NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Perrys Trading Platform

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one perryg with 303 posts (915 thanks)
    2. looks_two wgreenie with 90 posts (66 thanks)
    3. looks_3 plethora with 83 posts (22 thanks)
    4. looks_4 MetalTrade with 34 posts (20 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one zt379 with 4.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two perryg with 3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 monpere with 2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 wgreenie with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 744,799 views
    2. thumb_up 1,732 thanks given
    3. group 187 followers
    1. forum 1,206 posts
    2. attach_file 276 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Perrys Trading Platform

Southsea 
USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Amp Futues/Zen-fire
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 13
Thanks Received: 6

plethora View Post
M-A-J-O-R-B-R-E-A-K-T-H-R-O-U-G-H!
This is the piece of the puzzle I curiously missed.
For long trades, the +DI must be pointing up and above the ADXAbove (blue above green).
It was a little fuzzy in my mind when I was reading about through the thread. Perhaps because it wasn't specified as a "rule", I think I glossed over it but this is crucial to the methodology.
Thank you for bringing this to my attention, monpere.

Now, everything has come together. The light is finally shining brightly.

I go back days and days and I see the setup clearly. When to trade and when to stay out.

Plus, the 6B is calling my name loud and clear. Maybe because the dollar value is half other instruments the big boys stay away, but the candles are almost wick-free and full bodied and smaller, so there are more candles and more movement and better trending than the 6E. The way I see it, for long trades (opposite for shorts), if I genuinely wait until the EMA(5) move up above the EMA(50), then it automatically is above the EMA(20) too, I could realistically have a 10 tick target and 10 point stop. Of course, everything else has to be lined up, too. In any event, I'm going to try it out on the Sim. I feel confident for the very first time. I can even visualize the setup in my mind now without looking at the chart.

So, how has your adventure turned out? Thanks, SS

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart

plethora 
Los Angeles, CA

Broker: Rithmic
Trading: GC
Thanks Given: 1,174
Thanks Received: 425

Southsea View Post
So, how has your adventure turned out? Thanks, SS

Thank you for asking, SS. I haven't taken a trade yet, believe it or not. Had a nasty injury at the gym which has kept me flat on my back, other than hobbling to the Chiropractor or Acupuncturist for daily therapy. But I'm finally improving and not complaining. Should be plenty of time to trade and each day I don't brings more confidence, if that makes sense. I'm very grateful that Perry has shared this system with us.

----------------------------------

Perry. I'd like to apologize to you. It's truly hard to know exactly how one's voice is heard in cyberspace. And I feel my last posts may have come across different than the immense appreciation I feel for the system you have shared. Words do not express my gratitude. You are an excellent and generous professor. Thank you very much from the bottom of my heart.

-------------------------------------

Friends, I've been reading up on psychology because that is the missing link for me and stumbled across a book that I highly recommend called "Succeed: How We Can Reach Our Goals" by Heidi Halvorson, Ph.D. Her mentor is Carol Dweck, Ph.D. and they are both two amazing sharp social psychologists. Interestingly, the book is not about trading at all but I have been able to apply all of it to trading. It has been very useful, a real page turner filled with new, thought provoking ideas. Here is the amazon link: Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Succeed: How We Can Reach Our Goals

plethora 
Los Angeles, CA

zxxaxz 
Springfield

Platform: Ninjatrader, TOS
Trading: eMicros
Thanks Given: 10
Thanks Received: 80

Don't let your inner missing link take over your trading

Thanked by:

plethora 
Los Angeles, CA

zxxaxz View Post
Don't let your inner missing link take over your trading

What does this mean exactly, zxxaxz? Very poetic.

Also, may I ask the significance of that particular magazine cover in your avatar?

MetalTrade 

plethora View Post
Also, may I ask the significance of that particular magazine cover in your avatar?

Don't you see the woman is looking up to him and he's looking down on us ? He must be a profitable trader

plethora 
Los Angeles, CA

MetalTrade View Post
Don't you see the woman is looking up to him and he's looking down on us ? He must be a profitable trader

Actually, Heidi Grant Halvorson in "Succeed" would refer to that trader on the cover of the trader magazine as an "entity theorist" (as opposed to "incremental theorist"). Entity traders, as I've re-coined the term, like recognition. They need to prove that they are perceived as smart to others around them. They believe intelligence is fixed, limited and in short supply. As such, they want others to know they have lots of "it". Setting the goal to obtain recognition validates intelligence. So while he appears to be a super trader, he is actually selling himself short because he could actually become a great trader. But entity traders set lesser goals for themselves that they know they can easily achieve compared to incremental traders. We're all like him. We tend to take on activities that come to us easily, quit those activities that require a lot more work to become accomplished, and strive to shine in activities that make us look good. Here's a memorable study from the book to illustrate the point. A large group of shy10 to12 year old boys and girls are told they will be individually videotaped with one other child. They can each decide to pick another shy child like themselves or one who has spectacular social skills. They're warned that if they choose to socialize with the outgoing child when the movie is replayed they will appear even more awkward in comparison to the graceful social kid. But if they do decide to pair up with the outgoing person they have the unique opportunity to spend quality time with an unusually social person and learn how to become outgoing themselves. Most kids chose to play it safe, as adults tend to do, too, because they believed change doesn't occur through hard work and experience. But some ventured out into unknown territory: they believed they could change and become the person they wanted to be.

Stay tuned for the incremental trader.

plethora 
Los Angeles, CA

Perry, are you and your family and friends safe in Rechovot with all the turmoil in the Middle East?

perryg 
Rechovot

Experience: Advanced
Broker: CQG
Trading: Index,Currency and Energy futures
Thanks Given: 508
Thanks Received: 6,288

plethora View Post
Perry, are you and your family and friends safe in Rechovot with all the turmoil in the Middle East?

We are all fine, probably the safest place on this planet.

Started this thread
Thanked by:

plethora 
Los Angeles, CA

perryg View Post
We are all fine, probably the safest place on this planet.

Good to hear that. Good to hear your voice.

Closed Thread

Last Updated on November 5, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts