NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Plot() with timer

Discussion in NinjaTrader

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one ratfink with 5 posts (8 thanks)
    2. looks_two ToMerK with 4 posts (3 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Quick Summary with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 bobwest with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 5,276 views
    2. thumb_up 11 thanks given
    3. group 1 followers
    1. forum 10 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

Plot() with timer

ratfink 
Birmingham UK
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: TST/Rithmic
Trading: YM/Gold
Thanks Given: 17,423
Thanks Received: 8,426

bobwest View Post
Won't it? Couldn't have much worse. (API documentation, that is.)

I don't want to barge in, but with NT8 presumably getting near to its release (anyone have any word on that??), I was going to say that getting too deeply into NT7, or perhaps doing very much with it at all, except purely surface stuff, may not be a great idea.

That said, I have stayed away from the NT8 beta project, not wanting more complication right now, and so I don't really know how NT8 will turn out. Are you in it, or do you otherwise have an idea?

Bob.

Yes agreed, that's why I mentioned the caveat about not investing too much time, it's a value judgement risk.

As an aside, I forgot to mention Reflection tools if somebody did want to go deeper, in practice I've always considered that a step too far, although that's just a personal cut-off level.

I'm not involved with the NT8 Beta out of choice, but have noticed how quiet things are, NDA's notwithstanding. However, I wish it well and I do hope they invest much more into documentation than was done for NT7, which stayed at a traditionally awful programmer level of documentation, something both of us know a lot about.

In any case NT7 meets all my needs for the next few years and I don't think NT8's approach to multithreading will be the performance solving Grail that many expect due to extra memory requirements and related system hardware issues. For my own purposes I can already multithread anything I need to under NT7 and a single core graphics thread has never been an issue. Too many users and programmers focus on too low a level of data abstraction and storage. Get the semantic levels right and most performance issues disappear, even with a basic system architecture.

Well off-topic now, but worth tidying up I think. If somebody tells me NT8 is rock solid and absolutely flies then I'll change my mind fast and I'll buy it. Oh wait I get it free.

Cheers

Travel Well
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
26 thanks
ApexTraderFunding.com experience and review
13 thanks
Trading with Intuition
12 thanks
EG Indicators
11 thanks
What is Markets Chat (markets.chat) real-time trading ro …
9 thanks

Last Updated on July 19, 2015

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts