NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Flux Capacitor - Off-topic version

Discussion in Off-Topic

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one sharky with 5 posts (4 thanks)
    2. looks_two cunparis with 4 posts (4 thanks)
    3. looks_3 goldilocks with 3 posts (6 thanks)
    4. looks_4 roonius with 3 posts (3 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one RJay with 14 thanks per post
    2. looks_two goldilocks with 2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 cunparis with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 sharky with 0.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 10,123 views
    2. thumb_up 38 thanks given
    3. group 14 followers
    1. forum 33 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

Flux Capacitor - Off-topic version

gio5959 
Chiron

Experience: None
Platform: ninjatrader
Broker: Amp Futures/Zen-Fire
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 25
Thanks Received: 155

cunparis View Post
Sharky - I find that very insulting to futures.io (formerly BMT) and the members here. You're doing everyone here a real disservice and leading them down the wrong path and to know that you're doing it intentionally is really bothersome. I don't understand why you would do that. A lot of the newer traders really look up to you so I hope you will rethink this for their sake.

sharky is correct - why would anyone in his right mind want to give away something that has the potential to make money

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs

Zoethecus 
United States of America

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NT

sharky View Post
yes actually we do many things that you guys never hear about we give bmt our junk .sharky

Some late night alcohol brings out the sad truth.

Zoethecus 
United States of America

Platform: NT

gio5959 View Post
sharky is correct - why would anyone in his right mind want to give away something that has the potential to make money

A more appropriate question is why would sharky spend so much time here yanking everyone's chain with junk?

How does that help him or the community?

I think sharky owes this forum a heartfelt apology. Absent that, Mike should ban him.

cunparis 
Paris, France

Platform: Market Delta & Ninjatrader
Thanks Given: 1,162
Thanks Received: 2,094

gio5959 View Post

See:

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
 goldilocks 
NYC, USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: NT
Thanks Given: 117
Thanks Received: 81

Zoethecus View Post
A more appropriate question is why would sharky spend so much time here yanking everyone's chain with junk?

How does that help him or the community?

I think sharky owes this forum a heartfelt apology. Absent that, Mike should ban him.

I enjoy how outspoken and lively this group is.. I hope no one gets banned, particularly those who have been giving so much to the group, even if the words used to describe it or the value of it may differ from one person's perspective to the next. We are all at such different levels of expertise... one could, instead, merely say that Sharky's stuff could hardly be seen as junk nor his posts. And, if he and his group don't share everything; then, why not just be grateful that they do share anything at all..

I have posted some things that I wish in retrospect I might have said a little differently after seeing how it was heard or how it read, but as Mike has pointed out, the journey as a trader is the journey of the person into themselves.. imo, allowing each person the right to grow, express and yet also be challenged, is what we can do for each other.

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,249
Thanks Received: 101,669

I have moved these posts out of the main thread and created an off-topic version of this thread and moved that to Off-Topic section of the forum.

Keep it civil.

Mike

Join the free Markets Chat beta: one platform, all the trade rooms!

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 Eric j 
NY

Platform: Esignal, MBT navigator
Trading: Currencies
Thanks Given: 1,396
Thanks Received: 2,576

gio5959 View Post

Off topic - Hey GIO ! When are you gonna start hanging out with us again ? We miss ya buddy !

Dragon 
Bellingham, WA

Platform: Ninja
Broker: Zen-Fire
Trading: 6E, CL
Thanks Given: 747
Thanks Received: 259

cunparis View Post
See:

I agree. Everything I have ever thought of has been considered by someone that spends most of his/her days using the strategy analyzer. Also, there are so many good traders here willing to offer sound advice for a new method that it is a very good idea to ask them. Only an idiot would try to go at trading alone.

Regarding sharky's "junk", I don't think he meant to say that. It has been my experience with him that he tends to keep the "junk" to himself. Take sharkattack for example, I am pretty sure we all stopped using it as an indicator (you should share it in VIP sharky...maybe someone can offer some insight). He has given me a lot of his indi's. The only indi I know of that he hasn't shared with me is tigershark. I suspect that he and zellar have quite a few they are working on that they are keeping to themselves only because they haven't polished them up yet. Sharky told me the other day that he wanted to give all his stuff away for free. Anyway, take the statement lightly.

Thanked by:

benharrell 
Pittsburgh, Pa

Platform: Ninjatrader
Trading: CL,ES,6E
Thanks Given: 350
Thanks Received: 96

I guess we should all be more careful when joining various beta testing groups in the future here on futures.io (formerly BMT) in fear that we might be the test dummies for the almighty "industry professionals". Maybe some of the comments posted here will be re-thought, as people like myself are NEW traders and look up very much to those who have mentored us whether they directly know it or not.

Dragon 
Bellingham, WA

Platform: Ninja
Trading: 6E, CL
Thanks Given: 747
Thanks Received: 259

benharrell View Post
I guess we should all be more careful when joining various beta testing groups in the future here on futures.io (formerly BMT) in fear that we might be the test dummies for the almighty "industry professionals". Maybe some of the comments posted here will be re-thought, as people like myself are NEW traders and look up very much to those who have mentored us whether they directly know it or not.

I agree. You and others know how I feel about all this. But all I was saying was that he keeps the junk to himself despite what he just said. So take that fwiw. Evaluate the indicators he has posted in that manner.

Last Updated on October 11, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts