NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Strategy Builder for Non-Programmers NO CODE

Discussion in NinjaTrader

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one jmont1 with 47 posts (85 thanks)
    2. looks_two romus with 29 posts (20 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Fugitive69 with 16 posts (30 thanks)
    4. looks_4 userque with 15 posts (11 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Fugitive69 with 1.9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two jmont1 with 1.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 romus with 0.7 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 userque with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 48,894 views
    2. thumb_up 158 thanks given
    3. group 44 followers
    1. forum 132 posts
    2. attach_file 66 attachments

Search this Thread

Strategy Builder for Non-Programmers NO CODE

jmont1 
New York, NY

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader8
Broker: Data = Rithmic -- Gives 70 Level II Data
Trading: 6C (Low Margin,) 6E, CL, GC, ES and Maybe DX for smaller tick value
Thanks Given: 1,719
Thanks Received: 1,020

bobwest View Post
There's been no change in the system for a long time.

Please try it again, and if it doesn't succeed, can you tell me exactly what happens (any messages, etc.), and anything that is different from the last time you did an attachment, which was apparently a half hour before this one.

Details are important, so please note anything at all. If there is a repeatable issue, it will need to go to Mike for resolution.

Bob.

@bobwest, I agree I had just updated a file within thirty minutes of trying this one. The first was a zip file nd no problem. When I went to zip the next strategy it told me that it needed all of its components. That is odd because the export usually says I am adding these components in. I do not think I have any DLL files connecting to the strategy.

So I tried just uploading the CS file. and the attached image shows what happened. An odd thing is that it is allowing me to upload this png file. But to explain, the image shows I attempted to use advanced function to upload the CS file. It show me selecting the file and then I clicked up load. The security image shows the response saying it was blocked. Thanks for looking into this.

Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,524
Thanks Received: 26,292

I assume from the message that there is something in this particular file that it is objecting to. I do not know what it looks for, unfortunately.

This is outside of the scope of what I can do on the forum. You will need to post in the changelog thread to report it to Mike:

Obviously, there is an explanation, but I'm not the one to find it. Sorry.

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote
Thanked by:
 TraderGB 
Dallas, TX

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader8
Trading: ES, CL
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 411

@jmont1 / @Abusamjad91,

See below...

gbAvgHiLoPivot trend logic:
* To change to an UP trend: 2 consecutive lows must print above the average swing high plot, AvgPivotHi.
* To change to an DOWN trend: 2 consecutive highs must print below the average swing low plot, AvgPivotLo.

The code in the strategy would be something like:

Code
bool trendUp=true;   // define and initially set trendUp 

if (!trendUp && Low[0] > AvgPivotHi[0] && Low[1] > AvgPivotHi[0])
	trendUp = true;
else if (trendUp && High[0] < AvgPivotLo[0] && High[1] < AvgPivotLo[0])
	trendUp = false;

if (trendUp && YOUR_CONDITION_TO_GO_LONG)
{
   go long, etc
}
else if (!trendUp && YOUR_CONDITION_TO_GO_SHORT)
{
   go short, etc
}

TraderGB

jmont1 View Post
This is an example of an indicator that has the information Strategy Builder could act on but it is not yet exposed. This builds a channel and colors the background based on trend calculation. Within the code is a bool that does true for long, false for short. It also has a possible plot of 1 or -1 but they are not exposed to be available for Strategy Builder to act on.
So for @Abusamjad91, I am providing a basic strategy that shows the plot, confirms if the current price (close) is within the plot range. But without the trend information it does not know whether it is a long or a short trend.
@TraderGB, perhaps you can take a look and see if the trend can be exposed. It would be for indicator GBAvgHiLoPivot THanks!

Unfortunately for some reason this is not allowing me to zip it so here is the CS file.

Oops, it will not let me upload the file either based on Futures.io new security system. I tried the one to the left and I tried the advanced manage attachments and they both block it. It does not appear to be doing a security scan, just going right away to it is not allowed.

@bobwest, may I request you take a look?

Thanked by:

Last Updated on November 16, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts