NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

MBOXX ( similar to Weis Wave )/Wyckoff

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one zextra with 22 posts (17 thanks)
    2. looks_two iq200 with 21 posts (7 thanks)
    3. looks_3 JonnyBoy with 20 posts (32 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Lfx987 with 19 posts (31 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one nttradert with 8.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bobwest with 3.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 JonnyBoy with 1.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Lfx987 with 1.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 139,065 views
    2. thumb_up 404 thanks given
    3. group 116 followers
    1. forum 323 posts
    2. attach_file 35 attachments

Search this Thread

MBOXX ( similar to Weis Wave )/Wyckoff

cmelody
Zaanstad, Netherlands

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 8

David_R View Post
Because I don't know what to do to fix it. Or, I try things, but don't give it enough time. I would journal, but when the trading was shitty and still losing money I would stop. I write trading plans with rules and as soon as the trading is shitty I don't bother with the plan. I had a number of sessions with Jared Tendler at $500/ hr. Same stuff. Write this down. How did you feel. Notice how you felt. People tell me to read Trading in the Zone. Read it a long time ago. Do I implement what's in the book, or read it and put it down? The latter. I take full responsibility for all of this. The lack of patience and discipline doesn't stop/start when trying to trade. There is a slew of things that could and should be done better. Preparation and planning and review. Believe me, I don't want to come out and say I completely quite 100%. It's like leaving the door open. But days are going buy, the market has been rallying like a mad man and I'm not participating in any of it. I don't get up to trade the open because my first thought is why bother. It will just end up the same.

I remember hearing some analogy, not everyone is fit to be a trader, just like not everyone is fit to be a rock star, olympic athlete, etc.... I've been having good consistency with MBox for the last few of months, but have been trying to trade for years (unsuccessfuly). Perhaps I don't get bogged down in the psychology and just needed to find the right approach. But even with the right approach (Wyckoff / MBox), it would make sense that not everyone will be profitable. We do not live in a world where everyone can perform and be what they want to be even when given the same opportunity. We live in a "equal opportunity" but different outcome kind of world, I think because we are all different and have different strengths and weaknesses. Trading seems to be a dream for many, but only a percentage are really cut out to be traders. I think this has to do with dealing with the psychology / emotions of it. And if someone can't deal with the psychology of it, perhaps trading is not their path. I don't mean anything bad by it, but I'm reading your posts and how hard you have tried and that nothing has worked for you. Perhaps it is time to cut the losses short. Focus on entirely something else that you are actually good at. Just my 2 cents....

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout

AnyM 
Bangkok, Thailand

Experience: None
Platform: Ninjatrader 8
Broker: NT Continuum TastyWorks
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 33

There is a free version in nexusfi. Does the same thing.

cmelody
Zaanstad, Netherlands

AnyM View Post
There is a free version in nexusfi. Does the same thing.

I have tried this version. It is just 1 wave indicator, where as MBox has 10 indicators and 3 signals for a full system. Not really a comparison. There are many "free" waves out there including PriceActionSwing indicator (also I have used), but if you want a free version you will not find a complete system there.

One of the advantages that MBox has, the way I see it is the precision delta algorithm. The order flow on the wave is much easier to read compared to the "built in" delta. None of the free versions have this. The MBox indicators are designed to be looked at together to provide a comprehensive picture of chart analysis. 1 wave indicator will not do this. MBox also has the Algo Signals (buy / sell entries), various histograms like mbox histogram and cumulative delta, and one of my favorites X Kontrol. I am all for alternatives and a free market, and think others should try it if they want to, but to state that it does the "same thing" as MBox is a complete mis-representation, as it is in no way a comparison or replacement of the entire MBox system and the community / support that go along with it.

Thanked by:
cmelody
Zaanstad, Netherlands

FYI.... Mike just did a Webinar on Semi Automated Trading, I found it very interesting

Last Updated on January 19, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts