NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Perrys Trading Platform

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one perryg with 303 posts (915 thanks)
    2. looks_two wgreenie with 90 posts (66 thanks)
    3. looks_3 plethora with 83 posts (22 thanks)
    4. looks_4 MetalTrade with 34 posts (20 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one zt379 with 4.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two perryg with 3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 monpere with 2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 wgreenie with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 745,329 views
    2. thumb_up 1,732 thanks given
    3. group 187 followers
    1. forum 1,206 posts
    2. attach_file 276 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Perrys Trading Platform

MetalTrade 

Hello, yes there is.

On bootcamp it's there just like in windows,

In parallels you can also emulate this or enable it.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Strategy stop orders partially filled
EasyLanguage Programming

plethora 
Los Angeles, CA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Rithmic
Trading: GC
Thanks Given: 1,174
Thanks Received: 425

zxxaxz View Post
If you are using a Mac, theres no scroll wheel or middle mouse button, so it's kind of hard to place stop limit orders on the DOM.

Bingo! There's no mouse either. That was my experience with Chart Trader on a Mac. But I watched a couple of NT vids last night again and it's easy to place limit orders with a PC and mouse. So I googled the difference between the two stop orders on Chart Trader: buy stops fill at market and buy stop limits fill at the specified price. I'm going to try my hand with buy stop limits but there's something to be said for a market fill. It gets you in the game.

Thanks so much, zxxaxz, for picking up my little hardship and responding to it.

plethora 
Los Angeles, CA

MetalTrade View Post
Hello, yes there is.

On bootcamp it's there just like in windows,

In parallels you can also emulate this or enable it.

Thanks MT, just saw your post. Parallels is a nightmare and my (new) technician validated my (old) experience. When my back gets better I'm going to bring in my MacBook and have him remove Parallels and use Bootcamp to run NT as a backup. And running NT on two computers I'll need one of those broker licenses. Thank you.

monpere 
Bala, PA, USA

Broker: Mirus, IB
Trading: SPY, Oil, Euro
Thanks Given: 300
Thanks Received: 3,372

plethora View Post
Thanks MT, just saw your post. Parallels is a nightmare and my (new) technician validated my (old) experience. When my back gets better I'm going to bring in my MacBook and have him remove Parallels and use Bootcamp to run NT as a backup. And running NT on two computers I'll need one of those broker licenses. Thank you.

Running windows on a MAC... my question is why? In the name of all that is holy, why?

plethora 
Los Angeles, CA

monpere View Post
Running windows on a MAC... my question is why? In the name of all that is holy, why?

ROFL. If you have a MAC Pro (not MacBook Pro) to begin with it actually can work well, but with the MAC laptops there are so many limitations...I wish that I knew better to not even have tried.

lolu 
Lagos, Nigeria
Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader, SierraChart
Trading: Euro Currency & Oil
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Hours
Thanks Given: 1,049
Thanks Received: 1,678

plethora View Post
ROFL. If you have a MAC Pro (not MacBook Pro) to begin with it actually can work well, but with the MAC laptops there are so many limitations...I wish that I knew better to not even have tried.

I've been running my NT (both 6.5 and 7)/WinXP/VMWare Fusion on my MacBook Pro (Laptop) for about two years now; and it has been smooth and enjoyable hitch-free moments all the time. Mouse scrolling, Right-click, etc, are just too easy on the MacBook. And with the wireless/bluetooth Mighty mouse, it's good too.

I don't have Parallel experience 'cos I did my research pretty well to stick to VMWare Fusion.

Hi Monpere, I run my Windows on Mac for NT only, I do everything else on the Mac-side. I use Mac for the sake of peace of mind and to guide against being locked up behind windows and gates

Lolu

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

plethora 
Los Angeles, CA

lolu View Post
I don't have Parallel experience 'cos I did my research pretty well to stick to VMWare Fusion.

Thanks, Lolu. I'll read up on VMWare Fusion for my MacBook Pro.

zxxaxz 
Springfield

Platform: Ninjatrader, TOS
Trading: eMicros
Thanks Given: 10
Thanks Received: 80

I used my powers of ESP to know she didn't have a mouse. You can also use this: VirtualBox for free.

plethora 
Los Angeles, CA

Two trades today, two winners. I didn't want to break a winning streak so I stopped after the second trade and felt victorious--a totally new trading experience for me.

But I did take some heat in these long (time wise) trades. Feeling like a deer in headlights once the trade was on, I wondered how to manage them. Do I bail for a loss? Do I bail for a lesser profit? Do I bail to breakeven? Lots of time to think with seemingly missed opportunities. At more than one point all indicators went against me--except the Force Index--so I remained in the trades. And then the chart set up for a new entry so I stayed put and the PT hit. Having stops and targets is also a new experience, and very useful for me. I realize I'm totally useless once I put a trade on. Something to work on.

Also, in hindsight, I wondered what I was thinking with the entries because I know better. But I remember both times there was one indicator that hadn't fired. Same thing yesterday. I think it was actually the slope in all cases. I knew that once it triggered the instrument would run and then it did and I kind of chased the trade.

I did have the "Plot executions" set to "Markers Only" but the computer got turned off before I had a chance to print.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SS 2-10-11.png
Views:	212
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	30602   Click image for larger version

Name:	6B_2-10-11.png
Views:	326
Size:	237.9 KB
ID:	30603   Click image for larger version

Name:	6A_2-10-11.png
Views:	236
Size:	231.2 KB
ID:	30604  

monpere 
Bala, PA, USA

Broker: Mirus, IB
Trading: SPY, Oil, Euro
Thanks Given: 300
Thanks Received: 3,372

plethora View Post
Two trades today, two winners. I didn't want to break a winning streak so I stopped after the second trade and felt victorious--a totally new trading experience for me.

But I did take some heat in these long (time wise) trades. Feeling like a deer in headlights once the trade was on, I wondered how to manage them. Do I bail for a loss? Do I bail for a lesser profit? Do I bail to breakeven? Lots of time to think with seemingly missed opportunities. At more than one point all indicators went against me--except the Force Index--so I remained in the trades. And then the chart set up for a new entry so I stayed put and the PT hit. Having stops and targets is also a new experience, and very useful for me. I realize I'm totally useless once I put a trade on. Something to work on.

Also, in hindsight, I wondered what I was thinking with the entries because I know better. But I remember both times there was one indicator that hadn't fired. Same thing yesterday. I think it was actually the slope in all cases. I knew that once it triggered the instrument would run and then it did and I kind of chased the trade.

I did have the "Plot executions" set to "Markers Only" but the computer got turned off before I had a chance to print.

I think when you are just learning a new system on sim, especially a system like this, where the entry signals are tedious because you have count price bars, count MA bars, check slope angles, and check thresholds for multiple indicators, etc. all in real time, then it becomes important for you to take as many signals as possible while you are on sim, so that identifying the entries will become 2nd nature to you.

You don't want to be trading live, and realize, Oops I forgot to check this indicator or that threshold, or was the tail of this bar really touching that MA, or was that MA really going down for 2 bars, etc, and only realizing this after you've hit the buy button. This is where taking as many trades as possible in sim, which meet all your criteria, becomes crucial. You want to get to the point where you can look at a chart and recognize your entries in 3 seconds flat, or better yet, to the point where you can see a signal setting up before it actually fires. In my personal trading method, I can see a signal setting up multiple bars before the signal actually fires.

So, although I understand the psychological reasons of quitting while you are ahead, especially for new traders, that should not come into play when you are learning a new system, and proving to yourself in sim that that system works for you. I would advise you to take a couple of hours and check out the entry signals indicator for this method to see if that might help you with all the tedious signal identification tasks, then you can spend more time on analyzing market conditions, and other discretionary data in order to judge which signals to take or not.

The other thing I would caution you on, is to trade the simulator exactly the same way you would trade live in every aspect. Don't sit through more heat on a trade in sim then you would probably sit through if you were trading live. You also said you are trading 11 contracts, I don't know the size of your account, but don't trade more contracts in sim then you could possibly afford to trade live. If you are trading part time, don't trade the sim during times that you would normally not be trading live, etc.

Closed Thread

Last Updated on November 5, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts