NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

The CL Crude-analysis Thread

Discussion in Commodities

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one SMCJB with 683 posts (1,274 thanks)
    2. looks_two mfbreakout with 303 posts (479 thanks)
    3. looks_3 WilleeMac with 275 posts (218 thanks)
    4. looks_4 ron99 with 165 posts (262 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one SMCJB with 1.9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two mfbreakout with 1.6 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 ron99 with 1.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 WilleeMac with 0.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 618,908 views
    2. thumb_up 3,558 thanks given
    3. group 286 followers
    1. forum 2,696 posts
    2. attach_file 644 attachments

Search this Thread

The CL Crude-analysis Thread

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Tradestation, TOS
Trading: ES, CL, GC
Thanks Given: 3,478
Thanks Received: 15,818

kurlare View Post
Would you mind explaining what you mean by flush up/down? Also, can you contrast this to your other comment about scalping?

Thanks!

regarding Flush up and Flush down please see attached chart. I am not sure i understand your 2nd question " Contrast this with Scalping"? some traders call them as exhaustion bars. I want to go long when on massive volume CL does not go any lower and short on massive volume when CL can not go higher. A trader has to give some room to the trade to breathe. So, if one went long around 48.40 area- he/she can not just put stop loss at 47.99 and watch CL hit 50.

NOTE: Correct chart re posted. Earlier chart was not meant for this post.

My posts are not meant to give financial advice neither do they imply that my method is special. "THIS IS WHAT I COULD BE IF I HAD A TOTALLY CARE FREE STATE OF MIND DURING TRADING" Mark Douglas.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-02-11_1439_flush_down.png
Views:	290
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	174642  
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

Flush Up.

Buyer beware..

My posts are not meant to give financial advice neither do they imply that my method is special. "THIS IS WHAT I COULD BE IF I HAD A TOTALLY CARE FREE STATE OF MIND DURING TRADING" Mark Douglas.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2015-02-11_1505_FLUSH_UP.png
Views:	278
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	174643  
Thanked by:
kurlare
Philadelphia, PA, USA

Thanks Given: 35
Thanks Received: 15

mfbreakout View Post
regarding Flush up and Flush down please see attached chart. I am not sure i understand your 2nd question " Contrast this with Scalping"? some traders call them as exhaustion bars. I want to go long when on massive volume CL does not go any lower and short on massive volume when CL can not go higher. A trader has to give some room to the trade to breathe. So, if one went long around 48.40 area- he/she can not just put stop loss at 47.99 and watch CL hit 50.

NOTE: Correct chart re posted. Earlier chart was not meant for this post.

I think I understand what you are saying now. I have also noticed over the course of my trading that when there is a large move in one direction coupled with a tremendous amount of volume relative to the other time periods (5 min or more doesn't really matter), that is the time to exit if you were in and time to look to trade the other way if you weren't. So if you were short, you wanna exit your short on that huge surge in selling pressure. I never put a term to it but flush up/flush down makes good sense to me. Flushing out the longs, and the rest of the volume is shorts taking profit/getting long. I really like what you're saying and showing. Thanks!

As far as the scalping question, you had posted this earlier: "Most of these guys live or die in a SCALPING UNIVERSE but they are full of ideas, feelngs etc.."

Can you explain what you mean by scalping universe? It sounds like from the context of your post that you are casting them in a negative light so I just want to understand what your criticism of that trading style is, as you see it.

Thanked by:

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

kurlare View Post
I think I understand what you are saying now. I have also noticed over the course of my trading that when there is a large move in one direction coupled with a tremendous amount of volume relative to the other time periods (5 min or more doesn't really matter), that is the time to exit if you were in and time to look to trade the other way if you weren't. So if you were short, you wanna exit your short on that huge surge in selling pressure. I never put a term to it but flush up/flush down makes good sense to me. Flushing out the longs, and the rest of the volume is shorts taking profit/getting long. I really like what you're saying and showing. Thanks!

As far as the scalping question, you had posted this earlier: "Most of these guys live or die in a SCALPING UNIVERSE but they are full of ideas, feelngs etc.."

Can you explain what you mean by scalping universe? It sounds like from the context of your post that you are casting them in a negative light so I just want to understand what your criticism of that trading style is, as you see it.

I am in position to cast anyone in a -ve way especially when i do not know a person. My comment was general in nature and was pointing to the FACT that traders who scalp ( my definition of scalp is anything less than 25 ticks) should not DREAM about clearing 100, 200+ ticks. It just not gonna work.

I have scalped for 3 years and stopped doing it after i realized either i need to set up an auto. trading system to scalp or as a discretionary trader focus on BIG PICTURE and big targets. I decided to FOCUS on being a discretionary trader and not compete with HFT, Algos.. etc This does not mean every trade i take , i am looking to get 100+ ticks. That's what the goal is.

Thanked by:
kurlare
Philadelphia, PA, USA

Thanks Given: 35
Thanks Received: 15

Alright, so you just meant that there are traders who have big ideas about where the market is headed (50+ ticks) but in practice all they do is scalp?

Thanked by:

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

kurlare View Post
Alright, so you just meant that there are traders who have big ideas about where the market is headed (50+ ticks) but in practice all they do is scalp?

But big targets- big picture comes with it's own POISON. There is no free lunch.

NOTE: Trade #1 from chart got cut off. It should read short 50.11. Cover some 49.70 before NY open. I wanted to add to short in case NY open gave a bounce. It never did, so i held on to rest of my shorts.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2015-02-11_1317_dark_hole.png
Views:	291
Size:	182.3 KB
ID:	174646  
Thanked by:

WilleeMac 
Prospect, KY. USA

Experience: None
Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: Infinity
Trading: /CL
Thanks Given: 309
Thanks Received: 617

Supposedly there's Greece talks going on as I type. So if you have an open position...

-Bill

EDIT

Quoting 
50 Pips ‏@50Pips 18s18 seconds ago

heads up eurogroup comments to hit wires...

EDIT

Quoting 
Live Squawk ‏@livesquawk 3m3 minutes ago

Euro Group Press Conference Stream (When Delivered) https://stks.co/c1fuk

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

WilleeMac 
Prospect, KY. USA

I guess it was good news

-Bill

EDIT

It will be interesting to see if this flows over (to?)

WilleeMac 
Prospect, KY. USA

Let's see what this gets us (or does it)

-Bill

EDIT

4984 HWB long Globex

EDIT

In addition to all the Circus Magic (ie HWB/ long, short) I also consider 1) price action at whole numbers (50) and quarter numbers, 2) time of day

Thanked by:

WilleeMac 
Prospect, KY. USA

M1 view

-Bill_M

EDIT

Next on deck 5102 +/-

Thanked by:

Last Updated on March 23, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts