NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Nederlandse day traders

Discussion in All Other non-English Languages

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one powerbook with 21 posts (2 thanks)
    2. looks_two Baudo with 16 posts (19 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Erikie with 16 posts (2 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Altentrader with 12 posts (2 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one RDK91 with 1.6 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Pa Dax with 1.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Basso1001 with 1.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Baudo with 1.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 32,148 views
    2. thumb_up 93 thanks given
    3. group 42 followers
    1. forum 179 posts
    2. attach_file 2 attachments

Search this Thread

Nederlandse day traders

powerbook
London, UK

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 3

assuming for a moment that TFA is legit, then the picture of his house is surprising i admit, but again not conclusive. does he def live there? maybe he can't be bothered to move? lets not forget navinder singh sarao traded from his bedroom and was not bothered by material wealth.

also perhaps not the best analogy, but my parents are pretty old, one is 81, the other not far off, they could def live in a better house but really are not bothered. as long as they can go to church, read their novels, see their grandchildren they could care less about the house. they used to have a much larger house (where i grew up) but down sized as didnt want all the maintenance hassles. on the plus side my dad gave me all his hand/power tools when they moved!

perhaps not the best analogy but i can understand why houses are not important to everyone!

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader

eisi83 
Salzburg Austria

Experience: None
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ES,YM
Thanks Given: 41

I'd like to know how many traders in this forum reading these last posts making more ticks/points then this guy each day trading similar to his style and just have to smile about it.

I don't know him.... Just saying.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Altentrader
Amsterdam Netherlands

Thanks Received: 9

eisi83 View Post
I'd like to know how many traders in this forum reading these last posts making more ticks/points then this guy each day trading similar to his style and just have to smile about it.

I don't know him.... Just saying.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

If with "this guy" you mean Trader from Amsterdam then the answer is that he doesn't make any ticks per day. Unless ticks in the SIM count as well.

Altentrader
Amsterdam Netherlands

powerbook View Post
assuming for a moment that TFA is legit, then the picture of his house is surprising i admit, but again not conclusive. does he def live there? maybe he can't be bothered to move? lets not forget navinder singh sarao traded from his bedroom and was not bothered by material wealth.

also perhaps not the best analogy, but my parents are pretty old, one is 81, the other not far off, they could def live in a better house but really are not bothered. as long as they can go to church, read their novels, see their grandchildren they could care less about the house. they used to have a much larger house (where i grew up) but down sized as didnt want all the maintenance hassles. on the plus side my dad gave me all his hand/power tools when they moved!

perhaps not the best analogy but i can understand why houses are not important to everyone!

Where he lives just adds to the picture, just like his sons aren't million dollar traders. But fact that the numbers in the DOM don't add up is most important to me. And apparently to you as well powerbook because I was happy to read that just like me you would not pay him for a course. Good decission I can advice everyone else here to do the same. Don't pay any educator one cent.

samgander 
Panama City Panama

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja Trader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 6

"lets not forget navinder singh sarao traded from his bedroom and was not bothered by material wealth"

Oh come on Powerbook you can do better than that, you don't see the similarity between the fake TFA and good old Navinder Singh Sarao?

The fake (TFA) who is trying to cream $5000 out of unsuspecting newbies, and a man convicted for spoofing and wire fraud(NSS), nice comparison lol. 2 fine upstanding characters who we should all put our trust in LMAO

powerbook
London, UK

hi guys

1. yes that is correct, i would not pay tfa 5k for a trading course, but not because the teacher is tfa, but because i know the content is not worth 5k. i know this to be a fact due to my experience in the markets, i.e. there is no holy grail. sadly newbies are not aware of this fact, no doubt due to the way the retail industry is marketed. if however you are making a more fundamental point and postulating that ALL 'paid for' education is worthless then i must disagree with you. trading should be viewed is a profession - well successful trading should be. one wouldn't expect an airline pilot to fly a jet without receiving prior training - i certainly would not board his plane! one wouldn't expect a neuro surgeon to start operating without receiving prior training - i certainly would not sign the consent form! so unless you have family members or trusted friends that are also successful traders and able to mentor free of charge, then training is chargeable. what is the alternative? err probably 5-10 years of donating to the market, while also getting ripped off by countless scam artists and charlatans before coming to the realisation that the 'secret sauce' does not exist. decent paid for training provides a valuable shortcut and therefore is not worthless. IMO anything over £500 is a rip off, and the sweet spot is perhaps £200 - £300 assuming the content is decent of course. but there in lies the rub, a newbie does not understand what 'decent' looks like, and most likely will dismisses ALL training priced under £2k since the "big secret" must cost more!

2. re.*navinder singh sarao, i think you misread my post. it was prefaced with "assuming for a moment that TFA is legit". i thought i was fairly clear, i am seeking to compare apples with apples, not apples with oranges. if however we assume tfa is a crook then of course i see the similarity.*

powerbook
London, UK

Re. numbers in the DOM carrying the most weight, I agree which is why I want to undertake further testing of my own before I reach conclusions that are based on untested assumptions. I don't take anything at face value, I need to be convinced. Re his grown up children not being traders, where is the evidence for this? Is it solely based on that YouTube video where someone stated that?

samgander 
Panama City Panama

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja Trader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 6

Hi all following this thread, just to help keep us focussed as Powerbook seems to be taking up a lot of space here, most of it seems to be trying to throw some legitimacy on TFA.

I seem to recall Powerbook starting off with the statement "Yes Trader from Amsterdam is the real deal." So according to his last post where he says "I agree which is why I want to undertake further testing of my own before I reach conclusions that are based on untested assumptions. I don't take anything at face value", could he please enlighten us, was his statement that TFA is the real deal based on his extensive research and not taking anything at face value, or simply done in error out of a lack of knowledge.

Once again let's not allow the thread to digress away from the theme, if anyone has anything to share here that will help people from being relieved from their money unwittingly then the best thing is to share it.

The thread isn't about how experienced a trader some of us are, or how much we think is good or not to spend on trading research etc..

TFA still walks and talks like a duck.

Long and Short of all this is if you believe there is enough doubt now about TFA then hopefully you have saved a bit of money, if you believe he is a guru then go ahead and spend your money. All down to individual choice at the end of the day.

Altentrader
Amsterdam Netherlands

Agree with the above comment from samgander. It almost looks like Powerbook wants to turn this thread in to a promotion for educators. Maybe it is best to just ignore him because of that. Anyone who still wants to pay Trader from Amsterdam $5000 for a SIM course should do so. At least people are warned for this crook just like the rest of the trading educators on the web. Take this advice from the vdo as well: "Those who CAN trade, those who CAN'T educate".

*drops mic*

powerbook
London, UK

Hi

I am only asking questions, applying tests, no more no less. At the risk of repeating myself the numbers in the DOM will be the clincher for me. But I do also have the ability to discuss other elements in parallel, as other people seem to be doing on this thread, e.g. whether his clock is working, details about his house, his children, etc. Sorry if you think I am using too many words or taking up too much space commenting on these elements.

When I said I thought TFA was the real deal, I hold my hands up, I had not done any extensive research. But given I was totally unaware he was selling courses it made sense. Clearly as this thread has progressed we are learning more - there is a timeline to this thread. I personally use NT8 and was not aware it had been hacked (assuming of course it has been). I wonder if the chap has complied the video has sent it to NT, would then not take a dim view that someone is hacking their software? Has he sent the video to the authorities, as surely TFA has a case to answer? I don't know the answers to these questions - and sorry if you think I am asking more questions, I am interested that is all.

If you think my questions are somehow off the scale, I can assure you a court of law would go in to far greater depth re. establishing the burden of proof. Of course no one is on trial her, I am merely posing questions, which the same rigueur as the outside world, in a polite and civil manner.

For the avoidance of doubt, yes I agree no one should pay TFA any money and buy his course!

Last Updated on July 12, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts