NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Labeling GMO's

Discussion in Off-Topic

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Rachel with 156 posts (140 thanks)
    2. looks_two Victory Trader with 18 posts (25 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Zondor with 18 posts (31 thanks)
    4. looks_4 aquarian1 with 13 posts (12 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one JohnS with 1.9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Zondor with 1.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Victory Trader with 1.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Rachel with 0.9 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 49,164 views
    2. thumb_up 262 thanks given
    3. group 16 followers
    1. forum 242 posts
    2. attach_file 21 attachments

Search this Thread

Labeling GMO's

Rachel 
San Diego

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Private
Broker: private
Trading: CL future
Thanks Given: 935
Thanks Received: 1,955

Corporations owning some of the nation's most popular organic brands (Horizon, Silk, Kashi, Cascadian Farms, R.W. Knudsen's, etc.) have joined Monsanto and the biotechnology industry in fighting California citizen initiative, Proposition 37, that will mandate GMO labeling . And if we win in California, companies will then likely be forced to label GMOs nationwide.

sign GMO Labeling Petition

Breaking News: Corporations Stab Organic Consumers in the Back — Familiar Brands Funding Attack and Consumers Right to GMO Labeling | Cornucopia Institute

They also have a poster, which corporations are agaisnt Labeling GMO's etc.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities

Zondor 
Portland Oregon, United States

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninjatrader®
Broker: CQG, Kinetick
Trading: Gameplay Klownbine® Trading of Globex
Thanks Given: 1,246
Thanks Received: 2,731

Whoops, I put this in the wrong place:

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Rachel 
San Diego

Right now Monsanto & friends are spending $1 million dollars a day to defeat Prop 37 for GMO labeling - Join us to Fight Back today!

Dear Rachel,

There are only 10 days left until election day and the fight for GMO labeling needs your help today! On November 6, Californians will make an historic vote on Prop 37 to label genetically modified foods and we need your help to win!

Right now Monsanto, DuPont and giant pesticide companies are bombarding the airways in California with deceptive ads trying to confuse California voters. They're spending $1 million dollars a day to defeat Prop 37 and GMO labeling and we need to fight back now!

Prop 37 has always been a powerful grassroots movement and here at Food Democracy Now! you've helped lead the way. With only 10 days left, we need your help more than ever.

Click here to join our Volunteer phone bank to help us reach more than 1 million Californians before Election Day - November 6th!

Call Swing Voters TODAY!

As you know, Prop 37 is a common sense ballot measure that will require food sold in California to be labeled if it contains genetically engineered ingredients (GMOs). Right now Monsanto is running scared that we're going to win and that's why they're spending $1 million a day to defeat us.

It makes you wonder, what they have to hide?

Across the country, passionate volunteers and supporters are joining together to make sure that Proposition 37 becomes law this November.

This weekend is the perfect time to join the campaign to win GMO labeling! Why not ask a friend to join you to double your impact and make it more fun?

We know calling strangers might seem difficult at first, but we've make it super easy - you sign up for a quick training session and then we have scripts and all the facts you need available for you to inform voters in California.

For decades, companies like Monsanto and Dow have stopped efforts to inform consumers about what they eat. But now, with your help, we can defeat them! It’s time for the U.S. to join 61 other countries that already require labeling, but it won’t happen without your help.

Volunteer to call a California voter today. With your help, we know we can win!

This is our most ambitious grassroots effort to date and we need volunteers like you to help make calls to defeat Monsanto and the junk food giants.

It’s super easy to get involved, just click to volunteer for a phone bank shift and with your help we can make a huge impact on Prop 37!
We’re in the home stretch and we need your help today – 10 days until victory! As goes California, goes the nation.

Call Swing Voters TODAY!

If you can't make calls yourself, please pass this on to your friends and family members who would be interested as well.

Together we know we can overcome the opposition’s dirty money campaign - help put us over the top by making a call for GMO labeling today!

Thanks for participating in food democracy,

Dave, Lisa and the Food Democracy Action! Team

P.S. We're working hard in California to make sure we win in November. As a bootstrap organization, your dollar goes a long way. Please give what you can today!

https://fdn.actionkit.com/go/701?t=13&akid=669.165230.ZnKI-k

zt379 
UK London
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: NT
Thanks Given: 1,590
Thanks Received: 2,002

GMO Foods: Science, PR, and Public Backlash

Thanked by:

Rachel 
San Diego

Today I received in the mail a flyer stating: VOTE NO on Prop 37 and it is endorsed by: Californians Vote Green.

Now, the Green Party endorses voting YES on Prop 37!!!!
Green Party Enthusiastically Supports Prop 37: Label GMOs!

I have sent this info to Jeffrey Smith and the Green Party hoping they can add this to deceptive ads etc. Monsanto is doing. This flyer gives http://californiansvotegreen.com/ as their website.

Another deceptive ad stating a San Francisco Newspaper said vote NO on Prop 37 and quickly afterwards took down that website because it was a lie etc.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Green_Party_2012-10-30_1830.png
Views:	162
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	93518   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vote No on 37 by Green Party 001.JPG
Views:	154
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	93519  
Thanked by:

Victory Trader 
LA, California, USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: CL,ES mainly

The concern over eating genetically-modified foods is growing as more people learn about the harmful effects of genetically-modified organisms (GMOs). Although not readily publicized by the mainstream media, GMOs have been linked to various health complications such as tumors, organ failure, DNA damage, immune system disturbances, and infertility, among others. Simultaneously, GM contamination of conventional and organic foods is increasing.

GMO Pharmacy: The Pervasiveness of GMOs in Medicines and Supplements - Waking Times : Waking Times

Rachel 
San Diego

Dr. Sherry Franklin MD Pediatric Charlatan Endocrinologist Monsanto Pesticide Shill Yes Prop 37 GMO Pesticide Biotech Shill Henry Miller DDT Tobacco Shill Ted Sheely Charlatan GMO Terminator Seed Shill

Rachel 
San Diego

GMO Ticking Time Bomb - Part 1 - YouTube

GMO Ticking Time Bomb - Part 2 - YouTube

GMO Ticking Time Bomb - Part 3 - YouTube

Please share these video's with your email list, if you feel so inspired.

Victory Trader 
LA, California, USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: CL,ES mainly

The concern over eating genetically-modified foods is growing as more people learn about the harmful effects of genetically-modified organisms (GMOs). Although not readily publicized by the mainstream media, GMOs have been linked to various health complications such as tumors, organ failure, DNA damage, immune system disturbances, and infertility, among others. Simultaneously, GM contamination of conventional and organic foods is increasing.

The toxic hand of GMOs does not stop in our food supply. GMOs are used in various prescription medications and vaccines, and GMOs in vitamins and supplements is also common. There are numerous examples.

GMO Pharmacy: The Pervasiveness of GMOs in Medicines and Supplements - Waking Times : Waking Times
=============================

YIKES! A scary thought for all those who use supplements. I dont myself... I do a lot of juicing etc.

I know that I would ask suppliers at the health food stores where people buy their supplements - about this, to make sure this is not happening with the supplements people are taking. You cannot take it for granted that supplements all of us buy may have GMO components.

An informed consumer is a healthy consumer, in this case!

Rachel 
San Diego

Jeffrey Smith: Genetic Roulette, Prop 37, and Why You Should Avoid GMO’s | Fat-Burning Man by Abel James: Real Food, Real Results.

Last Updated on April 3, 2020

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts