    3. group 16 followers
    1. forum 242 posts
    2. attach_file 21 attachments

Search this Thread

Labeling GMO's

Rachel 
San Diego

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Private
Broker: private
Trading: CL future
Thanks Given: 935
Thanks Received: 1,955

Thought I'd share something positive:
this about chef Rick Bayless growing organic sustainable food and helping local organic farmers with funding.
This is an award winning famous chef and if you live in Chicago, check him out.

Rick's Rooftop - EarthBox - Homegrown Vegetables Without A Garden

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs

Zondor 
Portland Oregon, United States

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninjatrader®
Broker: CQG, Kinetick
Trading: Gameplay Klownbine® Trading of Globex
Thanks Given: 1,246
Thanks Received: 2,731

Monsanto?s BT-Toxins Found to Kill Human Embryo Cells | NationofChange\

Labeling is a lame and insufficient approach. These crops must be banned.

Do you really think that these toxic effects are totally unintended?

If anyone, even me, can find out about this, don't you think Monsanto, and the political elites who enable them, also know about it?

Why exactly is it that Monsanto is so highly politically connected, to the extent that they seem to dictate government policy? What is the hidden agenda here?

Quoting 
New research from Canada show that BT toxins are showing up in pregnant women, and low and behold – they are killing human embryo cells. 2014 is the year of the horse, but we’re not through beating this one to death.

It’s called reproductive toxicology, and just like their suicide seeds, these Bt toxins are starting to kill our own unborn children. This is no exaggeration. Hopefully reading further will compel you to take action. It is time to put Monsanto to rest, bankrupt them, and let the world know their ‘secrets’ near and far.

Bt toxins are prominent in genetically altered crops such as corn, soy, wheat, and others, called Cry1Ab – and they can be lethal. Not only do these cry-toxins target the kidney cells of developing human fetuses, but when Cry1Ab and Cry1Ac are combined with RoundUp, they can delay apoptosis of human cancer cells. What’s worse, glyphosate, the main ingredient in RoundUp, also causes necrosis – i.e. the death of human tissue, and this happens even when the substance is found in much smaller amounts than what is currently being used on our agricultural crops. The stuff is still carcinogenic in the parts per trillion range.

"If we don't loosen up some money, this sucker is going down." -GW Bush, 2008
“Lack of proof that something is true does not prove that it is not true - when you want to believe.” -Humpty Dumpty, 2014
“The greatest shortcoming of the human race is our inability to understand the exponential function.”
Prof. Albert Bartlett
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 GFIs1 
who cares
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: nobody interested
Broker: none
Trading: forget about it
Thanks Given: 6,196
Thanks Received: 15,617

Rachel View Post
Thought I'd share something positive:
this about chef Rick Bayless growing organic sustainable food and helping local organic farmers with funding.
This is an award winning famous chef and if you live in Chicago, check him out.

Rick's Rooftop - EarthBox - Homegrown Vegetables Without A Garden

another proven project is from swiss urban farmers combining vegetable plus fish growing:
"Aquaponics is the combination of aquaculture (fish) and hydroponic cultivation of plants without soil. Aquaculture and hydroponics are both multi-billion dollar industries, but the combination of the two has remained unexplored commercially. Until now. Our technology is the secret sauce that brings together aquaculture and hydroponics into a closed loop aquaponics system, so we can grow food anywhere. And that means food production can move from the fields into the heart of the city."
https://www.urbanfarmers.com/technology/aquaponics

plus a nice intro here: UrbanFarmers AG

GFIs1

Thanked by:

Rachel 
San Diego

Dear Supporters,

Thanks to you, we won!

Iowa Republican Steve King's proposed Amendment to the 2014 Farm Bill had been stripped from the legislation after more than 72,000 of you signed our petition, and more than 12,000 of you made phone calls and blasted Congressional Facebook pages with opposition.

Thanks to you, animal welfare laws, GMO labeling laws, rules preventing dangerous chemicals in our food and harmful pesticides on our crops, and dozens of other important state laws designed to protect humans, animals, and the environment will remain intact.

In the coming days, we will continue to advocate for a strong, comprehensive Farm Bill that protects state's rights to protect their citizens from dangerous corporations and their bought-and-paid-for politicians. Please join us on Facebook to keep updated on future actions: https://www.facebook.com/SafeFoodNow

To victory!

Judson Parker
Executive Director
Campaign for Safe Food

Thanked by:

lrfsdad 
milwaukee,wi, usa

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Mobile TWS & mobile TOS. Dough.com
Broker: IB, TOS, FXCM
Trading: futures and options. looking into forex
Thanks Given: 302
Thanks Received: 161

Even though it's -3 outside, the winter olympics are on and my garden is under a foot of snow, you cant help but think about the upcoming growing season.

My brother sent me this today, I always wondered about what seed companies were selling legit seeds:

SEED COMPANIES OWNED BY MONSANTO | Planet Infowars

Note* Earlier in this thread, I posted that the company I buy some seeds from has a non GMO disclaimer in their catalog (jung's) Jung's is on the list in the above link, so I called them. The company owned by Monsanto is Jung seed genetics, not the one I buy from.

I was going to link to both sites, but I just so happened to see the legal on the monsanto site, so not going to link to it. I do find it odd that the logo's are the same...hmmmmmm

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 zt379 
UK London
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: NT
Thanks Given: 1,590
Thanks Received: 2,002

DNA From Genetically Modified Crops Are Transferred Into Humans Who Eat Them

"In a new study published in the peer reviewed Public Library of Science (PLOS), researchers emphasize that there is sufficient evidence that meal-derived DNA fragments carry complete genes that can enter into the human circulation system through an unknown mechanism. (0)

It’s interesting to ponder if the scientists at these biotech corporations have already identified this method? In one of the blood samples the relative concentration of plant DNA is higher than the human DNA. ...."

Confirmed: DNA From Genetically Modified Crops Are Transferred Into Humans Who Eat Them | Natural Revolution

Thanked by:
 zt379 
UK London
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: NT
Thanks Given: 1,590
Thanks Received: 2,002

"EU likely to authorise new GM crop despite rejection by most member states"

"The European Commission is expected to approve a new strain of genetically modified maize after member states were today unable to reach a decision for or against the move.

The issue was discussed during a tense meeting of European affairs ministers in Brussels today, at which 19 member states voted ‘No' to the authorisation request. Five member states voted ‘Yes' and four abstained.

However, there was no ‘qualified majority' of weighted member state votes, which take into account a country's size, for or against the proposal. Germany, which abstained, has by far the largest number of qualified votes. Under the EU's comitology rules, this will likely force the Commission to authorise the GM crop, DuPont Pioneer 1507.

There was increasing frustration in the room, with several countries, including Hungary and Luxembourg, saying that Germany's abstention was akin to a ‘Yes' vote.

Tonio Borg, the European commissioner for health, asked how he could explain to European citizens that the EU is about to authorise a genetically modified crop despite the opposition of the European Parliament and 19 of the 28 EU member states. Thierry Repentin, France's EU affairs minister, agreed, saying this will damage the EU's credibility ahead of the European elections in May. ...."

EU likely to authorise new GM crop despite rejection by most member states | European Voice

"Despite 19 out of 28 EU member states opposing a genetically modified crop, it was authorized due to the bloc's voting system. Green MEP Bart Staes says the Commission would be ill-advised to go against the majority.

Bart Staes: All opinion polls, such as the Eurobarometer survey, show that the European public is rather reluctant towrad GMO products. This now is the third attempt to authorize a GMO product in a commercial way. First, we had the maize Monsanto 810, and then, a few years ago, we had the potato Amflora from BASF. And now, this Pioneer 1507 maize.

Quite a number of member states - 19 - explicitly said that they don't want this product to be authorized for various reasons. There was some concern about the impact of this Pioneer 1507 maize will have on animals, on biodiversity and on the environment in general. In January, the European Parliament also [passed] a resolution which asked the Commission to withdraw the request for authorization.

You should really take into account that it's a very strange message to the general public to now authorize GMO maize which is clearly not wanted by a majority of member states. The strange thing about it is that the Pioneer request dates to before the Lisbon treaty, so it's according to the old rules, the rules of decision-making before the Lisbon treaty of 2009 - and this means the qualified majority.

If it would have been a request according to the new procedures under the Lisbon treaty, then with the 19 member states we would have had enough votes in the council to block this authorization.

Four EU members including Belgium and Germany abstained from voting. German consumers are largely against GMO crops and Germany had previously opposed the practice. Why did the German government turn?

I do not understand the position of the German government. Indeed, the German public is very much against it. They didn't vote against it, they abstained. But in practice, if you need a qualified majority to counteract something, an abstention is a yes vote. So in fact the German government voted in favor of giving the commission the possibility to authorize this GMO crop.

Britain, for instance, has backed the practice by arguing that Europe risked becoming "the museum of world farming." Can GMO crops help European farmers compete on the global market?

The argument of the UK government is to say we need this technology to be competitive in the world. Or, often, they also say we need this technology to feed the world. It's complete nonsense.

When you start this kind of discussion, you have to start thinking over - what kind of agriculture do you want?..... "

Green MEP Staes: 'GMO clearly not wanted by majority of members' | Europe | DW.DE | 12.02.2014

Thanked by:

Rachel 
San Diego

Hi Everyone,

Just watched this video (Farmed and Dangerous) on hulu and laughed so much.
GOD BLESS Chipotle for bringing this issue (GMO's) to the public with subtly and humor.
If you don't have hulu, the $7.00 is worth it, just to watch this series.

https://www.chipotle.com/en-US/default.aspx?type=default

Thank God there are some Corporations that have some intergrity and concept of the bigger picture.

Wishing you the best,

Rachel

Zondor 

Right now, the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) has opened a comment period on the so called “co-existence” of organic, conventional and genetically engineered crops, but the problem is that misses the point. It calls for “farmer education” to prevent GE contamination rather than the need for USDA to establish-mandatory GE contamination prevention measures. As usual, the agency’s proposal reads like it was written by the biotech industry.

Center for Food Safety | Tell USDA: ?Co-Existence? Isn?t GE Contamination Prevention

“Lack of proof that something is true does not prove that it is not true - when you want to believe.” -Humpty Dumpty, 2014
“The greatest shortcoming of the human race is our inability to understand the exponential function.”
Prof. Albert Bartlett
Thanked by:

Zondor 

If Professor Guy McPherson, PhD, is correct, moving to Ecuador may get you a little bit of time, but not much. He will be doing a West Coast speaking tour and I hope to catch him at the Vancouver, WA Community library on Friday night, February 21.

https://ag.arizona.edu:443/~grm/

Nature Bats Last By Guy R. McPherson

Quoting 
The entire region, formerly abundant with a multitude of edible crops, currently is brimming with a single commodity: #2 corn. It's Roundup-ready, at that, just to throw a bucket of insulting acid into the face of reason. Roundup-resistant weeds are popping up throughout the region as we bring Farmageddon to the heartland and eventually to the world. Most of the corn, which is essentially inedible until it is processed (i.e., pummeled with inordinate quantities of fossil fuels), is watered with the last remaining drops of the Ogallala aquifer, brought to the surface with the same finite fluid used to power our trucks and cars. Verdant fields of ethanol dreams are interrupted occasionally by a field of soybeans; without rotations of legumes, the soil would be so depleted of nitrogen by king corn, it wouldn't support even the great corn desert.

Climate-change summary and update

Quoting 
If you’re too busy to read the evidence presented below, here’s the bottom line: On a planet 4 C hotter than baseline, all we can prepare for is human extinction (from Oliver Tickell’s 2008 synthesis in the Guardian). Tickell is taking a conservative approach, considering humans have not been present at 3.5 C above baseline (i.e., the beginning of the Industrial Revolution, commonly accepted as 1750). According to the World Bank’s 2012 report, “Turn down the heat: why a 4°C warmer world must be avoided” and an informed assessment of “BP Energy Outlook 2030” put together by Barry Saxifrage for the Vancouver Observer, our path leads directly to the 4 C mark. The 19th Conference of the Parties of the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (COP 19), held in November 2013 in Warsaw, Poland, was warned by professor of climatology Mark Maslin: “We are already planning for a 4°C world because that is where we are heading. I do not know of any scientists who do not believe that.”

Of course, it doesn't matter what so called "scientists" believe. The only thing that matters is what the High Priests of the FREE MARKET RELIGION believe. These are the GENIUSES who feel entitled to control our destiny, since they are the heirs to The Divine Right of Kings.

https://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2014/02/i-crashed-a-wall-street-secret-society.html

Prof. Albert Bartlett
Thanked by:

Last Updated on April 3, 2020

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts