NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Spread / Pairs Trading - the allure and the reality

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one josh with 21 posts (35 thanks)
    2. looks_two kevinkdog with 15 posts (23 thanks)
    3. looks_3 TheDude with 11 posts (22 thanks)
    4. looks_4 datahogg with 11 posts (2 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one tigertrader with 7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two kkfx with 4.6 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 josh with 1.7 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 kevinkdog with 1.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 86,762 views
    2. thumb_up 200 thanks given
    3. group 64 followers
    1. forum 120 posts
    2. attach_file 11 attachments

Search this Thread

Spread / Pairs Trading - the allure and the reality

petedian
Austin, TX, USA

Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 0

YES PLEASE! We need more spread strategies in the retail space. Thanks for your post. I have been doing commodity spreads for some time and took a break for algorithmic projects, but relative trading is a great strategy and I feel not enough people out here on it. Thanks again

josh View Post
Some great posts guys, keep them coming--I will reply to them with comments and questions later in more detail. Just an update right now on my simulated trade. S&P got sold a few minutes ago but the NDX remains firm for the moment, so the spread continues to widen, and the trade becomes more profitable. I do like the fact that I'm not concerned with a single market's direction, but the relative strength of the two.

I really look forward to the webinar presentation you have coming on this subject. It seems to me that with a trade going into a reasonable profit, it would be an opportunity to do a scale/leg. Just like in an outright trade, I would guess that I could get some profit and better my average by maybe selling one of the NQ contracts at this point, and then if the spread narrows a bit, adding one back in. Or something similar.

Spread traders, is that the kind of thing you would look to do at this point?

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout

Last Updated on April 14, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts