NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

MBOXX ( similar to Weis Wave )/Wyckoff

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one zextra with 22 posts (17 thanks)
    2. looks_two iq200 with 21 posts (7 thanks)
    3. looks_3 JonnyBoy with 20 posts (32 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Lfx987 with 19 posts (31 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one nttradert with 8.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bobwest with 3.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 JonnyBoy with 1.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Lfx987 with 1.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 139,172 views
    2. thumb_up 404 thanks given
    3. group 116 followers
    1. forum 323 posts
    2. attach_file 35 attachments

Search this Thread

MBOXX ( similar to Weis Wave )/Wyckoff

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,526
Thanks Received: 26,292

Moderator Notice
Moderator Notice

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

GlobalTrader
Long Beach , LA

Thanks Given: 37
Thanks Received: 81

vmodus View Post
Trustpilot is not a scam and calling them as such is considered libel, in the US at least. Trustpilot can be manipulated by bad actors as with any online platform. If Trustpilot is a scam, then so is Amazon, etc. There are fake negative reviews, too, so it is possible that a company can pay someone for negative reviews to damage a competitor.

Here is a good article discussing this topic and how to spot suspicious reviews:
https://www.elegantthemes.com/blog/business/what-is-trustpilot-and-can-you-trust-their-reviews

In the words of the mighty G.I. Joe:

(Disclosure: I am not affiliated with Hasbro in any way, shape or form. )

https://reviewexpress.net/product/trustpilot-reviews/

David_R 
San Jose, Ca
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninja
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: Something moving
Thanks Given: 2,335
Thanks Received: 2,524

Here is Mike's latest trading video from youtube.

I've noticed a couple of comments that I want to respond to.

1. I believe that Mbox is now available for TV.
2. Yes, mike usually has already entered a trade by the time he starts to record, but over that last 6 months or so he has been doing a series of videos where he watched one market and does pre-market
analysis before entering a trade.
3. The precision Delta is one of his new upgrades. He says it's a algorithm he wrote and it took over 3 years to accomplish. I don't know if that is true or not.
The Precision Delta is used in his other indicators such as the Mbox histogram and the cumulative delta. Its supposed to improve things and it removes the need for the Wave Volume.
4. If people don't want to pay for software add-ons then don't pay for them. Don't expect someone that develops software to offer it for free. And is a week or two of trial really going to help. Plus is the
developer supposed to support you and answer your questions during the trial period?
5. The trade "room" is on Discord now. There are stock traders, forex traders and futures traders. The activity varies in terms of how much people post. It is not a trade room even though it's called that. It is
more of a community of Mbox owners/users and you are free to post charts, ask for feedback and provide feedback.
6. I don't know Mike personally, but based on his videos he is a very skilled trader. He's calm, patient and disciplined. He enters his trade and stays with the trade. He doesn't move his stop around or his
target. He adds on if the charts presents the opportunity to do so. I find his demeanor more valuable than the function of the indicators. He lets the charts/indicators guide him.

good luck.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

David_R 
San Jose, Ca
Legendary Market Wizard

Some have asked about MBOX and stocks. Here are to charts from the Mbox room on discord.

I there are any question regarding the indicators etc. and I am able answer feel free to ask.
There are some nuances with MBox but they are useful nuances.

appl

smci

cmelody
Zaanstad, Netherlands

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 8

David_R View Post
Here is Mike's latest trading video from youtube.

I've noticed a couple of comments that I want to respond to.

1. I believe that Mbox is now available for TV.
2. Yes, mike usually has already entered a trade by the time he starts to record, but over that last 6 months or so he has been doing a series of videos where he watched one market and does pre-market
analysis before entering a trade.
3. The precision Delta is one of his new upgrades. He says it's a algorithm he wrote and it took over 3 years to accomplish. I don't know if that is true or not.
The Precision Delta is used in his other indicators such as the Mbox histogram and the cumulative delta. Its supposed to improve things and it removes the need for the Wave Volume.
4. If people don't want to pay for software add-ons then don't pay for them. Don't expect someone that develops software to offer it for free. And is a week or two of trial really going to help. Plus is the
developer supposed to support you and answer your questions during the trial period?
5. The trade "room" is on Discord now. There are stock traders, forex traders and futures traders. The activity varies in terms of how much people post. It is not a trade room even though it's called that. It is
more of a community of Mbox owners/users and you are free to post charts, ask for feedback and provide feedback.
6. I don't know Mike personally, but based on his videos he is a very skilled trader. He's calm, patient and disciplined. He enters his trade and stays with the trade. He doesn't move his stop around or his
target. He adds on if the charts presents the opportunity to do so. I find his demeanor more valuable than the function of the indicators. He lets the charts/indicators guide him.

good luck.

I think your write up is a good conclusion in general about MBox. Even though Mike does not call out trades (he never promised to do so), I find the community is top notch. I have learned so much from Mike's guidance and from other members. I am very encouraged when I see other people's results, especially in the funding channel, where people report their success in getting funded using the tools.

I think Mike's approach to trading is to really become your own person and develop the skills necessary to make profit without relying on anyone else, and I think in this department his education combined with the tools really excels. I know we all want the easy way out and have the work done for us by calling out trades. For me personally, I would not want this long term anyway, since I want to be able to rely on myself for the next 2 to 3 decades, should a trading room vanish or cease to exist. People like Wyckoff and David Weis are remembered for their work (not for calling out trades), and I think Mike is taking the same approach, with a focus on developing and evolving trading theory and methods (5D Order Flow) that will have a much more lasting impact, and remembered even after their death.

David_R 
San Jose, Ca
Legendary Market Wizard

I don't disagree with your comments. I also agree that a trading room with just trade calls is just a crutch that may not help one to improve. But I do feel that the term "trade room" indicates just that. A trade room is a room where trading is taking place it's not a place where people are posting their trades, or chart mark ups or asking questions. It's impossible with futures in my opinion to post a chart to one of the channels and say "I'm considering a long or a short here, what do you think"? By the time you get any feedback the opportunity, if there was one is gone. I feel that a trade room that is more geared towards teaching would be a good balance between trade calls and education. Yes, trades would get called, but not before the analysis is explained and at the same time people that are struggling that would normally find themselves taking a bad trades, or trading just to trade could observe the "expert" use the software and there skill to wait, be patient and strike when the time is right. Nothing like this exists to my knowledge. Yeah, there may be a few trade rooms out there like Simpler Trading, but they are really out to sell indicators and courses.

The realization I've had is that we are on our own. Sure, you can get advice about books to read, or to journal, mark-up charts, join forums like this etc. etc. but if someone is seeking a "mentor" for lack of a better word that would take you under their wing that is a rarity. I always wonder that when a trader that now sells courses or whatever says "their mentor really helped them to..." or "my mentor...whatever", I always wonder where they found that mentor that helped them to turn things around.

So I'm a fan of the Mbox software and the methodology Mike teaches, but the true benefit of the method and the software is being able to sit on your hands and wait and see the story. Mike trades off of a one minute chart. One really needs to wait on a one minute to let the trade develop and not be too eager to enter because they see some indications of the trade setting up. In other words, patience. Since I lack patience among other factors I'm usually in at the wrong time and the wrong place, so even though I'm using the same software as Mike and the others I am not profitable.

A few weeks back I singed up for another Apex evaluation account. In those two weeks I've taking only a few trades and the account is currently negative. basically the same shit is repeating itself that has been going on for years. So, it's Monday as i write this and I did not attempt to trade. I've never really ever wanted to quite trading because I've felt that success is achievable even though I have thought about numerous times, but now it's feeling like that time has come. I've been on this site since 2009 and have not found profitability or passed any evaluations and I've done dozens of them. A person can only take so much defeat.

cmelody View Post
I think your write up is a good conclusion in general about MBox. Even though Mike does not call out trades (he never promised to do so), I find the community is top notch. I have learned so much from Mike's guidance and from other members. I am very encouraged when I see other people's results, especially in the funding channel, where people report their success in getting funded using the tools.

I think Mike's approach to trading is to really become your own person and develop the skills necessary to make profit without relying on anyone else, and I think in this department his education combined with the tools really excels. I know we all want the easy way out and have the work done for us by calling out trades. For me personally, I would not want this long term anyway, since I want to be able to rely on myself for the next 2 to 3 decades, should a trading room vanish or cease to exist. People like Wyckoff and David Weis are remembered for their work (not for calling out trades), and I think Mike is taking the same approach, with a focus on developing and evolving trading theory and methods (5D Order Flow) that will have a much more lasting impact, and remembered even after their death.

Slapshot 
Birmingham UK

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierrachart
Trading: ES, Forex, Currency Futures, Oil, Natural Gas
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Hours
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 6

David_R View Post
...... basically the same shit is repeating itself that has been going on for years.

There's the problem you need to address.

Forget the tools used to trade, focus on why you're failing.

These 'system' sellers always make it look so easy, and maybe it is to Mike for the simple reason it's his, he's developed the tools for his trading and its also making money selling them. I'm not here to endorse or condemn his tools, I own them but don't use them. That's not because they don't work but I found over time i didn't need them. All the information presented is the same for everyone (price), how we interpret it is what separates us.

Essentially Mike took what David Weis offered (WeisWave) and made it available for SierraChart because it wasn't back in 2013/4 iirc (or their ZigZag study didn't offer the features as it currently does), and then developed it further adding more stuff discussed in this thread.

On the subject of mentoring, I was taught by the late David Weis reading bar-by-bar on a chart on the right hand edge not knowing what was going to print next, for hours and hours. One of the takeaways from those sessions is it's ok not knowing what is going to happen or to not understand the price action, just knowing that keeps my hand off the mouse.

There are a million different ways to trade, but whatever route chosen those that stay in the game have taken something they've been shown/learned and made it their own.

I wish you the best of luck.

Thanked by:

David_R 
San Jose, Ca
Legendary Market Wizard

Slapshot View Post
There's the problem you need to address.

Forget the tools used to trade, focus on why you're failing.

These 'system' sellers always make it look so easy, and maybe it is to Mike for the simple reason it's his, he's developed the tools for his trading and its also making money selling them. I'm not here to endorse or condemn his tools, I own them but don't use them. That's not because they don't work but I found over time i didn't need them. All the information presented is the same for everyone (price), how we interpret it is what separates us.

Essentially Mike took what David Weis offered (WeisWave) and made it available for SierraChart because it wasn't back in 2013/4 iirc (or their ZigZag study didn't offer the features as it currently does), and then developed it further adding more stuff discussed in this thread.

On the subject of mentoring, I was taught by the late David Weis reading bar-by-bar on a chart on the right hand edge not knowing what was going to print next, for hours and hours. One of the takeaways from those sessions is it's ok not knowing what is going to happen or to not understand the price action, just knowing that keeps my hand off the mouse.

There are a million different ways to trade, but whatever route chosen those that stay in the game have taken something they've been shown/learned and made it their own.

I wish you the best of luck.

Thanks for the feedback. It doesn't really matter to me if it's Weis Wave, MBox or anything else. I took Gary Daytons chart reading course twice. The course is great and in depth, but trying to trade a bare chart isn't easy. Regardless, given the amount of time I've been at this and knowing that the issues are not on the computer screen or what software I'm using.
I have realized some time ago that the issues are psychological. Apparently I'm incapable or unwilling to do what needs to be done to correct the "problem".

Slapshot 
Birmingham UK

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierrachart
Trading: ES, Forex, Currency Futures, Oil, Natural Gas
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Hours
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 6

David_R View Post
Thanks for the feedback. It doesn't really matter to me if it's Weis Wave, MBox or anything else.

Correct, the tools should compliment the decision making process not define it in it's entirety.

David_R View Post
I took Gary Daytons chart reading course twice. The course is great and in depth, but trying to trade a bare chart isn't easy.

It's not meant to be, my reason for mentioning it was because when I was going through it with David it really made me stop and think about the current bar in relation to what's already happened and what the possibilities maybe in the next few bars.

David_R View Post
Regardless, given the amount of time I've been at this and knowing that the issues are not on the computer screen or what software I'm using.
I have realized some time ago that the issues are psychological. Apparently I'm incapable or unwilling to do what needs to be done to correct the "problem".

It's possible to overcome these obstacles and given your acknowledgement of them I'd say you're further along than you realise. Given the time you've already spent at this I can appreciate the consideration to stopping, but equally you've committed so much time already why not focus on addressing the issues you describe, it could well be the key to cracking it.

Thanked by:

David_R 
San Jose, Ca
Legendary Market Wizard

Because I don't know what to do to fix it. Or, I try things, but don't give it enough time. I would journal, but when the trading was shitty and still losing money I would stop. I write trading plans with rules and as soon as the trading is shitty I don't bother with the plan. I had a number of sessions with Jared Tendler at $500/ hr. Same stuff. Write this down. How did you feel. Notice how you felt. People tell me to read Trading in the Zone. Read it a long time ago. Do I implement what's in the book, or read it and put it down? The latter. I take full responsibility for all of this. The lack of patience and discipline doesn't stop/start when trying to trade. There is a slew of things that could and should be done better. Preparation and planning and review. Believe me, I don't want to come out and say I completely quite 100%. It's like leaving the door open. But days are going buy, the market has been rallying like a mad man and I'm not participating in any of it. I don't get up to trade the open because my first thought is why bother. It will just end up the same.

Slapshot View Post
Correct, the tools should compliment the decision making process not define it in it's entirety.

It's not meant to be, my reason for mentioning it was because when I was going through it with David it really made me stop and think about the current bar in relation to what's already happened and what the possibilities maybe in the next few bars.

It's possible to overcome these obstacles and given your acknowledgement of them I'd say you're further along than you realise. Given the time you've already spent at this I can appreciate the consideration to stopping, but equally you've committed so much time already why not focus on addressing the issues you describe, it could well be the key to cracking it.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on January 19, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts