NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Code example for displaying UNREALIZED PnL for ALL open positions for 1 Account?

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one ratfink with 9 posts (15 thanks)
    2. looks_two resist with 8 posts (10 thanks)
    3. looks_3 gregid with 5 posts (7 thanks)
    4. looks_4 vincentmarchi with 5 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Tasker_182 with 4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two ratfink with 1.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 gregid with 1.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 resist with 1.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 21,532 views
    2. thumb_up 38 thanks given
    3. group 6 followers
    1. forum 32 posts
    2. attach_file 4 attachments

Search this Thread

Code example for displaying UNREALIZED PnL for ALL open positions for 1 Account?

ratfink 
Birmingham UK
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: TST/Rithmic
Trading: YM/Gold
Thanks Given: 17,423
Thanks Received: 8,426

resist View Post
I am working a lot backtesting my strategies using your indicator and I can confirm that itīs working fine if you start strategy (of course) after starting indicator. I have still position and feed in one multichart together, strategies are taking the global variable of totalvalue.

Working with MA makes no sense to me because I need the total value or average value in my strategy (I also added a calculation for average value as global variable, itīs working, too but has not improved strategy).

As I made some interesting observations my question to you:
Could you add a second account - I would like to test opening "dummy" positions on SIM parallel with real account. I think you got my question, if not, again: I want to open e.g. YM, CL, ES trades on SIM and CL on trading account but I need the total of all 4 positions.

Thank you again. @ratfink

Great, and a nice idea too, all we need is to make the totalValue into a per account list, I'll post a version.

Cheers

Travel Well
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle

resist 
Berlin Germany /Alicante Spain

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: DDT/Rithmic, Global/CQG, IB, Mirus(Ninja)/MarketDelta
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 362
Thanks Received: 67

@ratfink,
I think we (you) do not need to make it working parallel on 2 acounts, I can calculate all (e.g. YM, ES, NQ and CL) together on SIM account with strategy - and run a trading strategy only trading CL on real account - only a sample. Only extra work is to have two charts with CL strategy running, one SIM one real - so everything can stay as it is, take your time for better ideas. )))

Thanked by:
trades4x
Vermont

Thanks Given: 21
Thanks Received: 19

vincentmarchi View Post
I am trying to get the UNREALIZED PnL of all instruments that have an open trade for instance - I have 6E open trade that at this current tick is at +$100 and I also have ES open at -$75 then I want to show the currentTotalUnrealizedPnL = +$25

Your second code snippet looks almost like what I need except that the calculation is going way off when I have a second position open in another instrument please see me screenshot below of the output of the code. This code:

Code
double allPositions = 0;
foreach (Position position in Account.Positions)
{
    allPositions += position.GetProfitLoss(Close[0], PerformanceUnit.Currency);

}

Print("TotalUnrealized: " +allPositions.ToString()  );

Does this code go in OnBarUpdate or onExecutionUpdate?

Last Updated on March 21, 2020

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts