NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Trade-the-plan.com review

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one forgiven with 18 posts (6 thanks)
    2. looks_two Futures with 17 posts (14 thanks)
    3. looks_3 brettji with 16 posts (12 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Daniel Roe with 12 posts (3 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one t0030tr with 3.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Fibbee with 3.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 bopwillie with 3.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Futures with 0.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 62,340 views
    2. thumb_up 244 thanks given
    3. group 64 followers
    1. forum 182 posts
    2. attach_file 27 attachments

Search this Thread

Trade-the-plan.com review

Futures 
Toronto ON/Canada

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: CL
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 14

I can confirm that the website is online again and I am able to log in today. Just need the licensing server up and running and someone there to transfer my license to my new pc.

Well, one can hope.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

FMTrader 
Adelaide South Australia

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninjatrader
Trading: ES & 6E
Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 18

Futures View Post
I can confirm that the website is online again and I am able to log in today. Just need the licensing server up and running and someone there to transfer my license to my new pc.

Well, one can hope.

My anti-virus program tells me that the site has an invalid certificate but if I press on after that the website loads and I can log in. I have no idea what Dan is doing if anything. Based on the weird sequence of events that have got us to this point and the total lack of communication from Trade The Plan I don't have much confidence that things will return to some level of functionality.

Jonsell 
Minneapolis MN USA

Trading: Stock indexes
Thanks Given: 89
Thanks Received: 3

The software is working. Some old friends who used to be on the mic with him in his trade room have tried to reach out to him, but so far he is avoiding everyone. For his toolbar is the most valuable part of the package. I wil be very disappointed if it loses functionality over time with NT8 updates.

Thanked by:
 rainman1 
Boston MA

Trading: Stocks ES
Thanks Given: 27
Thanks Received: 36

Well this is less than ideal. I "joined" a couple of weeks ago with a monthly "lease" just to try it out. It setup and is working OK overall, but it can't connect to a server for updates and similar to you all the toolbar right-click for properties/settings doesn't work. I wonder what will happen after one month?

I like the product a lot ... and I've tried and looked at a number of things. I hope there's some way to keep it going.

"You have to make the choice in life, be a gambler or a croupier and then live with your decision come what may."-- Jack Manfred (Clive Owen), Croupier
 Futures 
Toronto ON/Canada

Yes, his toolbar is one amazing indicator. I really miss it on my new PC. Best of luck rainman1.

And Dan, if you're reading this, hope you are doing better.

Thanked by:
 FMTrader 
Adelaide South Australia

Platform: Ninjatrader
Trading: ES & 6E
Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 18

I find it pretty annoying that he has left his full website online still setup to take purchases from new clients who are not aware that he pretty well disappeared 4 to 5 months ago. Initially his website went offline and then came back online with messages that the certificate wasn't current. Shortly after that it started behaving normally again so I assume Dan renewed whatever approvals were required. I have sent Dan messages by every conceivable means and never received a response. His personal Facebook page has not had any new postings since February this year. It appears that via his TTP website you can still book and pay for Dan's time in advance for training or software development purposes but I suspect you may get nothing for your money. Whilst most of the software still seems to be working I notice that the ability to reconfigure some detailed toolbar settings has been impacted. It is hard to fathom what is going on here. He appears to have taken steps to keep his primary website alive but his software server ceased operating months ago. All emails sent to him remain unanswered and he doesn't even respond to a potential sales enquiry.

Thanked by:
 Futures 
Toronto ON/Canada

FMTrader - yup, I lost over $3k on Daniel Roe...more than pretty annoying for me, lol. I also recently bought an anchored VWAP drawing tool off another vendor to replace one of Daniel's drawing tools available on his now not-working (for me) ToolBar.

Leaving his website open for purchases but not properly licensing the purchased product sounds skanky. Some lawyers might even say fraudulent, but I can't say who brought his website back up and who is taking the money. I suspect a recent purchaser could ask their CC company to process a chargeback. Perhaps the banks will then flag his site and protect consumers.

Thanked by:
 dk27 
Europe

Platform: NT, IB
Broker: IQfeed, IB
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 223
Thanks Received: 144

Does anyone know any vendor who provides drawing tools that automatically snap to the swings the way TTP tools do?

Thanked by:
 JohnB 
Newport, UK

Broker: Ninjatrader
Trading: TF, GL, CL
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 0

Anyone still trying to reach out?

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

JohnB 
Newport, UK

Broker: Ninjatrader
Trading: TF, GL, CL
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 0

Like dk27, I'm also on the hunt to replace TTP Tools. I wish Daniel would reappear. I check every couple of days for any sign of new activity. Makes me feel bad :-( but I'm struggling on without TTP.

I really rated TTP it gave me confidence in my decisions that I'm not finding easy to replace. I still try and use the principles but without the tools at my fingertips it's much more of a struggle than it was six months ago.

I didn't figure that he'd just completely disappear. I thought at least the licence server would continue to stay up - even if he did eventually take a long hiatus.

Has everyone given up at this point and moved on?

I'm hoping this thread is not dead.

Trade On Dudes.

JB

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Last Updated on January 9, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts