NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Is trading NKD Nikkei futures the best choice for afternoon/evening trading?

Discussion in Emini and Emicro Index

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one tennon with 2 posts (0 thanks)
    2. looks_two Andersi with 2 posts (7 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Quick Summary with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 paps with 1 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one srgtroy with 4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Andersi with 3.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 paps with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 CSC1 with 1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 12,102 views
    2. thumb_up 14 thanks given
    3. group 9 followers
    1. forum 11 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

Is trading NKD Nikkei futures the best choice for afternoon/evening trading?

moneyforever
Miami, Florida

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

eventtrading View Post
You posed this question 4 1/2 years ago, yet it remains an excellent one. NKD is a powerhouse; he'll lead the US market as well as follow. Yesterday DJI fell 700+ points and it all started with NKD in Tokyo. He opened HOD and never looked back. There were two down waves, both of equal length, first being Tokyo, second NY. Total short gain, open to close, was 22K, give or take, for one lot. YM and ES were both flat in Tokyo and nicely short in NY, so NKD was the leader of the pack. There was an 8 hour retrace (approx) 15% during the London session. NKD volumes are significantly lower than YM/ES yet seem liquid enough to do your thing (most of my trading is in my demo at the moment). NKD margins are higher than YM and ES but your making/losing $25/tick (5 points per tick), i.e. one tick = $125. (probably explains the low volume). I'm on the West Coast so this guy is in my bread basket. His ATR is 470, yesterday's range was 1K, give or take.

Bottom line: this guy's a monster!

Hi there. Are you still trading NKD? and which broker are you using? I am thinking to use AMP futures, Quantower platform.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts

eddie9988
Edinburgh United Kingdom

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 2

Hi all, newbie here still figuring how to post an intro, so complicated. Anyway, tyring to respond to the thread with my 2 cents. I don't know about the Nikkei futures something for me to find out. But I want to say, if I don't need to sleep, I will definitely trade the Hang Seng mini futures. It's very easy, you can easily open an account with one of many Hong Kong futures brokers completely online. The only obstacle to many is the minimum margin it's around USD2,500 and every tick is HK$10 or US$1.25. The HSI moves a few hundred points daily. There is definitely a lot of liquidity in that one. As usual lost of volatility in the first 30 minuts and the major trend starts at 10am HK time. Trading goes quiet aftre 11am, that's when China's stock market stops for lunch. Most Hang Seng stocks are Chinese companies hence. Trading picks up after 1pm. Give it a try.

Last Updated on June 4, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts